RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-04, 05:37 AM   #1
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

Text Record: 2-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Expanding rapbattles.com (Making it something more)

IP: CEF5 716F

Members: 19,816 | Threads: 56,762 | Posts: 511,437

Read that. That is nearly twenty thousand members. Over fifty thousand threads. And over five hundred thousand posts. By my persice calculations thats actually a dismal twenty five posts per person.

But...

When you realize that rapbattles.com has been shown to be a place to kick back and spend time, wouldn't it stand to reason that this place should be MORE than just a forum for rap battling? Hell, there are some days I don't even feel like reading poetry, yet I still manage to have something to say here in Emcee Interaction. (Shameful, yes. Truthful, also yes.)

And what I'm thinking is more than just an arcade. I'm thinking for starters, a news bulletin. All Hip-Hop and rap related articles that can be found should be posted up on the main page followed by a thread in a news forum where people can post comments and discuss things. People should be allowed to submit articles they can find from various sources and even be allowed to write articles of their own to submit. (All should of course be cleared by some sort of managing editor.)

Y'know what else I'm thinking? And this can easily be done with shoutcast.com or something and someone with a decent computer, but we should have an internet radio station. A good idea would be that it would circulate between two types of music. Either music highly preferred by members of rapbattles.com (Polls can be taken to determine such things) and have music by actual rapbattles.com artists (Be great exposure for those that don't frequent audio.) You could switch between those two every other day or something.

And fuck... a rapbattles.com comic strip wouldn't be that bad of an idea either. (Hell, if you couldn't get server space here you could always use something like keenspace.) If I could come up with scripts, I could do the comic myself. (I already had that one idea where everyone is some sort of anthropomorphic animal and it takes place in a jewish ghetto of nineteen fourtys germany and tentacle monsters run the place.)

Yes, I know I'm just babbling on and on, but somewhere within my ramblings is a semi-decent idea. The problem is something is only as good as what one puts into it. Would anyone be willing to put anything into it? I'd hate for this idea to go through and have no one appreciate it.

But... whatever. What are all of your thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rb.com 01-03.jpg (33.4 KB, 130 views)
Old 01-01-04, 05:50 AM   #2
High Class
A King Missing a Queen...

IP: 8D7B 43DF

^ LOL, im loven tha picture... LOL ^

I think you prove a good point. But what matters is if people agree or disagree with you. I come on here for music and only that. If I want articles, I will buy a magazine. That is just my perspective. But on the other side, I shouldnt have to wait my money on that. I can come here and get even more information than the magazine could give me. I feel what your saying, but im on a tie with both perspectives of it...

Sig created by "Tha Sick One..."

CRHYME SINDICATE

Open Mic Drops
-Defying The Odds-

Higher Thinking League
Record 2-0

High Class vs Tweety ( semifinals match)

Old 01-01-04, 05:53 AM   #3
Baron Mynd
Banned: Spamming

Text Record: 4-1
IP: 3354 DAC6

The news forum wouldn't take off, usually .. latest world events and stuff just get posted up in here and we reply, and i can't see anyone taking your long route around to reply to the same hiphop threads. The article's would be a cool idea, putting it into practice is an entirely different thing though. A lot of people will think it's good, but not so many will want to write for it. Comic Strip idea ive seen done at AOR .. but instead of using board member's, the base it on recent event's and go off that. Again, the idea's cool .. but putting it into practice is an entirely different thing.

Oh, and your's about Bruk kinda sucked. = /

^This is your IP bitch!
Send a message via AIM to Baron Mynd   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-04, 05:55 AM   #4
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

Text Record: 2-1
IP: CEF5 716F

I'm also thinking people should write tutorials and stuff. Like all that stuff in Wackness Emergency Center that's been written' to guide people, it should have it's own special place thats easier to get to.

But either way, it's pointless to expand if nobody wants to.

(And as for this other picture... the joke is... the parameters for the length and width of it are both four hundred and twenty pixels. Also, it's funny when it's visualized.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rb.com 03-02.jpg (33.6 KB, 123 views)
Old 01-01-04, 05:57 AM   #5
Kosta
Sand

IP: BA38 F3C5

i like your ideas .. then it could have a chance at becoming a dope site with a lot of dope things .. that'd be tizight ..

Kevin. Alex. Patrick. John.
Old 01-01-04, 05:58 AM   #6
High Class
A King Missing a Queen...

IP: 8D7B 43DF

^ Where the hell does that shit come from... Its crackin me the fuck up off my crack LoL ... Shit is funny as hell for some reason...
Drunk... nooo HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... cough ... HA ^

Sig created by "Tha Sick One..."

CRHYME SINDICATE

Open Mic Drops
-Defying The Odds-

Higher Thinking League
Record 2-0

High Class vs Tweety ( semifinals match)

Old 01-01-04, 05:58 AM   #7
ILLunatic
Eye Designs

IP: B251 10F9

LoL.....
Damn Necromancer....
You aint posted in a while
Well.... I dont think at least
And yes i agree...
We need to expand RB to bigger and better things.....

*SMH*
Almost 20,000 members

:: Eye Designs::
Taking Request for the following...

Signatures, Avatars, Album covers, & Website Banners
Send a message via AIM to ILLunatic   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-04, 06:11 AM   #8
Baron Mynd

Quote:
Originally posted by ILLunatic
LoL.....
Damn Necromancer....
You aint posted in a while
Well.... I dont think at least
And yes i agree...
We need to expand RB to bigger and better things.....

*SMH*
Almost 20,000 members

Change your avatar. That one is probably the gayest of the thug-guy series ..

^This is your IP bitch!
Old 01-01-04, 06:52 AM   #9
strobe

Text Record: 0-0
Re: Expanding rapbattles.com (Making it something more)

IP: 33DE 730C

Quote:
Originally posted by The Necromancer
Members: 19,816 | Threads: 56,762 | Posts: 511,437

Read that. That is nearly twenty thousand members. Over fifty thousand threads. And over five hundred thousand posts. By my persice calculations thats actually a dismal twenty five posts per person.

You are a day late. We had over 24k members yesterday before 4k were pruned for not knowing their email address. We'll probably end up pruning the other 4k who don't either in the next several weeks. That'll free up some database space and usernames for people who'd actually use it.
Quote:
And what I'm thinking is more than just an arcade. I'm thinking for starters, a news bulletin. All Hip-Hop and rap related articles that can be found should be posted up on the main page followed by a thread in a news forum where people can post comments and discuss things. People should be allowed to submit articles they can find from various sources and even be allowed to write articles of their own to submit. (All should of course be cleared by some sort of managing editor.)

Unless something comes up, RB v2.0 is set to start development in the next week or two (VB3 RC1 is currently planned to be released on 1/5). After we add all the battle and other hacks into VB3, we'll look into building a content management system which will allow articles and other items to be added and discussed.
Quote:
Y'know what else I'm thinking? And this can easily be done with shoutcast.com or something and someone with a decent computer, but we should have an internet radio station. A good idea would be that it would circulate between two types of music. Either music highly preferred by members of rapbattles.com (Polls can be taken to determine such things) and have music by actual rapbattles.com artists (Be great exposure for those that don't frequent audio.) You could switch between those two every other day or something.

Running a shoutcast server with lots of listeners will need a lot of bandwidth. I rather get a whole new server just for shoutcast rather than use the current server and risk a slowdown of the main site. Most likely we'd need more audio heads first... no point in spending the money if there isn't enough people to provide a good selection of songs and people actually listening. There'll be new audio features coming online in the spring/summer after the CMS is built which will hopefully attract more audio people and we'll take a look at the interest then and move on from there.
Old 01-01-04, 07:27 AM   #10
B-Kast

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 5004 6416

^wow

I think RB could be alot better, and develop alot more, its just people have to agree on what would be good and what wouldn't.
And have a commitment to get it done when its decided, necro i like your cartoons lol
Old 01-01-04, 07:33 AM   #11
Baron Mynd

Strobe .. a word of advice from one of three of RB's oldest members here: LEAVE THE BATTLE HACK OFF.

^This is your IP bitch!
Old 01-01-04, 07:47 AM   #12
B-Kast

IP: 5004 6416

which one is the battle hack???
Old 01-01-04, 07:49 AM   #13
strobe

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 33DE 730C

Quote:
Originally posted by Baron Mynd
Strobe .. a word of advice from one of three of RB's oldest members here: LEAVE THE BATTLE HACK OFF.
Reasoning? Without a reason, that would have been like me saying we pruned 4k accounts for no reason at all... just felt like doing it for fun.
Old 01-01-04, 07:56 AM   #14
C.Quip

IP: 80EF 45DD

I Agree With You All The Way Necro!
Old 01-01-04, 08:07 AM   #15
Baron Mynd

Reason being .. no one who's been here a while likes them, they encourage payback voting or voting rings, make a LOT more work for the mod's editing polls and votes that isnt neccessary. Since the battle hack was added no one has liked it. Everyone prefers the board without them, but yeah .. if you don't beleive me, make a thread with a poll and let the board show you.

^This is your IP bitch!