RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-06, 08:37 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Why can't most people see that they are being enslaved mentally?

IP: 2B7A 2084

Talking about gay-hate/bashing specifically...

I've read where people said, "I don't have a problem with gays. I'm not a bigot." And, yet, their actions speak otherwise. Why can't they see that they have been indoctrinated from birth to look down upon gay people and to hate them?

If someone told me, "Mike, red ants will bite you and cause you to swell up because they are poisonous," I'll think that until I'm taught otherwise. Everytime I see a red ant, I'll fear it, and hate it, and speak badly of it. It's no different with gay people and other issues that people are ignorant of. Why do gay people, including myself, receive so much hate? It's because people are taught to hate us. People are taught that gay people are "inferior" to them, and somehow "sick" and "perverted". It's deep-seated in people's minds.

UNLEARN what you have LEARNED people.

You don't even realize that you think the way you do because it's been embedded in your subconscious.

Get to know someone before you make a judgment. And, no, the internet is not "getting to know someone." You'd be amazed how similar people are. We all have the same fears, the same experiences. Come on people. Why perpetuate this barrier/rift?

Last edited by Tha Q. : 05-28-06 at 08:40 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 10:58 AM   #2
%%%%
Middle Weight

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 74CC 2A2F

.............What the FUCK are you talking about............
Old 05-28-06, 11:04 AM   #3
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP: 62AE AF1F

why the fuck are you here again? LEAVE
Send a message via AIM to -TeamOne- Send a message via MSN to -TeamOne- Send a message via Yahoo to -TeamOne-   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 11:17 AM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

Really its the same as any other mental conditioning that people in this society receive.

People look for groups. They categorize eachother, and anybody different (there are a lot of degrees of difference, but sexuality is, from what I have seen, a primary one) is alienated / looked down upon.

Do they want to realize it? Of course they dont. Ignorance is bliss in this world, people dont realize that their whole lives are more or less fallacies. I'll admit that I even look down on gays and even some races. It's subconcious, I can't do anything about it. Im not racist in actions or speech, but deep down I DO differentiate and react differently to certain situations based on the race and sexuality of those involved. The difference is that I actually realize i'm doing it, and look at it from an external point of view. Others? They are fully immersed in it and unaware. And they love it.
Old 05-28-06, 11:23 AM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Really its the same as any other mental conditioning that people in this society receive.

People look for groups. They categorize eachother, and anybody different (there are a lot of degrees of difference, but sexuality is, from what I have seen, a primary one) is alienated / looked down upon.

Do they want to realize it? Of course they dont. Ignorance is bliss in this world, people dont realize that their whole lives are more or less fallacies. I'll admit that I even look down on gays and even some races. It's subconcious, I can't do anything about it. Im not racist in actions or speech, but deep down I DO differentiate and react differently to certain situations based on the race and sexuality of those involved. The difference is that I actually realize i'm doing it, and look at it from an external point of view. Others? They are fully immersed in it and unaware. And they love it.

But, that's no justification for it. And, anything you can learn, you can UNLEARN and replace with a more accepting and tolerant truth.

Old 05-28-06, 11:28 AM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

I dont think i'm quite at a high enough level mentally to control my subconcious mind. Through conditioning a lot of things, including the things you're talking about, become instinctive, but I am working on it.
Old 05-28-06, 06:42 PM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I dont think i'm quite at a high enough level mentally to control my subconcious mind. Through conditioning a lot of things, including the things you're talking about, become instinctive, but I am working on it.

There are ways to do it. I've become good at conditioning my mind. It's part of psychokinesis.

It's also the basic principle of, "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he."

Well, yea...way more to it...But, it works. I'm also working on it as well.

Old 05-28-06, 08:01 PM   #8
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 7BE2 A0A1

I hate when people do this shit. Basically we cant believe anything is wrong or right. Aren't you being a slave to logic? The same society that has enslaved some people to think the way they do made you think the way you do. B Everyone is taught something and you were taught what you're doing isnt wrong. How do we know murder or any other type of "wrong" that we're taught is actually wrong. There's reasons why people have been 'enslaved' to dislike gays in the 1st place. If we apply this to anything, we shouldn't even listen to you. I actually don't like gays, not the people, mainly the attribute. I just don't like feminine men, even if they don't act like a girl, liking men to ME is seen as wrong. The same way I have been raised to dislike them, is the same way you were raised NOT to dislike them. You can never escape influence, cause as long as you're here in this world you're always gonna be influenced. Something has influenced you to be so called "freed" from the slave mentality, when in reality you're just a "slave" to a different owner. Shit, we might as well not move or eat, and just sit there and die. Cause we might become slaves to food and air. IN MY OPINION!!!! PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE. It's just how I see it.
Old 05-28-06, 08:14 PM   #9
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Rofl @ mimesis's post that he deleted. Ill, back of the bus. Classic.
Old 05-28-06, 08:50 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
I hate when people do this shit. Basically we cant believe anything is wrong or right. Aren't you being a slave to logic? The same society that has enslaved some people to think the way they do made you think the way you do. B Everyone is taught something and you were taught what you're doing isnt wrong. How do we know murder or any other type of "wrong" that we're taught is actually wrong. There's reasons why people have been 'enslaved' to dislike gays in the 1st place. If we apply this to anything, we shouldn't even listen to you. I actually don't like gays, not the people, mainly the attribute. I just don't like feminine men, even if they don't act like a girl, liking men to ME is seen as wrong. The same way I have been raised to dislike them, is the same way you were raised NOT to dislike them. You can never escape influence, cause as long as you're here in this world you're always gonna be influenced. Something has influenced you to be so called "freed" from the slave mentality, when in reality you're just a "slave" to a different owner. Shit, we might as well not move or eat, and just sit there and die. Cause we might become slaves to food and air. IN MY OPINION!!!! PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE. It's just how I see it.

1st off, I know feminine men who are heterosexual. And, liking men doesn't make a man effeminate.

2nd, I'm talking about stereotypes bro, not what's "right" or "wrong". I'm saying that people are ingrained to think gays are inferior to them. That affects the way people view gays and lesbians. And, I feel that is wrong because it doesn't allow you to get to know an individual without bias. That's what I'm talking about.

And, when you become self-aware, that's when you can change your way of thinking. Part of growing mentally is literally unlearning many of the lies we're taught growing up, not only about other cultures, but about ourselves.

Old 05-28-06, 08:57 PM   #11
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Yeah I definetly feel you. I know people are different and alike in many ways and stereotypes shouldn't be used to judge. I apologize, I get what you're saying now. Muh bad I just got the wrong idea when you said unlearn everything.
Old 05-28-06, 10:08 PM   #12
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

More then just subconsciously, gays seen as inferior is instinctual. Basically, if you're gay you can't reproduce and carry on the species. So basically, if you can train yourself to ignore other instinctual urges and shit, like the need for food three times a day or something, you should be able to look past homosexuality on the instinctual level. On a subconscious level though, people just have to learn to analyze themselves and see that they are doing something and it is for a certain reason. Most people are scared to do that though. I know for a fact that when I was at Disneyland with my uncle this weekend, (who is gay) I felt more uncomfortable sitting next to him than anyone else and I know it's subconscious. I couldn't help it at the time, it takes training of the mind, but really, how many people out there based off of the average person in the world, would actually take the time to do that?

You kind of answered your own question in this thread btw.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 05-28-06, 10:10 PM   #13
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
IP: 9133 0431

i dont hate people if there gay i just hate gays.....like if a person is gay i dont hate him...i hate the fact that he's gay cuz thats fuckin sick and against nature but i wont think anything diffrent of him as i would with anybody else i talk to...if he's gay to where he's talkin like a fuckin woman i'll bitchslap that sickfuck and make him aware that he's actually a guy gay or not....lol but otherwise if u gay and sound straight i dont care as long as u aint fuckin hitting on me cuz i'll hit on you (with my fists)
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 10:12 PM   #14
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

You can't say that you would treat someone who possesses a quality you hate the same as someone who doesn't. That's really fucking illogical.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 05-28-06, 10:20 PM   #15
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
IP: 9133 0431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
You can't say that you would treat someone who possesses a quality you hate the same as someone who doesn't. That's really fucking illogical.

depends on what it is that i hate...if the sumthin i hate is in my face constantly or where i have ta deal with it like almost everytime i come across it i'll never be able ta deal wit it, but if it like doesnt come out to where i almost dont notice...like if a gay guy just acts like a normal person and doesnt do anything ta remind me then yes i can bare the fact that they have sumthin i hate

how does that not sound logical??
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote