RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-06, 05:06 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Can Ox or MF Doom?

IP: 4AD8 6573

Better underground entity?

Cannibal Ox: El-P produces, so does RJD2. 2 dudes from harlem that have battled damn near everyone and have been in the game for decades. Matter fact, Vast Aire is one of the first emcee to merk Eminem in a battle. They're arguably a pillar of the underground. Respected by everybody, and have done tracks with Wu on the Think Differently album.

VS.

MF: produces his own shit, did tracks with everybody from Nas (on that Nastradoomus album), Danger Mouse, to Ghostface, to De La Soul, El-P and Ace-rock, and has a track on the Think Differently album with Rza.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-06, 07:50 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 586B 2294

Respect both of em..

But I dont really listen to either very often...... I'd prolly go to cannibal ox.. MF Dooms sometimes sounds like hes half asleep on tracks..... But then I've heard some Can-ox tracks that sound ....over-produced...

Iunno man.. Its a pretty even bout IMO.....
*shrugs*
Old 03-22-06, 11:42 AM   #3
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 50F6 E85C

would have to hear dudes go at it

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-06, 03:32 PM   #4
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Respect both of em..

But I dont really listen to either very often...... I'd prolly go to cannibal ox.. MF Dooms sometimes sounds like hes half asleep on tracks..... But then I've heard some Can-ox tracks that sound ....over-produced...

Iunno man.. Its a pretty even bout IMO.....
*shrugs*

haha yeh that's the same situation I was in. was hoping somene could bring up some points that I could be like "yeah, true!" and decide, but hell, now thta I hink about it, why choose? lol. I like em both for their own reasons, so why choose and leave my self with 1, whne I can be happy with 2.

Woid.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-06, 04:37 PM   #5
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: DD80 C79E

The Dangerdoom album brought a fucking tidal wave of Doom to my life. Because I already knew and had heard quite a bit of his shit, but when he dropped that album with Danger Mouse, all my friends hopped on board. And even though I enjoy his music quite a bit, I'm getting pretty tired of hearing nothing but MF Doom whenever I hang out with my friends.

I like Can Ox too though.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 03-22-06, 04:51 PM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th
The Dangerdoom album brought a fucking tidal wave of Doom to my life. Because I already knew and had heard quite a bit of his shit, but when he dropped that album with Danger Mouse, all my friends hopped on board. And even though I enjoy his music quite a bit, I'm getting pretty tired of hearing nothing but MF Doom whenever I hang out with my friends.

I like Can Ox too though.

^^that's ironic because I never even head of Danger Mouse before the dangerdoom album short of the Danger Mouse cartoon character I loved when I was 6. Also as far as I know, I'm the only person in my circle that's even heard of or can name an MF doom track lol.

Now that I really think about it, I only heard MF Doom's music after a few people here and there were like "you got Doomsday from MF Doom" I'm like wtf are they smokin?? Dismissed it as them jumping to conclusions but later DLed some mp3's and liked em and have been collecting em ever since. Dude's definitely nice, but like any artist, you'll eventually get tired if that's all you hear.

Man, it's strange how listening to hip hop like this makes it so hard to listen to the mainstream stuff and like it. It feels like this is what the core of real hip hop evolved into. It just sounds liek the future of the original.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-22-06, 06:11 PM   #7
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: DD80 C79E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
^^that's ironic because I never even head of Danger Mouse before the dangerdoom album

Yeah, I know a lot of people who liked The Grey Album but didn't know who produced it. He's done some pretty good work with Jemini also.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 03-22-06, 06:56 PM   #8
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: FF5C 8D5B

dont know who can ox is........ MF DOOM sounds real dumb on some of his tracks thooooooooo

dont listen to him that much tho

...The real Renegade before Hova...