View Single Post
Old 07-14-07, 11:23 AM   #13
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP:

i see wat ur sayin but the reason why wayne should never be considered a great is the same reason rappers like fabolous and cassidy will never be considered greats... they just arent serious in their raps.... fab actually has some pretty nice lyrics and wordplay but it takes away from the song alot of times (in my opinion) because theyre only there for that "wow" effect or to make u laugh... it is very possible to have an ill metaphor thats not supposed to make u laugh.... but none of them three are able to do it.... or it seems that way right now.... even in a lot of fabs more "serious" songs he still adds in that same type of comedic wordplay "hit me with the blues so hard u would think i was crippin"..... and lil wayne right now is the king of just comedic wordplay... i think hes good at wat he does.... but wat he does should not put him on the status of greats.... if he didnt already have a reputation from his last CD, and with hit songs like Fireman... if he was an up and comer, i think everyone agrees he would not be anywhere near this big or be considered a great..... he would prolly be viewed as i view him: a novelty act, a sideshow

...The real Renegade before Hova...