RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-03, 08:41 PM   #1
deacon
I Am The Light

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
Yo i wanna get a new thing started here at poetry scripts---

IP: CB2E 7CE0

Alright alot of us RB users stay with the poetry section for the most part--I've been to other messageboards and poetry battles are really common--basically the thread starter posts a subject and they both write about it whose ever comes more true wins--I think we need to have this to keep this place hyped up. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling me on this--get back to me
Send a message via AIM to deacon   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-03, 02:26 AM   #2
deacon
I Am The Light

IP: 7A1B BD41

this is starting to hurt me--no motivation in this fuckin place all everyone cares about is themselves
Old 05-04-03, 02:21 PM   #3
andrewalex25

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: AF53 C6EE

im feelin you deacon
Old 05-05-03, 01:15 AM   #4
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

Text Record: 2-1
IP: CEF5 716F

Back in the old days, years ago, this would've flown. But folk aint the same folk no more. Hell, I'm thinking of blazing out of here myself and just giving up on this site and find a new domain to call my own. I dunno why I'm saying other then hoping things might be brought back to the way it was before.

Just call it lack of rescources in the department of human relations.
Old 05-06-03, 04:03 PM   #5
deacon
I Am The Light

yeah if things happen as planned we'll be getting the right rescources need to keep everyone busy--i guess the crashes that have happen'd recently have fucked with everything so give it time-some good things to look forward to in the future.
Old 05-06-03, 08:38 PM   #6
Mad Man
Jee-You Knit?

Text Record: 8-6
IP: F75A 411A

Yo it's called the RBTL check it out!

Throw Back
.Compton Records.
.Vicious Determination.

"There are times when silence has the loudest voice" - Mike Bibby

The First Ever Middle Weight Champion

Send a message via AIM to Mad Man Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Man   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-03, 08:47 PM   #7
shiznit
Tampons are expensive

Text Record: 2-1
IP: EF0A E7B2

uhhh...deacon are you lost???? isnt this suppose to be in the emmcee interaction forum???....

well i mean u should ask ppl from there so every1 would see then get back here and start ur thread or whatever u wanna call it....

just a thought...no hate
Send a message via Yahoo to shiznit   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-03, 12:31 AM   #8
deacon
I Am The Light

IP: B385 6529

Nah shiznit its not---This is basically for everyone who posts in this section--emcee interaction is more for people to talk about their new favorite rapper or whos a hard emcee--And mad man im not talking about text battles im talking about poetry battles theres a big difference alright later

-1-
Old 05-07-03, 12:15 PM   #9
Philo
New to RB

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 59AD 8C08

I've been around...
poetry battle sections are whack.
when you write a poem you should not be trying to please a crowd or justify your shit (unless your stupid)...

Poetry battles ruin poetry forums.
People should not feel the need to read something or vote on something... and it is very difficult to deal with different poetry styles then aswell.

I could go on forever...if you need more reasons... just ask but believe me, it may seem cool it concept, but in reality it's whack.
Old 05-07-03, 09:31 PM   #10
Bloomquist
..Top!cal..

IP: A0A0 0AAF

you saying to have poetry battles?i fell ya on that...i mean poetrys all bout lettin out ure feelings,it relates i guess ya....but it''d be good if on our battle records an administrator would show a sepreate thing that said poetry battles wins and losses...lol jsut speakin waht i think...peace out

Poetry
Shadow Savior
Send a message via AIM to Bloomquist   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-03, 09:37 PM   #11
deacon
I Am The Light

Philo I understand your point but a text battle should be seen no different than a poetry battle. I personally think there should be no difference in either. They both are set up for a basis of who brings out the written better or has a more original form of thought through a certain topic--also RB has done it in the past as well as most of the other major rap boards. Competition can be found in all forms of art its the american way. if you find it to be pathetic then just dont take part in it.

As for this statement---

(unless your stupid)...

If you are implying that i am stupid along with the moderators for this form in which also agree. Then helping out with new ideas to keep this form respected and active is stupid as well. Im not turning anything political for the liberal movement to eat up. Im basically saying that it will improve writers ability--If they get set up with a diverse topic they tend to have to work their minds. For someone who hasn't been around to see what this form is about you seem to have a huge understanding of what is whack for this particular form.
Old 05-08-03, 09:38 PM   #12
Philo
New to RB

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 00A4 6510

I also respect your point of view and in no way am I attacking your integrity or the integrity of the site. When you look at the (stupid) statement you can clearly see that I was not calling you stupid or other mods or even writers.... but only those who feel the need to write poems to please crowds or write poems as a means of justifying their skill as a writer.

Writing is a difficult task, good writing takes time and understanding.

When considering whether or not to have a poetry tournament, consider this....
what is the essence of poetry?
will this tournament be compromising the essence of poetry seen on these boards?
will poetry battles really improve the poems that people write or will they feel a need to conform to a certain style because that is what gets votes?
Is it worth it to attract people to the forum or site for poetry battles and risk having a backlog of threads and replies where one writes
"dope work, like your style... this line was dope.... hey, check my shit out it's called blah blah blah..."?

I do not yet consider myself a great poet... I have too much to learn, read and write... but I will say that the best poets that I have seen on the internet have not 1 battle in any form ever recorded. Poets should not have to prove themselves by competing in an art that leaves so much to interpretation.

I have not yet posted any of my works on these boards because I do not think that I have contributed enough to the site and tried hard enough to apprecdiate everyone elses shit.... but I read more than I post on my friend.

Lastly, (and sorry for going on forever). if you want topical battles... you already have a topical league... you brought up the point of more originality, but in concept opr style?... most of the writing in there is purley story-telling and it could be much more...that league has potential. I write raps as an exercise to become a better writer. There are times when I invest my whole self into a rap but never into a battle rap. Battles are merely exercises..... poetry exercises should not become battles seen on the net.

Peace and good luck.
Old 05-08-03, 11:23 PM   #13
Prolyfic

Text Record: 0-1
IP: F944 C4B5

i kno im new but ive been to plenty boards an have seen how tha battle would or could work and they can be difficult to rate at times but it isnt about pleasing tha fans w/ poetry, ur right, ppl just have to keep that in mind when they r writtin. its about bein different, and expressing whats goin on, i dont think there should b a set topic but if there is there should be others to choose from. if u challenge some1 who has more emotion than u, then u are gonna lose under normal curcustances, just some thoughts...
Old 05-09-03, 03:08 AM   #14
deacon
I Am The Light

IP: 4A0F DCC1

i only have one note to point out---

writers express feelings in all their poems but with the lack of exercise they struggle on various topics. Honestly the exercise will naturally generate a positive elevation of understanding of new possibilities. See i think of this idea as a learning center. A topic is formed and each do their best to make it come to life. They both feed off of each other as influences on what direction each writer has taken. Also go to www.XXXXXXXXX.com

there are plenty great writers that battle at that form. Poetry writers are like bands. They make music/poetry that they love and they want recognition for it. So they play a show or go to a poetry reading. Sign up for a battle of the bands or put a piece of their work in a contest. I dont find recognition being any bit wrong or missleading. I understand the point you convey and there are going to be people who dont affiliate with that particular section but then again not everyone likes chocolate cake. alright man keep lookin out. Check out some of my pieces when you get the chance you'll see where im coming from
-1-

Last edited by varentao : 05-11-03 at 07:14 AM.
Send a message via AIM to deacon   Reply With Quote