RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-05, 02:55 AM   #1
The Militant
www.militantmusic.com

Eminem In Rehab

IP: 9BE1 4F82

I got this from Eonline.com

Two days after deep-sixing his European tour citing "exhaustion," Eminem has confirmed through his publicist that he is in drug rehabilitation.

The Grammy-winning rapper "is in the hospital under doctors' care," Interscope Records spokesman Dennis Dennehy said in a brief statement Thursday. "He is being treated for dependency on sleep medication."

No further details were released. However, Star magazine reported that the rapper, accompanined by two bodyguards, had checked in to a facility in his native Michigan on Tuesday.

That was the same day Dennehy released a statement announcing the cancellation of the 10-date European leg of the rapper's Anger Management 3 tour. At the time, Dennehy would only say the 32-year-old performer nixed the trip due to "exhaustion, complicated by other medical issues" and that he was being treated for the undisclosed maladies.

Eminem has rapped about the wonders of LSD, has reportedly popped Ecstasy and even sports a Vicodin tattoo on his left arm, but he had claimed to have reformed his bad-boy lifestyle over the past few years.

His European sojourn was set to kick off Sept. 1 in Hamburg and wrap Sept. 17 in Dublin. The dates won't likely be rescheduled.

Eminem had finished the U.S. run of the tour, which also featured 50 Cent, Lil Jon and members of the G-Unit crew, Aug. 13 in his hometown of Detroit.

The trek had been marred by a major bus accident en route to Denver July 13, in which several members of the tour, including Eminem's deejay, were hospitalized.

News of Eminem's rehab stint comes amid some other trouble for the rapper. After having weathered salvos from his mother, grandmother and ex-wife, Eminem now faces a lawsuit from his aunt and uncle, Betty and Jack Schmitt, who claim he is trying to evict them from a house he had built for them and renegged on a promise to pay them a yearly stipend of $100,000. In their suit filed Aug. 12 in Michigan's Macomb County Court, the couple are seeking $350,000 in cash and ownership of the property, according to documents posted at the Smoking Gun.

In July, the Detroit Free Press reported the rapper otherwise known as Marshall Mathers III would be retiring from recording and performing following the European tour and instead focus on producing other artists.

But Mathers angrily dismissed the report, telling MTV.com, "When I say I'm taking a break, I'm taking a break from my music to go in the studio and produce my other artists and put their albums out.

"When I know my next move, I'll tell everyone my next move."

If indeed he retires, he will go out as the best selling hip-hop artist of all time. His four solo studio albums--1999's The Slim Shady LP, 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP, 2002's The Eminem Show and Encore--have moved more than 25 million copies in the U.S. alone and generated sales of more than $1 billion.

He's also won nine Grammys to go along with his Best Song Oscar for the 8 Mile track "Lose Yourself."

As an A&R man for his Shady Records, he guided 50 Cent's monster-selling debut release, Get Rich or Die Tryin', and has shepherded releases for his G-Unit posse and his Detroit rap crew D12.
Old 08-19-05, 03:21 AM   #2
L.E
L.E

IP: DB16 D9CD

Hmm....I read about this today...but are you sure he's in rehab..?
Old 08-19-05, 03:22 AM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Shit thats messed up. Now back to looking at your sig.
Old 08-19-05, 03:24 AM   #4
L.E
L.E

IP: DB16 D9CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...1ndeph...
Shit thats messed up. Now back to looking at your sig.

Haha...

Pervert...
Old 08-19-05, 08:39 AM   #5
B-MAC
vanquising Mc's Daily

IP: 8191 8B5F

his not in Rehab... LOL... His Just in the Hospitial....

[
Old 08-19-05, 12:10 PM   #6
ILL!
Yes I'm ILL

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4B1D FBA2

i heard he was in the hospital not rehab lol..but iuno..shit i read that whole thing...wtf at everyone of his family trying to sue him lol

U ndestructable Emcees
trigga town inc
Send a message via AIM to ILL!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 02:00 PM   #8
Willa
Bann The Deed NOT The Breed

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: ABAF E236

they wont get anything if he built the house its his he doesnt have to let anyone stay in it for free lmao they need to cgrow up and support themselves
but i think this is fake

O.Y.D.
Old 08-19-05, 05:22 PM   #9
Willa
Bann The Deed NOT The Breed

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: BEF2 3A70

wow at this being tru thats sad:/ oh well he works hard

O.Y.D.
Old 08-21-05, 12:49 AM   #11
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 3B27 2020

Eminem now faces a lawsuit from his aunt and uncle, Betty and Jack Schmitt, who claim he is trying to evict them from a house he had built for them and renegged on a promise to pay them a yearly stipend of $100,000. In their suit filed Aug. 12 in Michigan's Macomb County Court, the couple are seeking $350,000 in cash and ownership of the property, according to documents posted at the Smoking Gun.

stupidest lawsuit i have ever heard of....... he built the fuckin house..... and he sed he would do them a FAVOR and also pay them some money every year.... just cuz u pissed him off (or w/e the case) and now he doesnt feel like givin u the money u did nothin to earn (besides bein related to him) doesnt mean u can sue him

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 08-21-05, 12:51 AM   #12
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 9092 4066

who

the

fuck

CARES!!!!!

normally i just wouldnt post, but the whole fuckin HHL is like the Eminem d/r club....

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 08-21-05, 01:06 AM   #13
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

I respect crack heads, unless thay have made a song called just loose it.
Old 08-21-05, 01:07 AM   #14
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 8DB8 BE0A

I feel bad for him, but he wanted to be big so ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.