View Single Post
Old 05-28-06, 08:37 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Why can't most people see that they are being enslaved mentally?

IP:

Talking about gay-hate/bashing specifically...

I've read where people said, "I don't have a problem with gays. I'm not a bigot." And, yet, their actions speak otherwise. Why can't they see that they have been indoctrinated from birth to look down upon gay people and to hate them?

If someone told me, "Mike, red ants will bite you and cause you to swell up because they are poisonous," I'll think that until I'm taught otherwise. Everytime I see a red ant, I'll fear it, and hate it, and speak badly of it. It's no different with gay people and other issues that people are ignorant of. Why do gay people, including myself, receive so much hate? It's because people are taught to hate us. People are taught that gay people are "inferior" to them, and somehow "sick" and "perverted". It's deep-seated in people's minds.

UNLEARN what you have LEARNED people.

You don't even realize that you think the way you do because it's been embedded in your subconscious.

Get to know someone before you make a judgment. And, no, the internet is not "getting to know someone." You'd be amazed how similar people are. We all have the same fears, the same experiences. Come on people. Why perpetuate this barrier/rift?

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote