RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-06, 06:39 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

IMO, here's why RV is a good place for audio heads to elevate

IP: 64CA 6C26

I'm specifically talking about either beginning audio heads to intermediate audio heads. Someone who has honed in on his style and perfected his flow would probably be better served elsewhere.

I can honestly say that I have fun with my music on RV. People don't hate on this board for the most part. Personally, when I posted on other sites, I felt almost stifled to try new things because you never knew if the feed was constructive or bull --ish. But, the moment I started doing audio on RV regularly, I began to find my flow and elevate in areas I was once weak in.

I think RV is a good site to start on. It's small enough so you won't feel lost in the mix, but it's large enough so you get many different perspectives.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-06, 06:42 PM   #2
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: A110 D25C

go to a site away from RV and i bet ur music gets owned.

ive noticed a trend, go to sites where heads are making moves with REAL lables that are known and respected, get respect for the music and the truth told, come to RV and have tha q hating because you dont jump on his dick.

haha you cant be serious u muppet.
Old 03-21-06, 06:49 PM   #3
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 423A 65FD

id rather get feed on RM
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-06, 06:52 PM   #4
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: A110 D25C

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ike.
id rather get feed on RM

exactly.........
Old 03-21-06, 06:54 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 4AD8 6573

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
go to a site away from RV and i bet ur music gets owned.

ive noticed a trend, go to sites where heads are making moves with REAL lables that are known and respected, get respect for the music and the truth told, come to RV and have tha q hating because you dont jump on his dick.

haha you cant be serious u muppet.

that's all perspective too man. Some boards don't give a shit how ill your track was or how much they connected with the lyrics if you don't have a marketable hook. Some feed will say X track sucks because it won't ever get club play, where as others will say they love that identical track BECAUSE it won't get club play since the lyrics have too much content.

The funny thing is, both are right.

Feedback should be on what this person may utilize to improve themselves at what THEY want to do, not what others feel they should do.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-06, 06:58 PM   #6
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: EEE6 2792

I like RV cuz it's a place you can post your music when you start, but then you need to go a different site so that you can grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 03-21-06, 06:58 PM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
that's all perspective too man. Some boards don't give a shit how ill your track was or how much they connected with the lyrics if you don't have a marketable hook. Some feed will say X track sucks because it won't ever get club play, where as others will say they love that identical track BECAUSE it won't get club play since the lyrics have too much content.

The funny thing is, both are right.

Feedback should be on what this person may utilize to improve themselves at what THEY want to do, not what others feel they should do.

HOMERUN Apexx...exactly...which is why once you find your groove, you know who and which feedback is most useful based on what you're trying to accomplish.

Man...someone makes sense around here

I think all rookie emcees start off the same way. They ask, "Am I gettin better?" Well, thing is, that depends on what you're trying to improve.
Old 03-21-06, 07:00 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
I like RV cuz it's a place you can post your music when you start, but then you need to go a different site so that you can grow.

See, it was different for me. I started on a smaller site and came here and grew. I'm at a point where I don't look at net heads or people I rap with for direction. But, I still see elevation possible, even if it doesn't come from moving to another site.
Old 03-21-06, 07:03 PM   #9
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: EEE6 2792

Moving to different sites gives you better perspective on styles though and also your style will become more unique. RV doesn't have a ton of audio heads, but RM has hundreds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 03-21-06, 07:07 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
Moving to different sites gives you better perspective on styles though and also your style will become more unique. RV doesn't have a ton of audio heads, but RM has hundreds.

See, that's the thing with me. I use history and legends of rap to hone in on my style. I'm not going to lie and say I haven't been influenced by net cats I've heard. But 95% of my current progress has come from self study and listening to legends of rap (Biggie, Pac, Jay, Nas, Em) etc.

P.S. I actually posted on RM regularly last year. I got good feed. But, it's tough to even get feed if you don't reply to 1000000000 other emcees.
Old 03-21-06, 07:08 PM   #11
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: FF5C 8D5B

im a good example of that elevation.............

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 03-21-06, 07:10 PM   #12
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 423A 65FD

exactly.......

i like to post on diff. sites.....

i have about 2-3 sites that i post on...full of kids who like people like 50 cent, Paul Wall, etc....real mainstream......these little sites are GREAT to get feedback on...why?...because these are your kids that are going out buying CD's every tuesday....these are the people that mainstream is targeting obviously.....SO...those kids give u feed based on your song making ability....its very good to make music that the reg. joe that doesnt know tons about rap can enjoy....id rather have all of them like me than the few in the world that actually know something about hip hop...

then of course i go to a few sites like RV....HHE....RB...etc....these people can give u deeper feed on things to improve on that those regular cats cant....so u can apply both of them together to attract a bigger audience....

then RM...in my opinion....easily has the best audio heads on the net...and they give the best feed...some of em give some beast ass feedback....BUT...the only problem with that site...is that there are so many people there...its hard to get a lot of feed....u just gotta drop feed and leave a lot of links there.....cause if your names not DZK or Nimrod...they wont just randomly click on your thread.....

and that my friend...is word
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-06, 07:36 PM   #13
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

I posted up my shit on Rap Music once..they said shit was pretty hot

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 03-21-06, 07:48 PM   #14
EastCoast
...Jea...

Text Record: 15-5
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
exactly.......

i have about 2-3 sites that i post on...full of kids who like people like 50 cent, Paul Wall, etc....real mainstream......these little sites are GREAT to get feedback on...why?...because these are your kids that are going out buying CD's every tuesday....these are the people that mainstream is targeting obviously.....SO...those kids give u feed based on your song making ability....its very good to make music that the reg. joe that doesnt know tons about rap can enjoy....id rather have all of them like me than the few in the world that actually know something about hip hop...

then of course i go to a few sites like RV....HHE....RB...etc....these people can give u deeper feed on things to improve on that those regular cats cant....so u can apply both of them together to attract a bigger audience....

then RM...in my opinion....easily has the best audio heads on the net...and they give the best feed...some of em give some beast ass feedback....BUT...the only problem with that site...is that there are so many people there...its hard to get a lot of feed....u just gotta drop feed and leave a lot of links there.....cause if your names not DZK or Nimrod...they wont just randomly click on your thread.....

exactly..........
Send a message via AIM to EastCoast Send a message via Yahoo to EastCoast   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-06, 07:53 PM   #15
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: 001E 66D2

Quote:
exactly.......

word ike.. hey fam u got any of them links to those sites that luv mainsteam music? cuz that would help alot..

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote