Thread: Blow it
View Single Post
Old 05-24-06, 01:12 PM   #22
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP:

Ok, I see pieces like this getting garbage feedback and it makes me feel sympathetic, so for one time only, and ONLY because it was a dope piece I will give you some real feedback.

I'm sure a lot of people didn't understand the beautiful simplicity of this piece, and thought maybe the man suffered from bi polar syndrome which my mother struggles with but God willing can control it. Luckily I've never had a taste for drugs except a bit of weed now and again when the mood takes me, but I know how easily it ruins lives just like the one of this man, and the people who suffer are ALWAYS the loved ones.

I wasn't sure why you used *sniff sniff* between the paragraphs until the end. I thought he was crying or some shit but it all fitted when I read these lines.

Daddy's gone and opportunity unfolds it's arms to hold the neglected soul
... Rejected tolls till the infected coils it's scourge around the bill she holds ...
She mimics Daddy's bold poise & unleashes the noise of the deaf instructor
She inhales the product and conducts the unthinkable ... the breath of comfort
She coughs as her head aches from blood baked on caked membrains laced
Dawn evaporates to hate as the walls disapate till she's taunt with pain & numb.

^Dope as fuck. I wasn't sure about the deaf instructor metaphor but the breath of comfort and the image of the arms of death unfurling to 'comfort her' was ill. I love your style, it's very similar to that of Bounce who is arguably the best OM writer on RB. The metaphors intertwined with multies and a very nice flow made it that much better to read.

The description on how his addiction worsened and how his daughter suffered as a consequence was very nicely done, and the cliffhanger ending with her in a coma was also skillfull as it left the reader very curious as to what happened to her. The only thing I thought you could have done a bit better was outline the daughter a bit more. Maybe make her age a bit clearer as she could have been anywhere between 4-10 by the sounds of it. Also the switch in Point of View was very well done but if you used a few lines to convey her emotions in between her actions, it would have improved it slightly.

As it was, it was fucking dope, great job.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote