Thread: Fuckin God no
View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 12:03 PM   #17
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
And you sayin since r&b influenced hip hop I cant say one bad word about it? R&B cats right now tryna act like rappers, Hip hop is its own thing.

ok... so how do you classify lauryn hill?.... mary j blige?.... Floetry?... Akon?.... queen latifah? (she sings and raps.. even did a jazz album which i own a copy of).... no one knows what da hell ja-rule or nelly does , so we'll leave them outta this (yeah, they're rappers tryna act like they R&B...lmao)... back to business... how do you classify alicia keyes?... all these folks i just mentioned get down for thiers (except ja and nelly... damn them!!!!) and the music they drop is played in r&b and hip hop circles all over the world.. and i never once said that you couldn't say anything bad about it... if ya don't like it, that's fine... it's your preference... but if you wanna state facts then you can't say shyt like... "they tryna act like rappers"... you have no idea how that particular artist was tryna come across... when they start tryna do whole albums as a rapper you can cross that line... but just cuz they got a guest appearance by an emcee or use hip hop styled beats for the music?... you passing judgements like you was there with the artists themselves...lol... everything i spit in this thread was based on facts... not things that i personally find appealing to the ear... i back up facts with examples and then explain the examples that i use...

show me facts that say r&b and hip hop are tied together by blackness and i'll leave it alone... and before you go there... just think of the many black rap artists that have collabed with white singers (jay-z, tupac, balck eyed peas, eve, method man, lil kim, public enemy, krs-one... just to name a few)

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote