RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-06, 01:55 AM   #1
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

Skateboarding

IP: A9AB A3B2

Who here skateboards? I'm tryin to get into it, but I need some help picking a deck. I'm a big dude so what kind of board should I get? I was thinking an 8 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 08-18-06, 02:07 AM   #2
SerB
....S.....

IP: 329A 17E6

get a car.

skaters are losers.
Old 08-18-06, 02:11 AM   #3
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

Coming from a man nobody likes. Anyway if you got friends that skate try theirs. If it's comfortable get something like it.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-06, 10:30 AM   #4
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

Co-signed with that LFS cat.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 08-18-06, 10:41 AM   #5
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: A9AB A3B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbness
get a car.

skaters are losers.

No, people who pay $3/ gallon are losers. I'm sick of feeding the greed of the oil companies who over charge us, we don't need gas we just have become lazy.

Bikes and other forms of transportation with save us, physically and enviromentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 08-18-06, 01:45 PM   #6
Kriptic
Middle Weight

IP: 2F55 6DD1

serb's a fagget....

get a birdhouse man..there usually bigger..the widder ones are really solid.... what ever u do dont get an element. lol there light and willl brake on ya

SKM

NOK

New SoundClick- Check it out

Old 08-18-06, 02:24 PM   #7
blckout20
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3843 597C

It depends on what you're looking for. For doing tricks and some light skating around then really any shortboard would work. As far as decks go I don't have much of a preference, I try and really just go with something with style because really the deck doesn't make a big difference for the board. If you're going to do some cruising which is what I'm more into look into getting a long board. Right now I'm riding a Pocket Pistol Ditch Killer 44" and I love it, best board I've rode in a long time. I'd also look into a Sector 9 Luke Nosewalker or an Arbor Pin, they're the only longboards I've consistantly riden. But yea, longboarding is a good way to chill and cruise around on.
Old 08-18-06, 04:34 PM   #8
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptic
serb's a fagget....

get a birdhouse man..there usually bigger..the widder ones are really solid.... what ever u do dont get an element. lol there light and willl brake on ya

A) You can get most of all skateboards wide. Not just birdhouse. You can choose length, width, concave and all that.
B) Element are light but only easy to break if you land wrong. Land on the bolts and it lasts you a while.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 08-18-06, 06:27 PM   #9
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 2372 BC06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane
No, people who pay $3/ gallon are losers. I'm sick of feeding the greed of the oil companies who over charge us, we don't need gas we just have become lazy.

Bikes and other forms of transportation with save us, physically and enviromentally.

that's very true lol. I used to skate. I don't know just get the biggest sized skates they sell at the shop. Unless you don't want a trick style board.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-06, 06:45 PM   #10
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
A) You can get most of all skateboards wide. Not just birdhouse. You can choose length, width, concave and all that.
B) Element are light but only easy to break if you land wrong. Land on the bolts and it lasts you a while.

Co-signed with that Kirk dude. Though I'd ridin an Almost right now. Thosestars are sexy man.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-06, 06:59 PM   #11
Kriptic
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk

nah man...birhouses are think...their sterdy.... element ssuck...there way to light and brake easy..so if hes a big kid... dont get it. flips are right int he middle.... ive been skating since 6th grade man.... dont tell me about skateboards haha

SKM

NOK

Old 08-18-06, 07:19 PM   #12
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptic
nah man...birhouses are think...their sterdy.... element ssuck...there way to light and brake easy..so if hes a big kid... dont get it. flips are right int he middle.... ive been skating since 6th grade man.... dont tell me about skateboards haha

Birdhouses are 'thicker' as you say because it'sslightly easier to handle doing Vert, the style that majority of B-House are attuned to, as well as Tony himself. Elements aren't 'lighter', just made slightlydifferent and with a lighter wood if I rememberright, more attuned for Street and Park skating. He could still very easily get an Element, itmore depends on what he plans to do while skating, if he's casuallyriding itdoesn't matterhow light the board is as all he'd be doing is riding around. But if he were to be learning tricks, Street most likely I'd still wouldn'tadvise the Elemnt as they are made for more advanced skaters (Because if you fuck up too much it will break), but it'd still be better than a B-House mostlikely. And as Kirk said You can in most cases get a board to your specification, and even in a shop they have different sizes, concaves and widths in the same graphic...at least good stores. I order thru CCS, so I get mine their default size...it fits me. I'd advise maybe going to www.ccs.com and checking them out. (To Sane).

P.S. I've been skating for going on 11 years. Test me...and Kirk skates probably more than I do. We know our shit,
Old 08-18-06, 07:26 PM   #13
Kriptic
Middle Weight

hahaha. getting all technical and shit...you sound like a fagget..... buy a bird house if ur lookin for a heavier sterdy board 'sane',, but if u want it lighter & easily brakeable...but an element....

SKM

NOK

Old 08-18-06, 07:31 PM   #14
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

So I sound like a faggot because I actually proved your point and made a counter point. As far asI know that's called an 'intelligent discussion'. But to hell if I know anything.
Old 08-18-06, 07:35 PM   #15
Kriptic
Middle Weight

nah man...there no reason to try to get technical....kids wants a good sterdy board because hes a big kid...he dont need a fuckign essay ont he wood struture of the board....

tell him to buy a bridhouse, and keep moving.... who trys to prove a point over a skateboard..

sane man get a birdhouse...you'll be good with that

SKM

NOK