Thread: Fuckin God no
View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 12:17 PM   #21
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
That's EXACTLY my point. The "urban demographic". Lauren Hill, Alicia Keys, Erica, and all them other people all hit an urban audience. Just like eminem got play on rock stations. Is he rock now? If it wasn't a black and white thing he wouldn't of got play. And if it wasn't a black and white thing, they would play rock on BET and other black radio. All those people you mentioned aren't hip hop, they're just urban. You cannot tell me if mary j was white and lived in a white area and talked about white problems she would be considered hip hop. If that's true what makes kelly clarkson less hip hop than her?

then again... you hafta look at the tv station you chose... music as a whole isn't about black or white ... BET is about Black artists and the main reason they did that in the beginning was because MTV would not play black music before Michael Jackson's Thriller album dropped... that's one of the reasons i stopped watching them as much... they play to segregation... i ain't about that... hell, my dj was a white guy from Queens and his favorite artist was Bob Marley!!!

just cuz society as a whole is jacked up it don't mean we have to be

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote