RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-06, 07:25 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Overhauling the Audio forum?

IP: FC30 7384

Yeah, I was looking at it and a lot of the forums (short of Songs of course) are completely cockeyed. Audio Talk is full of people looking for collabs and Audio Help is littered with questions about who's got what samples and people offering their first beats for feedback and what not.

What if Audio Help became more of a Q & A forum where someone can ask a question about their tracks, tuning, sound quality, hardware, software, etc and get some responses from someone who knows what's up. Imagine asking "how do I get this hiss out of my track" and actually getting a usable response! Or "how do I make my vocals clearer" and getting multiple responses that actually help! "Which mic should I get", "Which program should I use" and things like that.

I think users will get more out of it, and..actually USE IT!! The audio forum is one of the main hubs for activity on RV, might as well groom it and maintain it as such.

A producers corner like this would help as well if someone knowledgable were willing to overlook it.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 07:26 PM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Yeah, I was looking at it and a lot of the forums (short of Songs of course) are completely cockeyed. Audio Talk is full of people looking for collabs and Audio Help is littered with questions about who's got what samples and people offering their first beats for feedback and what not.

What if Audio Help became more of a Q & A forum where someone can ask a question about their tracks, tuning, sound quality, hardware, software, etc and get some responses from someone who knows what's up. Imagine asking "how do I get this hiss out of my track" and actually getting a usable response! Or "how do I make my vocals clearer" and getting multiple responses that actually help! "Which mic should I get", "Which program should I use" and things like that.

I think users will get more out of it, and..actually USE IT!! The audio forum is one of the main hubs for activity on RV, might as well groom it and maintain it as such.

A producers corner like this would help as well if someone knowledgable were willing to overlook it.

Dawg, someone other than me and you should be allowed to participate.

geesh

lol
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 07:28 PM   #3
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5866 6A87

yea, that's what Audio help was meant for I think, but nobody actually uses it for that. So would be dope idea tho. you or whoever else knows a lot about all the audio shit and who'd keep it active should mod it. And it would really improve RV. would be nice

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 07:29 PM   #4
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 3C04 7CCA

agreed. I'd be willing to help with the production stuff as I think I'm the only one who tries to answer production questions. I hope my beat-making tutorial will solve alot of those questions, but beyond that I'd help out. word.

edit* - suggested mods (for obvious reasons)

audio
Dooms - he knows his SHIT. period.
Enygma - dudes already in there lol
Ike maybe? - He has pretty good quality, and good activity.

production
Me
Speats - knows a fair bit too if he wants to help.

Same Page Productions

Last edited by Phenom-in-all : 03-19-06 at 07:38 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 07:30 PM   #5
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: ED8C 5E24

I actually try to respond to every question that pops up in the Audio Assistance section......some of the shit I have no clue about though....
Old 03-19-06, 07:31 PM   #6
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 1402 E70B

Ya, I would offer to help but I'm still learning. If you need a mod I'll help out, but ya. We do need to clean up the audio forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 03-19-06, 07:33 PM   #7
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: FF5C 8D5B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.

geesh

lol

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 03-19-06, 07:46 PM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
I actually try to respond to every question that pops up in the Audio Assistance section......some of the shit I have no clue about though....

Man, you're only human lol. Dont' be so hard on your self.

Quote:

geesh

lol

lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL™
yea, that's what Audio help was meant for I think, but nobody actually uses it for that. So would be dope idea tho. you or whoever else knows a lot about all the audio shit and who'd keep it active should mod it. And it would really improve RV. would be nice

yeah I'd be down to be a question whore. Wouldn't be the first time lol. OR the last : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all
agreed. I'd be willing to help with the production stuff as I think I'm the only one who tries to answer production questions. I hope my beat-making tutorial will solve alot of those questions, but beyond that I'd help out. word.

edit* - suggested mods (for obvious reasons)

audio
Dooms - he knows his SHIT. period.
Enygma - dudes already in there lol
Ike maybe? - He has pretty good quality, and good activity.

production
Me
Speats - knows a fair bit too if he wants to help.

hmmm. Not a bad list. I really feel that two 2-person squads is more than adequate, and in some cases 1. But that's just my opinion.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 07:50 PM   #9
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Quote:
hmmm. Not a bad list. I really feel that two 2-person squads is more than adequate, and in some cases 1. But that's just my opinion.

I was jus tryin to give a list for cats to vote on, but knowledge wise i'd have to honestly say you and me. 1) we're both already proven mods for activity, etc 2) (most importantly) we're both already proven as far as audio/production knowledge.

But I mean - anyone can always throw in their two cents in a thread. word.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 07:55 PM   #10
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
I was jus tryin to give a list for cats to vote on, but knowledge wise i'd have to honestly say you and me. 1) we're both already proven mods for activity, etc 2) (most importantly) we're both already proven as far as audio/production knowledge.

But I mean - anyone can always throw in their two cents in a thread. word.

good point.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-19-06, 07:58 PM   #11
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Quote:
good point.

ummm...So, what exactly is the point of this if it returns to "anyone can throw in their two cents"? I know that I help mad cats with audio editing and various other audio related topics on this site. But, that's mostly through AIM. I rarely go in the audio assistance forum. If you go in there and see a need, address it. Otherwise, I don't see the need for an overhaul. The forum should be self running, almost like "call outs" or "beef" forums.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 08:03 PM   #12
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

personally, I think the audio forum should be at the top of the page right under introductions... But thats jus me. word.

Same Page Productions
Old 03-19-06, 08:03 PM   #13
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 2372 BC06

Quote:

I'm with you on that Apexx, I don't really care about my quality cuz it's at a point where I'm fine with it for now. But by June I'll be askin for help when I get my new mic.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 08:09 PM   #14
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: ED8C 5E24

Ok....I just cleaned out the Audio Assistance forum and posted some new rules. If you want to post in there, please read the rules first, or you might find your thread getting closed

Quote:
personally, I think the audio forum should be at the top of the page right under introductions... But thats jus me. word.

Strobe won't do this because he wanted this site to be more of a chat site that had a hip hop related theme behind it rather than it be more like RB. But I like the suggestion.....maybe you should ask him
Old 03-19-06, 08:13 PM   #15
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
ummm...So, what exactly is the point of this if it returns to "anyone can throw in their two cents"? I know that I help mad cats with audio editing and various other audio related topics on this site. But, that's mostly through AIM. I rarely go in the audio assistance forum. If you go in there and see a need, address it. Otherwise, I don't see the need for an overhaul. The forum should be self running, almost like "call outs" or "beef" forums.

"beef" is self running because no mod is gonna police a forum called "beef". That's pointless. "call outs" are used specifically for what it was designed for - call-outs. However Audio Assistance is used for shit completely irrelevant to Audio OR assistance...such as....call outs!! It didn't work the way it was, why would it be any different in the future doing more of the same thing?

A re-defined meaning and purpose of the forums is the difference between a strong and healthy asset to the board and more importantly, its members vs the off-topic and dying forums in place now that's helping approximately no one. Redefined purpose, the knowledge to execute, and the ability to see it through is the same thing that turned the 5-songs-a-week songs forum into a 10-songs-a-day songs forum. Need I say more?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.