RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-05, 03:56 AM   #16
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

Text Record: 6-3
IP: A2CF 2639

^ lol.

In short, I believe religion is a crutch for the weak minded as a way to transgress their guilty conscience to a higher order (god through asking forgiveness) In a better attempt to live day-to-day life easier without feeling guilty for mistakes they've made in the past. That it just my opinion.

Some religious people try to make me understand and the best ive heard is this:

How do you know a building is there? How do you know a car is there? Because someone BUILT IT, and you're whitnessing the creation of someone/thing else.

I've arrgued countless times and asked how is it not possible that some loon along time ago made the bible up? How could we be the only ones in the universe with a conscience mind, seems like a waste of space. Science and Religion contradict themselves. One follows the theory of evelution, one I tend to follow due to the physical proof of it. The other is based on faith of which I see no proof except the Bible.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

The unexamined life is not worth living.
Send a message via AIM to Mentalz   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-05, 04:02 AM   #17
JRoy
I'm Back HOEBAG

IP: 23DF D68F

well we'll find out what happens in the end wont we we'll knwo that what i said was truth

^^Kids Are Stupid On The Internet Like This...lol

My Alias Names
--------------
ub2ez
Infector Mindz
Natural Instincts
JRoy
Past Tense
Old 09-25-05, 04:56 AM   #18
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0FEE D721

I'll get the stupid one out of the way first..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroy
well we'll find out what happens in the end wont we we'll knwo that what i said was truth

Your views on the way things used to be are in-correct and naieve. And make no difference at all. Follow religion, but dont just blindly believe everything your told buddy.... Thats all I'm going to say to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalz
^ lol.

In short, I believe religion is a crutch for the weak minded as a way to transgress their guilty conscience to a higher order (god through asking forgiveness) In a better attempt to live day-to-day life easier without feeling guilty for mistakes they've made in the past. That it just my opinion.

Some religious people try to make me understand and the best ive heard is this:

How do you know a building is there? How do you know a car is there? Because someone BUILT IT, and you're whitnessing the creation of someone/thing else.

I've arrgued countless times and asked how is it not possible that some loon along time ago made the bible up? How could we be the only ones in the universe with a conscience mind, seems like a waste of space. Science and Religion contradict themselves. One follows the theory of evelution, one I tend to follow due to the physical proof of it. The other is based on faith of which I see no proof except the Bible.

I know most people cant comprehend religion and evolution existing side by side. And nobody is asking you to change your views on religion. However.. Here is why I believe what I believe.

I used to be just like you.. I had decided myself that religion was an ancient method of control to prevent people living in an outlaw society where laws would have been poory enforced and what better way to get people doing what their told than to tell them they will burn in hell for eternity if they dont do what the church tells them to. Right?

Well nobody can prove that wrong ofcourse.
However the more I studied religion and started to make more educated assumptions on its purpose I began to find myself understanding the real value of religion to our modern society. Personally I disreguard a lot of religious belief's even though I dont dissagree with them. In my own way, I have studied and come to conclusions and now I believe I understand religion on a level a lot of people couldnt even fathom.. My belief that god is a transendant mind that concieved the universe and its inhabitance, this theory does not conflict with any religious or scientific belief's. It is simply on a different level. I believe god created science, evolution & gave religion to prophets around the world to suit different cultures perfectly how it needed to be done. Ofcourse there are differences in religions, but how exactly would you expect them to stay seperate for so long? Because people blindly give faith to their own religious belief's and dont actually attempt to believe any others. I think you'll find there are often ways to translate most religious belief's in a language other religions would understand without going too far to make connections.

That is my belief in a nutshell. But heres the part I've been working up to.
Science has one major flaw above all else that it cannot explain, a final peice of the puzzle if you will that is missing. The scientific creation story says that the universe was made by a big bang. But they have no explenation as to how this big bang came about. How exactly did it happen? And more importantly.. What existed before the big bang?

There is not a scrap of evidence either way that could possably dissagree with god being a transendant eternal mind that concieved the universe (possibly with a big bang) and since god does not go by the same time perseption as we do, there is no telling whether billions of years to us, could be simply another point of reference on a larger scale of time to him.

God is the final peice of the puzzle explaining our existance whether science can prove it or not. Everything else within religion is secondary. Explain to me otherwise if you are able to do so as it may be slightly amusing.

I'd go on and on and on for a lot longer but I jus got a call and I really gotta go..

Too bad ey..
Hope this post helps though.
Old 09-29-05, 12:37 AM   #19
OrEo da cookie
SEE YA AT THE TOP

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 1EDC 673C

well think of this....alot of people cant belive the world was made in 7 days...
but a day is when the earth does a whole spin...who says god cant make the world spin or stop and waited millions of years to make like water animals and stuff
but i also have thought of god writing our lives down in a book..and when we somehow glance at it this results in "deja voo" how else would we be able to see in the future with out it already being known
Old 09-29-05, 12:56 AM   #20
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP: 6B3B E822

A lot of references in the bible are metaphorical.

A day could mean a step. Kind of like the world was build in 7 steps...

In revelations, the reference to 7 could be the same metaphoric meaning thats employed for instance like the world being destroyed or 7 steps sort through who will be accepted into the next era..

You cant decypher anything the bible says if you take it literally..

Last edited by Nostradamus : 09-29-05 at 01:01 AM.
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-05, 04:12 AM   #21
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
A lot of references in the bible are metaphorical.

A day could mean a step. Kind of like the world was build in 7 steps...

In revelations, the reference to 7 could be the same metaphoric meaning thats employed for instance like the world being destroyed or 7 steps sort through who will be accepted into the next era..

You cant decypher anything the bible says if you take it literally..

Well, the argument people put against that though is that BEFORE the 7 days statement in the Bible it states that lightness and darkness were created and "The light was called day, and the dark night," or something like that, but I agree... all that stuff has been translated WAAAY too many times to hold specific words to too much power.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 09-30-05, 12:17 PM   #22
schema
howdy

Text Record: 27-10
IP: D8D6 6AE6

the current scientific view is that the universe is cyclical...

there has been measureable slowing in the expansion of the universe...its believed that the universe will reach a certain point of expansion then begin to collapse on itself as all the stars die out and create black holes...eventually the intense gravity will cause the universe to collapse on itself so hard-into a ball denser than anything ever observed or even imagined-that large scale fusion will occur and cause the universe to explode and begin to expand again...

this would be the 'big bang'...except scientists believe that there has been not one but perhaps millions of them...

as the particles cool and swirl planets and galaxies form...and keep swirling...thats why everything orbits everything...its still swirling from the big bang millions of years ago...ask me more about it if you want...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-05, 02:51 PM   #23
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP: 6B3B E822

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
the current scientific view is that the universe is cyclical...

there has been measureable slowing in the expansion of the universe...its believed that the universe will reach a certain point of expansion then begin to collapse on itself as all the stars die out and create black holes...eventually the intense gravity will cause the universe to collapse on itself so hard-into a ball denser than anything ever observed or even imagined-that large scale fusion will occur and cause the universe to explode and begin to expand again...

this would be the 'big bang'...except scientists believe that there has been not one but perhaps millions of them...

as the particles cool and swirl planets and galaxies form...and keep swirling...thats why everything orbits everything...its still swirling from the big bang millions of years ago...ask me more about it if you want...

Well, although this doesent disprove my theory. You have to remember, space IS the final frontier.. Humans used to think the Earth was flat for a long time untill they realised they were wrong. So talking universe theorys may be a little premature in currant times, however this wouldnt effect much of my theory on what god is as its based mainly on other facts and teachings..

Still.. Its interesting..
And you have to ask yourself.. What the hell existed before the big bang? What created it? .......And what a lot may not be able to grasp.. Can the big bang be related to child birth if my theory is correct?
Old 09-30-05, 11:37 PM   #24
schema
howdy

Text Record: 27-10
IP: D8D6 6AE6

your theory isnt provable one way or another...neither is mine...i was just telling you what i think...

i dont think there was a THE big bang...i think there have been millions of big bangs...over trillions of years...and i just think it has always been that way...

permanence is a hard concept for humans to grasp...but i just believe that the universe has always existed...i dont think there was a point when it came into existence from nothingness...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 12:04 AM   #25
A-Sez
New to RV

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5350 A834

i didn't read all the posts so i don't know if anyones said anything like this or not and i don't know anything about religion either but

if there is a god and they made us who made god?, and about peoples mind, like your brain and shit like your mind is YOU not your body, your mind controls what you do, say and all that. but what controls your mind? thats why i belive in ghosts and shit cuz thats like your mind. and shit havein to do with ghosts has happend to people i know like they'v seen them.

^^the sign speaks the truth!
Old 10-02-05, 07:18 PM   #26
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 37D7 A13D

GOD=BLACK
nuff asid

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote