Thread: Fuckin God no
View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 11:48 AM   #15
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
#1...Ig if you go by that philosophy than since rap uses guitars sometimes rock is part of hip hop. Since I heard violins in hip hop than classical is part of hip hop. Infleunce doesn't make something part of the music. #2...Blues speaks about pain and suffering? So does basically every single art form known to man. #3....Honestly the only shit thats keeping r&b and hip hop together is blackness and you can't even deny that.

#1... that's EXACTLY what I'm saying.... let's go back to da Sugar Hill Gang... where do you think they first got the music to thier songs?... old skool r&b and funk...correct?... it's always been a part of hip hop... most of our breaks came from finding shyt in other music... the only thing we added was our way of conveying our message... we use a spoken word form with a bit of a melody... r&b artists use singing...

now let's take it a step further... De La Soul for instance... they used things like cartoons and old super hero records to make thier beats...

all hip hop does is recycle the old and upgrade to a point where all the "new skool" rap heads don't recognize it or maybe have never heard it to begin with... hip hop has been influenced by other music since day one!!! and that's fact!!! at the current moment it can also be said that a lot of r&b artists are depending on rap artists to make a name for themselves... frankly, can ya blame them?... we've leaned on them since rap first started... it's time to give back

as far as the classical part.. how many albums have you heard that doesn't incorporate some kind of orchestra element in it?
Dre does it... Timbaland did it... Pete Rock and CL Smooth did it... The whole west coast does it...lol... Kanye... the list goes on and on... is it hip hop?...no... is it a part of hip hop?....my answer is yes...

#2... you stated the EXACT point I was trying to get across... no news flash here... we're on the same page with this one...

#3... that last comment was definitively ignorant... i've been to japan... they have a HUGE hip hop base out there.... it has nothing to do with blackness... it has everything to do with the CULTURE... i still don't see how kats don't get that... think about it... how come hispanic or latin american emcees don't get the same kinda flack that white artists do?... if a dude is feeling ya lyrics and you dropping from deep down inside does it really matter what skin tone you are? nope.... that's that brainwashed mentality and stereotypical bullshyt that tears music and people apart... if the shyt sounds good together then make that shyt happen... hell i'd do a country/jazz/hip hop collabo if i could make it sound good...

R&B is not a black or white thing... hip hop is not a black or white thing... it's a people thing... kats who think in terms of black and white are closed-minded, one-sided, and already set in thier ways and thoughts... free ya minds, people... free ya minds

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote