Thread: Fuckin God no
View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 12:43 PM   #26
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

now ya getting what i'm trying to say... it's too limited!!!!!! that's exactly why i embraced what KRS One is saying in that excerpt... i already felt that way about hip hop before i read this but just the fact that other people view it on a wider basis, just as i do, is what keeps me going and wanting to continue doing this. i don't see my self as limiting others views... i'm expanding by adding other elements that they most likely haven't even thought of before... I love hip hop to death and i love getting into debates about it cuz i've pretty much been a fan from the beginning.. i study the lyrics, the way people say shyt, pick out what makes some songs as powerful as they are, i study the formulas... pick shyt apart and put it back together again like learning how to build motors.... even in my family life i incorporate hip hop... (street smarts, ethics, etc.)...

i just try and make people aware that hip hop is a lot larger than what they see on tv and hear on the radio... there's a behind the scenes part of it that needs to be learned and i try and bring that to the forefront

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote