RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-05, 01:09 PM   #1
*Bad Newz*
got u all confused n shit

From: city of the tower of sears cowards wit tears as the hear the hip hop messiah is here
Text Record: 0-0
Da underrated Proof speaks........solo album

IP: E966 BCE8

The days of concept albums appeared to be a thing of the past. Recently, people have been concentrating on quantity over quality - and real music lovers often feel cheated when purchasing a CD. Proof, an essential ingredient of D-12 is dropping his debut and not only is it a concept album, it is packed full of tracks that attempt to conform listeners from other genres. The album’s laced with murder, tales of encouraged suicide, and names of deceased legends, Searching for Jerry Garcia, is an album that seems content in ignoring the club scene.

AllHipHop.com asks Proof on how he stays fit, his sleep habits, and a look at Proof’s sensitivity in changing one song title. “Dead Heads” can look for Jerry Garcia all day, but you’ll find D-12’s Proof kickin’ it right here with AllHipHop.

AllHipHop.com: What’s the deal Proof? You got a lot going on right now, ready to drop your debut album, the Anger Management Tour; I guess we could say you’re keeping busy…

Proof: Exactamundo! [Laughter] Yeah we just shot the video to go with “Gurls Wid Da Boom,” which was produced by the Slum Village producer. B.R. Gunna. Then of course we are doing the Anger Management Tour, where our buses can’t seem to stay on the road.

AllHipHop.com: You getting much sleep?

Proof: I’m always sleeping, that’s one thing I do make sure, that I get my sleep, man.

AllHipHop.com: Your solo project drops August 9th, how long has that been in the making?

Proof: I would say about two years. When I first started the label, it got robbed a little bit and the thing that happened was D-12. So I had to put everything aside, as it was D-12 that got me into the game and I will always pay homage to that, so the album got put to the side.

AllHipHop.com: The title of the album is Searching for Jerry Garcia, an interesting title in itself. There are numerous tracks which contain other dead rock icons, such as Kurt Kobain, the whole take on John Lennon’s Murder in the track “72 and Central,” what influence did these guys have on you?

Proof: It’s exactly that, they were icons within the music industry. The biggest things about those guys are that they were artists. Today in the industry, man, you get a lot of the artists who duplicate what is already out there. They make it like everyone is manufactured as a product; they don’t even want to be an artist no more.

AllHipHop.com: You feel that way as an artist or a fan, or as both?

Proof: Yeah, both as artist and as a fan.

AllHipHop.com: Now your album is undoubtedly a concept album, something we don’t really see a lot of nowadays.

Proof: It is most definitely a concept album. I mean everyone already knows I can rap already. I mean I wanted a concept that people could relate to and grab a hold of. I didn’t want to talk about killing everybody all the time, or bling this or that. I mean I bling…

AllHipHop.com: Yeah but you don’t need to talk about it all the time.

Proof: Yeah man, it’s so stupid.

AllHipHop.com: Your album is laced with death, dead rockers, mobsters, women being encouraged to jump out of buildings to their death. It’s very dark and pessimistic, yet still sarcasm is prevalent.

Proof: The track “Jump Biatch,” about the woman jumping off the roof was supposed to be called “Eric Clapton Junior,” but I changed it. That would have offset the girl theme and that was one of the first tracks I recorded two years ago. I thought it should go on the album as it was originally mean to be on it. I changed the name because I didn’t want to insult Eric Clapton, another legend like that, as that was his son who fell out of a window and that’s something I remember happening. It’s a druggy song and also a D-12 sort of atmosphere joints, you know just one of those crazy songs. I recorded about seventy songs for the album. It was completed 100% two years ago, then it went to only 20% and then 40% done, you know what I mean?

AllHipHop.com: You are stated as saying Jerry Garcia’s demise was due to three factors; drugs, stress and poor diet. Aren’t all these three things we could change ourselves if we wanted?

Proof: Right, exactly. You could say we control our own destiny. It’s up to us; really the thing is we don’t take ourselves seriously, exactly as we should. I mean, diet is so important.

AllHipHop.com: Yeah you see big names dropping crazy pounds.

Proof: People who go on diets are taking themselves seriously. It takes a lot of will to really go on a diet and do that; you know lose all that weight. I mean we root for Oprah when she loses her weight, its like, “Wow, look at Oprah.” It makes you feel good. A lot of people don’t really have the will power to really want to lose weight or wake up and do 30 push ups or sit ups every morning, they have no will to do it. You have to have the will to want to do this. I mean I think when you see someone else doing it, it gives you that inspiration. I mean something as simple as diet can inspire people. I bet with Missy, people love her to death because of what she has done, she will inspire people to watch their diets and I think that’s a great thing.

AllHipHop.com: Do you watch your diet?

Proof: Yeah but I drink a lot of beer, so I am always working out, trying to keep that down. So I don’t really get out of shape.

AllHipHop.com: What about your work out regime?

Proof: I do a little something when I am prepping my rhymes. I do like 30 sit ups.

AllHipHop.com: It’s said that exercise reduces stress, what you think about that?

Proof: Yeah it does. I mean people who are dieting and exercising are wanting to improve themselves. Exercise is a part of diet, so I know exercise got to reduce stress.

man i can't wait for this the best member in d12 besides Em is going to be raising hell this year
Old 08-10-05, 01:52 PM   #2
*Bad Newz*

From: city of the tower of sears cowards wit tears as the hear the hip hop messiah is here
IP: E966 BCE8

yeah don't see too many concept album deez days
Old 08-10-05, 06:11 PM   #3
Elegiac

IP: 3881 400B

I want it......
Old 08-10-05, 06:19 PM   #4
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2834 5315

too long....shoulda just bolded the important shit.....but ...i might d/l a couple songs...but probably won't get the album.
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-05, 06:34 PM   #5
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
IP: FF78 8761

I'm defitnly copping the album i just need money first
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-05, 06:39 PM   #6
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: B409 4C66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
too long....shoulda just bolded the important shit.....but ...i might d/l a couple songs...but probably won't get the album.

k-trini/macreep was big on that idea.......he also posted tons......and beefed with lots of people.....not accusing u of anything tho
Old 08-10-05, 06:40 PM   #7
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassarap
k-trini/macreep was big on that idea.......he also posted tons......and beefed with lots of people.....not accusing u of anything tho

who is k-trini/macreep.....and i have no beef with anyone....
Old 08-10-05, 06:54 PM   #8
*Bad Newz*

IP: F268 A11D

yea ithis is going to be underrated
Old 08-10-05, 10:44 PM   #9
Thassarap
.The Movement.

IP: F758 A55D

Quote:
who is k-trini/macreep.....and i have no beef with anyone....

u could just list trinidad as your location like u did for macreep...
i wasnt sure if u really were k-trini until that post, which made it obvious

explain this:
1. macreep stops posting on 8/5/05, natural killa joins on the same date
2. natural killa has started a few threads in the beef section ("i have no beef with anyone" lol), and is active in that section. but somehow he never noticed that half of the threads in the forum are either posted by macreep or directed at macreep

big coincidence, k-trini
Old 08-10-05, 11:02 PM   #10
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
u could just list trinidad as your location like u did for macreep...
i wasnt sure if u really were k-trini until that post, which made it obvious

explain this:
1. macreep stops posting on 8/5/05, natural killa joins on the same date
2. natural killa has started a few threads in the beef section ("i have no beef with anyone" lol), and is active in that section. but somehow he never noticed that half of the threads in the forum are either posted by macreep or directed at macreep

big coincidence, k-trini

Ok nigga....lemme start

stops postin on 8/5....and i join?...so wat?...
And in Beef forums
I started one thread which was a joke between me and princess14,efecx,and skriptz.AND...the other posts in that forum are directed on john cena...another joke.
And if this K-trini/Macreep dude is another member,...how about *gasp*...check IP's!?!?!?..

Gimme a link to a thread where this guy posts and I'll post in it.....so u can check Ips....then it'll settle this bullshit....
and I'm from NY.....not trinidad.....I ain't no coolie nigga....
Old 08-10-05, 11:11 PM   #11
noname
Coming to Kill you All

http://community.rapverse.com/showt...d=1#post2359087

^^here ya go....nigga got different Ip than me.....now close ya mouth Thassarrap(wtf kinda name is that)
Old 08-11-05, 01:34 AM   #12
MetEoR-K
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 54D8 13FA

I got this album yesterday. It's definately different than most of todays music, but it's still bad ass.

The most surprising thing about listening to this album, was my friend as with me (He doesn't listen to any rap, he hates it basicallY) he was really feeling it (Because he knows the artist Kurt Kobain, Jerry Garcia, John Lennen, etc, which are mentioned. Then he actually turned my stereo up, and then asked me to burn the CD for him haha.... although my cd burner don't work so he said he's just going to buy it. I was like "Whoa..."

But yeah, most songs, even though they aren't all crunky-bling blingin'- whatever the hell todays popular shit is, it's still bad ass album, can't stop listening to it... beats... stuck.... in....my.....head.....

I always knew Proof wouldn't let me down.
Old 08-11-05, 06:31 AM   #13
Ridicule
The Young Prophet

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 742C 7013

He should have brought one out before that fat twat Bizzare
Old 08-11-05, 09:29 AM   #14
Thassarap
.The Movement.

IP: 9623 658A

Quote:
Ok nigga....lemme start

stops postin on 8/5....and i join?...so wat?...
And in Beef forums
I started one thread which was a joke between me and princess14,efecx,and skriptz.AND...the other posts in that forum are directed on john cena...another joke.
And if this K-trini/Macreep dude is another member,...how about *gasp*...check IP's!?!?!?..

Gimme a link to a thread where this guy posts and I'll post in it.....so u can check Ips....then it'll settle this bullshit....
and I'm from NY.....not trinidad.....I ain't no coolie nigga....

u might not be, but u gotta do somethin better to prove it

one of macreep's last posts is:
http://community.rapverse.com/showp...471&postcount=4
for those of u who didnt bother clickin the link it says sonethin like: please tell me how to change my IP..........and if u were k-trini u would be from NY...........w/e, i'll don't care if u are k-trini, as long as u arent a bitch this time.......
Old 08-11-05, 12:02 PM   #15
noname
Coming to Kill you All

IP: 9D5A BF38

Quote:
u might not be, but u gotta do somethin better to prove it

one of macreep's last posts is:
http://community.rapverse.com/showp...471&postcount=4
for those of u who didnt bother clickin the link it says sonethin like: please tell me how to change my IP..........and if u were k-trini u would be from NY...........w/e, i'll don't care if u are k-trini, as long as u arent a bitch this time.......

Lmao....nigga....you want more proof...compare our battles...