RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-03, 10:51 PM   #1
~RaPiDfIrE~
Light Weight

Some underground heads you should peep

IP: CB38 DF07

I just feel like supporting some underground emcees that I listen to...

1. Tech N9ne....if you've never heard this guy rap, do yourself a favor and cop one of his albums (or wait for the new one n get it)...Tech is the ONLY emcee I've ever heard that has NOTHING wrong with his shit...in my eyes he's the yardstick that measures and emcees skill, yet hardly anybody listens to his shit...I got both of his last 2 albums, which are the only 2 that are easy to find, n they are both FIRE...Absolute Power (his newest) is a cd/dvd combo, n almost every one of the songs (I think there's 20 tracks) kickass...Anghellic (the one before that) is just as good, only it's more deep...so if your more into the emotional side of hiphop u'd like it more....they both have deep tracks though, and they both have party tracks..I advise EVERYONE to peep his shit..even if you don't buy the albums, d.l some tracks off kazaa...

2. Esham...if you've never listened to Esham you're missing out on a lot...13 years ago in Detroit, Esham made his first album (at 13 years old too) called "Boomin' Words From Hell"....after this album the only 2 names in Detroit hiphop were Kid Rock and Esham...that album started alot...it began the "horrorcore" genre...(don't believe that shit on MTV about the "gravediggaz" or whatever it was that defjam had..they were bitin Esham' nuts on that) Esham over the years strayed away from the horrorcore shit and started doing more universal hiphop....his newest album "Repentence" is one of the best albums I own (only ones better I think are my Tech N9ne albums and a cd from Esham's group, Natas)...Repentence has everything...a touch of hardcore rap, a few commercial style songs, a few really lyrical tracks, and even a phat ass track with Bone Thugs n Harmony....

but the main thing you should know about Esham is that every time you hear Eminem talk about killing someone in a violent way, you're hearing something inspired by Esham...every time you hear ANY detroit rapper, you're hearing something Esham inspired...whether or not they admit it (Eminem has admitted it...now he's in beef w/ Esham....) Anyway you should cop his new album Repentance...it's pretty fuckin dope, it has somethin for everyone...

3. Brotha Lynch Hung....I don't have much to say about BLH...I bought his new album "Lynch by Inch: Suicide Note" and the main thing I can say is, it DAMN sure is worth the 17 bucks I spent on it...it's a 2 cd album, and it also includes a dvd...not only that but the album is the shit....he has a really dark style but it's closer to an Eminem style than a Rob Zombie lol....it's fucking worth peeping though...he's a pretty dope emcee...

and if you don't feel like buying any albums, or looking at any of those emcees..BITE ME lol...j/k..but you should definately download this song "the anthem" it features a shitload of rappers...and they're all good...some of the people include Tech N9ne, Eminem, Chino XL, Kool G Rap, and KRS one....it's a few years old but a lot of people haven't heard it..if you haven't heard that song u MUST peep it...

ok enough of my wisdom...

peace
Old 12-23-03, 11:11 PM   #2
DEL the funkee

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3C7D 2F02

Wow

I dont like any of those people.
Old 12-23-03, 11:17 PM   #3
~RaPiDfIrE~
Light Weight

IP: CB38 DF07

^ wow...lol

have you listened to all of them? I doubt it...not calling you a hater but I doubt u've seriously listened to them and not liked them...unless ur not a fan of hiphop at all...(or a fan of really gay hippop ja rule/nelly shit...)
Old 12-23-03, 11:24 PM   #4
N-Demik

IP: 65E8 9804

Nope...DEL is an underground junkie and so am I..and I agree with him..LOL
Old 12-23-03, 11:24 PM   #5
DEL the funkee

IP: 3C7D 2F02

I've listened to a few of the artists. Not religiously or anything, just peeped a few tracks, I can generally tell If i will like somthing or not.

I apprieciate you typing that up though, Im just not a whole lot interested....
Old 12-23-03, 11:40 PM   #6
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: 57A3 0CC8

Damn! I suprised somebody outside of Detroit knows about Esham....I digs Brothy Lynch, but I see you on the more darker morbid shit, I can;'t deal with all that satanic shit all the time......You need to peep out King Gordy then, he;s right up your alley

Bang On The Table Productions
Old 12-24-03, 01:23 AM   #7
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

Yep.....don't like any of them either......
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-03, 05:27 AM   #8
wogzta

IP: 5C4B 9DFC

Tech and Esham are decent, I dont really like them. Havent listened to any Brotha Lynch.
Old 12-24-03, 06:18 AM   #9
Mental God

IP: F36A FECD

I Love Tech, He IS One Of The Dopest Lyricists Ever.

Who Can Flow Like Him?

And Brotha Lynch Is Dope Too.
Old 12-24-03, 02:33 PM   #10
High-Ku

IP: EBC6 0BE2

I always say there's a difference between not having massive album sales because you're underground and not moving numbers because you suck. I'll leave it to yall to decide which side of the fence those 3 fall on.

P.S.-it's the suck side...
Old 12-24-03, 04:32 PM   #11
tasty shakes

IP: 399E F0FD

brotha lynch is iight...he has some dark beats but they need to be more perfected like scarface beats, you could feel'em betta
esham be rhymin some off tha wall shit...mail dominance was
crazy, you can barely find his old shit where i'm from
Old 12-24-03, 04:43 PM   #12
High Class
A King Missing a Queen...

IP: 8D7B 43DF

If anyone has ever heard " The United Thugz "
They ill as hell, not really into gangsta rap much anymore.
But they rep it real well, there last CD was hot..
Tech is good, But im not ganna DR him like some people
up there ^

Sig created by "Tha Sick One..."

CRHYME SINDICATE

Open Mic Drops
-Defying The Odds-

Higher Thinking League
Record 2-0

High Class vs Tweety ( semifinals match)

Old 12-24-03, 05:26 PM   #13
Bio*Chemist
Sane Scientist

IP: 8874 49B5

"I digs Brothy Lynch, but I see you on the more darker morbid shit"
D-Dizzle...

Yes That's Rapid Fire For You....Morbid ish....lol
Send a message via MSN to Bio*Chemist   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-03, 05:32 PM   #14
C-Section

IP: 872B E5DF

all of them are wack.

fuck rapping about eating babys. i listened to brother lynch when i was yonug and didnt know anybetter, but now him and esham are garbage.

why would you want to listen to people rap about shit they have never done?
Old 12-24-03, 05:36 PM   #15
Dez

IP: A3E2 84C8

^Word.