Thread: Fuckin God no
View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 12:11 PM   #19
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
God, come on now. The blackness shit is true, if hip hop is so inclined with other music they would have a billion radio stations that play "hip hop and classical" or "hip hop and death metal". R&b sings of instruments, and so does a bunch of other music, but obviously since both rap and r&b hit an "urban demographic" they're gonna group them together. Obviously this isn't a test of how free my mind is, it's just reflecting on society. They play hip hop and r&b on BET, and never any rock. And why is that? I wonder... And being black I wouldn't be caught dead trying to group my people like that, its just solid truth. ANY other music can use any instrument they want, so can hip hop. But its the choice of genre, you can't just go adding music to other genres because they had an influence. Come on now this isnt a political issue, it's just social.

ok... so white folks don't live in urban environments?...lol.. i had plenty of white folks in my urban environment growing up... your comment eludes to the fact that only black folks live in urban areas so that's why they listen to certain music...

i agree with the society comment to an extent... i, personally choose not to listen to the radio too much and i barely watch bet or mtv... i make my own decisions about what music i wanna hear by being aware of the different types of music that's out there... i'm not one that's gonna be easily influenced by some shyt cuz society says that's how it's supposed to be...

as a black guy, you gonna tell me the only music you'd ever listen to is from black folks?... if you heard a hot ass song by a rock group you wouldn't admit that you liked it? if it's all about the music then, like i said previously, if it's good then it's good, no matter what the source is...

again, i understand where ya coming from... but i'm just saying that it's more to it than that

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote