RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-05, 01:51 PM   #1
NewKid
Home Of Philly

read dis shit if u signed up 2 surfjunky.com

IP: 6258 5D0D

Surfjunky.com Scam

What is surfjunky.com?
Simply, Surf Junky is a website which pays members to visit other web sites through their “surf bar”. The user is required to visit the page for 30 seconds before being forwarded to another paid page. Surf Junky claims they will pay between $0.45 and $0.75 cents per hour of surfing.

How is it a scam?

Simply put, you are supposed to get paid to surf. Surfjunky.com however does not and will never pay you. So to reach their minimum $25 payout, you need to surf for 55.5 hours. You work for almost 56 hours and get paid nothing. If this is not a scam I don’t know what is.

How do you know it is a scam?

Well first off the mathematics behind the site are simply impossible. The site charges advertisers using the following pay schedule:

* 100,000 Visitors - $29.95
* 250,000 Visitors - $59.95
* 500,000 Visitors - $99.95
* 1,000,000 Visitors - $189.95

These are the ACTUAL rates obtained from the surfjunky.com website
http://www.surfjunky.com/advertising/index.php

Let’s just start with the minimum amount of 100,000 visits for about $30.00. So that means an advertiser is paying approximately $0.0003 per visit... right? ($30/100 000)

Now a member of surfjunky.com gets paid $0.45 per hour of surfing. The member can surf a maximum of 120 pages per hour (Each page must be viewed for 30 seconds, no multiple windows are allowed. So that is 2 pages per minute, 60 minutes per hour, which equals 120 visits per hour MAX)

Are you still following? Good!

Now go back to our advertising rate of $0.0003 per visit. Multiply this by 120 visits. That means that for 120 visits to his/her website a webmaster is paying ONLY $0.036.

So the advertiser is paying $0.036, or just under four cents, for every 120 visitors to his/her website. However, surfjunky.com is suppose to be paying its members $0.45, or 45 cents, per 120 pages visited.

That means either, 1) surfjunky.com is the worst business in the world and is planning on taking a loss $0.414 or 1250% for every hour a visitor surfs or 2) surfjunky.com is a scam site that never intends on paying its users.

To further amplify this loss consider this. Once a user reaches the minimum $25 payout, surfjunky.com has only made $1.99 from that user (they make $0.036 per hour times 55.5 hours to reach payout of $25). So surfjunky.com is actually taking a loss of $23.01 per payout.

So with a loss of $23 per user. Multiplied by approximately 500,000 registered users at last count, surfjunky.com will be recording a loss of $11,500,000 once members reach payout.

Now I don’t want to seem to be over exaggerating because it hurts my credibility. So let’s assume only 1 in 10... no 1 in 100... no wait 1 in 1000 users actually make it to payout without cheating, getting bored and stopping, etc. The company will still be taking a loss of $15,000 each payout cycle. That is a loss of $15,000 EACH and EVERY month!

So even if surfjunky.com fully intends on paying all users, and does not want to be a scam, the fact of the matter is paying them is impossible! It just won’t happen! They will go bankrupt before 1 payout is made

More Scam Proof

The following websites go into detail about the surfjunky.com scam, including who may be behind it, previous scams pulled by the same individual, etc.

http://merkey.net/surfjunky/

http://blindecho.net/surfjunky/

Further information about this scam will be posted as updates become avaiable

Help Shut Surfjunky.com Down

One of the best ways to shut surfjunky.com down is by going directly to the domains registrar. First report them for using false contact information (Phone number 555-555-5555 is fake). Also consider reporting them for running an illegal site. You can also try and contact their ISP or web host as well and try and get them shut down as well.
Send a message via AIM to NewKid   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 03:08 PM   #2
.OriGiNiLL.
Flyweight

IP: 644D A0A6

Hahahahhaahahahahahahaha

My friend wanted me to sign-up .... =[

55.5 hOurs for 25$?

[-L-]yrikal [-S-]aigonZ
''Family Krew''

''We Will Merk You"
Old 04-16-05, 03:42 PM   #3
Grave Digger
R.I.P

IP: 3CAE 6243

I'd do it for 100$ an hour
Old 04-16-05, 06:16 PM   #4
NewKid
Home Of Philly

IP: 6258 5D0D

^^ nigga stop lyin u dont make shit on durr
Send a message via AIM to NewKid   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 06:24 PM   #5
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 3B27 2020

^^^^^ one other thing i realized is u get a certain percentage of the money the people u refer make....... which means the first person to ever sign up (most likely the one running the site) is making more than 50% of this supposed money if not MORE

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 04-16-05, 06:59 PM   #6
.OriGiNiLL.
Flyweight

IP: 644D A0A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkid
^^ nigga stop lyin u dont make shit on durr

He said I'D short for I WOULD....Not I......*shakes head*

[-L-]yrikal [-S-]aigonZ
''Family Krew''

''We Will Merk You"