RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-06, 06:46 AM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
Fuckin God no

IP: 0825 899A

Ok, I don't care if you agree with this or not

R&B is NOT apart of Hip Hop OK. Shit. I'm gonna rant almost irrelevantly for a minute.

Reasons I hate R&B: CAuse its the same fuckin shit over and over again. Sex Love and cheating. Sex, love, and cheating. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. The music feel is almost always the same and it annoys the fuckin shit out of me

Reasons I love rap: To me it feels more comfortable. I like the tempo of it, and its rhythm. When I'm listening to a rap song and I vibe with it, it feels like I'm in my room having a conversation with the artists and it always brings me to the place they're describing or I can feel their pain/joy. Even when rap is wack it drifts me into a half built world of stupidity(but with da hoez and money doe yo!).

Just because r&b is "urban" too and you see more collabs going on between the two doesn't make it part of it. Please, I love hip hop, don't ruin it by letting these faggots in it. Kthxbye
Old 05-06-06, 07:47 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 1F98 D349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
R&B is NOT apart of Hip Hop

No shit.
Old 05-06-06, 07:58 AM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP: 0825 899A

It may be obvious to you, but so many people still say that shit.
Old 05-06-06, 08:02 AM   #4
Journal!st
Above Originality

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D40E 67D5

Ya'll Niggas Gt Twisted Huh?!.
They Stupid Thats Why Indeph!
Old 05-06-06, 01:25 PM   #5
.TeamOne.
RobKilla

IP: 2C4E D1C6

Quote:

Reasons I hate R&B: CAuse its the same fuckin shit over and over again. Sex Love and cheating. Sex, love, and cheating. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. The music feel is almost always the same and it annoys the fuckin shit out of me

dude, i fell EXACTLY the same way... i mean, i've never really heard anything new. its ALL the same. i just started giving it a chance because every now and then, somebody gets innovative and puts a new spin on it... fer example, that new Rhianna song called unfaithful, that was a VERY original spin on the whole cheating thing, and i liked it. and you gotta give Ne-Yo some credit for so sick. he's talkin about how he doesnt wanna be in love. i mean, mostly its all the same but there are exceptions. ppl'd prolly say the same thing about rap tho, ya know? thats why its OUR job as MC's to BE original and not just a "money cash hoes" rapper, nah leans? i think lyrical rap is WAY more musical, thought out and poetic than most R&B songs... the only thing u need for R &B is a voice(i know im exaggerating but w/e), but rap you need much more
Send a message via AIM to .TeamOne.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 08:07 PM   #6
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: E555 11CF

R & B...Rap

Two different names, two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 05-06-06, 08:46 PM   #7
Reed
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 11BC 4743

a good rule of thumb is normaly if its on mtv your not listening to good music
Old 05-06-06, 11:04 PM   #8
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP: 3240 794D

Lmao @ that making no sense whatsoever.
Old 05-08-06, 12:47 AM   #9
DIDISI_MP
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 1141 38C5

hmm.. yea fa real tho
most RnB is trash...same shit over n over... some is really awesome uplifting shit...
but with rap when its real u get the feeling the vibe... u feel like ur there and its hard and gritty
but yea... people shuld not group rnb singers as rappaz

i know some people who regard rnb singers as rappaz and call rap shit because of it....
know ur shit b4 u start to critisize lol
word... good thoughts
Old 05-08-06, 05:28 AM   #10
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: BC9F EC21

i like alot of R&B, but i do always consider it a separate genre, and i like it for different reasons... i completely feel u on the reasons why you like rap Deph, thats exactly how if feel... but i listen to R&B when im depressed or with a girl or somethin... or both

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 05-08-06, 10:12 AM   #11
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP: FEAC 2479

lmao... y'all need to do some research.... where in da hell would rap be WITHOUT R&B?.... where do you think most of our beats come from?.... how are you gonna shyt on something that hip hop was partially built off of?... i mean really... look at da state of hip-hop... most of THIS shyt don't sound the same to you?... let's be real here for a minute... how many lean with it songs are out there right now?... how many of lil john's songs sound like all he did was change the title?.. how many wanna be thug songs are polluting the airwaves? ... if you got love for hip hop then you should have love for all kinds of music cuz that's where hip hop stems from... that shyt didn't just pop up outta thin air... it was influenced by jazz, rock and roll, country, gospel, and even rock music... get yaself into a music history class cuz obviously you got some shyt twisted... hip hop...REAL hip hop, that is... embraces ALL forms of music whether you wanna hear it or believe it or not

now with that said, R&B = Rhythm and BLUES... what da hell do you think the blues is about? pain and suffering... love... and all the shyt that you said you hated about it... those are the general topics of that genre... the only difference between the blues and R&B is the rhythm part... that's how it got it's name...

now let's get back to hip hop... what do you think the main topics are in hip hop? ...pain and suffering (surving the ghetto, selling drugs, pimping hoes, staying on ya hustle)... life (damn near every rapper claims how tough they had it)... love (for music, money, opposite sex, fame, notoriety, they peoples, the rap game, family, etc)

now with tha broken down like that how can you say that the shyt is completely different?... it is... but at the same time it's not... kats been saying the same shyt the r&b artists been saying for years... everybody got they own story to tell and it's all in how we tell it and the style we use in which to convey it...

let's stop being ignorant and embrace what has helped us to get to the point where we are today... and i don't mean ignorant in a bad way... i mean it in the definitive meaning of the word... truth is... without all these other genres there would be no hip hop... as soon as you learn that the sooner you'll be able to branch out as an artist and become an innovator instead of a follower

peep this quote...

"I betcha can't do it like me..." we all know where that comes from

my answer:

"I betcha I don't WANNA do it like you!"

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-06, 10:15 AM   #12
ILL GEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDISI_MP
hmm.. yea fa real tho
most RnB is trash...same shit over n over... some is really awesome uplifting shit...
but with rap when its real u get the feeling the vibe... u feel like ur there and its hard and grittybut yea... people shuld not group rnb singers as rappaz

i know some people who regard rnb singers as rappaz and call rap shit because of it....
know ur shit b4 u start to critisize lol
word... good thoughts

key werds were... when it's real!!!!! most rap ain't real... and you can hear it in the lyrics of most of the rappers that's out today

CLICK DA SIGGY

Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-06, 10:44 AM   #13
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Ig if you go by that philosophy than since rap uses guitars sometimes rock is part of hip hop. Since I heard violins in hip hop than classical is part of hip hop. Infleunce doesn't make something part of the music. Blues speaks about pain and suffering? So does basically every single art form known to man. Honestly the only shit thats keeping r&b and hip hop together is blackness and you can't even deny that.
Old 05-08-06, 10:46 AM   #14
Indeph
Not_Indeph

And you sayin since r&b influenced hip hop I cant say one bad word about it? R&B cats right now tryna act like rappers, Hip hop is its own thing.
Old 05-08-06, 11:48 AM   #15
ILL GEE

Quote:
#1...Ig if you go by that philosophy than since rap uses guitars sometimes rock is part of hip hop. Since I heard violins in hip hop than classical is part of hip hop. Infleunce doesn't make something part of the music. #2...Blues speaks about pain and suffering? So does basically every single art form known to man. #3....Honestly the only shit thats keeping r&b and hip hop together is blackness and you can't even deny that.

#1... that's EXACTLY what I'm saying.... let's go back to da Sugar Hill Gang... where do you think they first got the music to thier songs?... old skool r&b and funk...correct?... it's always been a part of hip hop... most of our breaks came from finding shyt in other music... the only thing we added was our way of conveying our message... we use a spoken word form with a bit of a melody... r&b artists use singing...

now let's take it a step further... De La Soul for instance... they used things like cartoons and old super hero records to make thier beats...

all hip hop does is recycle the old and upgrade to a point where all the "new skool" rap heads don't recognize it or maybe have never heard it to begin with... hip hop has been influenced by other music since day one!!! and that's fact!!! at the current moment it can also be said that a lot of r&b artists are depending on rap artists to make a name for themselves... frankly, can ya blame them?... we've leaned on them since rap first started... it's time to give back

as far as the classical part.. how many albums have you heard that doesn't incorporate some kind of orchestra element in it?
Dre does it... Timbaland did it... Pete Rock and CL Smooth did it... The whole west coast does it...lol... Kanye... the list goes on and on... is it hip hop?...no... is it a part of hip hop?....my answer is yes...

#2... you stated the EXACT point I was trying to get across... no news flash here... we're on the same page with this one...

#3... that last comment was definitively ignorant... i've been to japan... they have a HUGE hip hop base out there.... it has nothing to do with blackness... it has everything to do with the CULTURE... i still don't see how kats don't get that... think about it... how come hispanic or latin american emcees don't get the same kinda flack that white artists do?... if a dude is feeling ya lyrics and you dropping from deep down inside does it really matter what skin tone you are? nope.... that's that brainwashed mentality and stereotypical bullshyt that tears music and people apart... if the shyt sounds good together then make that shyt happen... hell i'd do a country/jazz/hip hop collabo if i could make it sound good...

R&B is not a black or white thing... hip hop is not a black or white thing... it's a people thing... kats who think in terms of black and white are closed-minded, one-sided, and already set in thier ways and thoughts... free ya minds, people... free ya minds

CLICK DA SIGGY