RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-06, 09:08 PM   #1
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
eminem gon start rapping again

IP: FF78 8761

The Death Of Proof Resparks Eminem's Career Back To Life

April 12, 2006 — Eminem's music is known for its brutally vivid lyrics, but even at his most volatile, nothing he's written could be as personally devastating as what he's experienced in the past week.

Just days after he filed to end the three-month remarriage to his wife, Kim, his best friend and D-12 partner Proof was shot dead at a nightclub along Detroit's Eight Mile.

Proof, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, was a teenager when he befriended the rap star — then known as Marshall Mathers — and played an incalculable role in his career.

"Proof was really the guy who got Eminem to be a rapper," Anthony Bozza, who wrote "Whatever You Say I Am," the Eminem biography, told ABC News Radio

Mathers became serious about music when he was 14 but was rejected by most fellow rappers because of his race. His friendship with Proof was one of the turning points in his career, and it was Proof's idea to form D12 — the rap group to which they both belong. They remained close friends, with Proof serving as best man at Eminem's wedding three months ago.

"He really keeps only a few close people around him, so losing one of them is going to be completely devastating to him," Bozza said.

It was only last Wednesday that Eminem's volatile relationship with wife Kim came to an end, yet again.

"There has been a breakdown in the marriage relationship to the extent that the objects of matrimony have been destroyed, and there remains no reasonable likelihood that the marriage can be preserved," according to divorce papers the rapper filed.

'I Was the Future of Hip-Hop'
It's unclear what Proof was doing at the bar. Police say an argument broke out and the 32 -year-old rapper fired first, striking Keith Bender, 35, in the head, and critically injuring him.

Investigators have not yet ascertained who fired the bullet that killed Proof, according to Detroit police spokesman Sgt. Omar Feliciano.

The club, which was operating after licensed hours, was empty when police arrived. Officers responding to a 911 call say the victims had been taken by private vehicles to St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility, where Bender was treated and Proof was pronounced dead.

In the hours after the shooting, a spot of blood was on the street in front of the tavern, and police had marked shell casings in a parking lot across the street. Later, fans created a makeshift memorial, setting stuffed animals near a telephone pole where an oversize memorial card was filled with condolences.

Eminem states he will continue on with his music for his fallen good friend Deshaun "Proof" Holton.

source: abc news

yo i knew em was gon come back knowin what type of person em was...see em is the type of person ta speak on his own problems and shit so when he got richer and started solving his problems he ran out of problems ta rap about thats why u always hear him rapping about kim and hailie and his mother and all that over and over again on each album cuz he had no more pain ta drain out and it got to the point where it wasnt even spoken from the soul anymore he was just speakin on it ta make sales and cuz he didnt know what else ta do or rap about but i knew wit proofs death and his new drug addiction and his new troubles bout kim was gonna respark his inspiration and soul inta rap so there u have it i just predicted myself that proofs death is bringin em back...and besides it kinda be wrong ta quit rap now after proof helped him get through so much shit in rap
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 09:13 PM   #2
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: BF7D 522F

Holy Shit!! Nice Find!
Old 04-14-06, 10:54 PM   #3
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: D6DE 8AA8

woohoo............. exactly wat i thought would happen..............

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 04-15-06, 04:52 PM   #4
David Lama
oh yea?

Text Record: 7-0
IP: D497 61F0

sounds tight. I think he only married kim again to get his anger back
Old 04-15-06, 05:20 PM   #5
I Am Unreal.
Light Weight

Text Record: 4-2
IP: BE99 DD29

Yeah, this article is all well and good... But where exactly does it say Mathers is going to start rapping again? ..........(mad)
Old 04-15-06, 08:45 PM   #6
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FF78 8761

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Unreal.
Yeah, this article is all well and good... But where exactly does it say Mathers is going to start rapping again? ..........(mad)

Eminem states he will continue on with his music for his fallen good friend Deshaun "Proof" Holton.

lol maybe u should take a lil more time ta read a lil
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote