RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-07, 02:44 AM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Just a thought...

IP: 5338 849F

After reading and answering a post that Ebircs put in another thread I had a thought, and, well.....

The amount of people on this site who possess a microphone and look down on those who don't amazes me. What is the reason for this? They believe that everyone on this site is here because they aspire to be a rapper someday. If you seriously believe that then you are fucking idiots. If everyone aspired to be a rapper on this site, fuck we'd have some serious activity in the Audio forums, because what the fuck is text going to do for you in the world of music? NOTHING.

But, what some of you audio close-minded people don't understand is that NOT EVERYONE aspires to be a rapper. Just because you do, it doesn't mean everyone else does.

So, the question becomes... Why do people TEXT?

I know of two reasons, these apply to me...

#1 - Text battling is fast, easy and enjoyable (at times). For some people it may take hours to put together a 10 line verse... for me it isn't. I can put together a 50 line verse if needed in less than 30 minutes. Yes, text battling is easy for me. If you've got a creative mind and can easily visualise the wordplay and punches it is easy. If you can't, it'll be more difficult. And as for enjoyable... sometimes it can be boring as hell. But, a lot of the time I get laughs from some of the punches I see people come up with.

So, maybe certain people text because it is something to do with some of the spare time they have. It doesn't take a fucking genius to write a text verse, however it does take some intelligence to write a decent one.

#2 - This is the most important one for me. What do I aspire to be in life? A writer. What is the basics of text? Writing. Do you get the connection? If not, well I feel sorry for your lack of intelligence. Writing for text battles further develops my writing skills, that is why I write topicals also. It helps me develop my descriptive writing. Standard text battles help me to develop my creative writing further, and it also helps me increase my wording. See, working on wording in a text verse shows in normal writing also over time.

Then, people make stupid comments on that little RV Series script shit I wrote for the LBL. Again, it helps me to develop my writing skills. My script writing isn't the best, I am working on it. That is just a little exercise if you will for me to get better.

So, umm yeah... to answers the people who keep asking me why I text and why I won't pick up a microphone. That is the answer. I aspire to be a writer, NOT a fucking rapper. I will never pick up a mic until someone proves to me that it is going to serve a meaningful purpose in my life goals.

And, to those of you who do aspire to be a rapper and only text... PICK UP A FUCKING MICROPHONE. Text ain't going to get you anywhere in that respect.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 03:06 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 6BD8 82D6

........right...

Do you feel better now?
Old 01-25-07, 03:23 AM   #3
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: BC9F EC21

^ LOL, word.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 01-25-07, 08:06 AM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Well, if I were to say I do feel better or don't feel better then that would mean that informing you people on the internet of my qualms matters to me, thus making me as big a nerd as some of you. So in hindsight, I feel the same way I did before I posted it.

The real question becomes, Nos... why do you feel the need to post silly, sarcastic remarks after a lot of dudes posts when they are expressing their opinions about something? Is your life that meaningless that you have to consistently come on a rapboard and attempt to get a rile out of someone?

And you can answer that or not, I don't care. I voiced my opinion, thus, I am done with this thread.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 08:31 AM   #5
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 53B1 A5EC

well..it all boils down to the fact that we all just get bored as fuck and come on here and post....
Old 01-25-07, 06:12 PM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 9F32 63E3

long story short, people who record pretty much laugh at the people who text and still think what they're doing is "rap". how could you consider your self a rapper, if what you're doing... isn't rap?

rap is music.

text is not music.

the end.

lock this.

p.s. don't worry, when we texted, we thought it was cool too. then we learned better

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 06:14 PM   #7
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 1BF0 D10A

poetry is a form of music.

To have a track you need to write the lyrics down... (unless its a free obviously)

to walk you need to run.. you cant run with out walking.. walking and running are basically the same except ones a evolved level of the other.

same with writing a verse and recording a verse.
Old 01-25-07, 06:22 PM   #8
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 6BD8 82D6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
Well, if I were to say I do feel better or don't feel better then that would mean that informing you people on the internet of my qualms matters to me, thus making me as big a nerd as some of you. So in hindsight, I feel the same way I did before I posted it.

The real question becomes, Nos... why do you feel the need to post silly, sarcastic remarks after a lot of dudes posts when they are expressing their opinions about something? Is your life that meaningless that you have to consistently come on a rapboard and attempt to get a rile out of someone?

And you can answer that or not, I don't care. I voiced my opinion, thus, I am done with this thread.

Dude threads identical to this get made atleast a few times a month..

I understand you just had to get that off your shoulders and have a rant... Its cool.. I just found it kinda comical cause you were talking so seriously and I know nobodys really gonna give that much of a shit...lol
Old 01-25-07, 06:38 PM   #9
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: 03B5 4131

Recording is so easy.. Its more fun then writing a verse.
Even if I suck at audio

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 06:56 PM   #10
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 9F32 63E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysdat
poetry is a form of music.

To have a track you need to write the lyrics down... (unless its a free obviously)

to walk you need to run.. you cant run with out walking.. walking and running are basically the same except ones a evolved level of the other.

same with writing a verse and recording a verse.

talkin to me?

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 07:02 PM   #11
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 40C2 F668

Simple...writers just write

Rappers WRITE and RAP
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 11:32 AM   #12
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Dude threads identical to this get made atleast a few times a month..

I understand you just had to get that off your shoulders and have a rant... Its cool.. I just found it kinda comical cause you were talking so seriously and I know nobodys really gonna give that much of a shit...lol

oh, word... i get ya, never mind then
Old 01-26-07, 12:03 PM   #13
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 7936 FB61

i only look down on people who are smaller than me...

fuck kneeling down to their level i aint gonna get arthritis in my knees just coz they have a growth deficientcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 12:27 PM   #14
King Solo
Skadoosh!

I am 6'7" so I look down on most people in that respect.
Old 01-26-07, 02:32 PM   #15
Blackmage
Is F'in Bored

Text Record: 8-12
Audio Record: 5-5
IP: 00F6 2228

Hey nick, in your sig you forgot swamp thing....

Knowledge is Power, Stop being Weak

The Legend of Blackmage
Featuring such heads as...Tha Q, 9th degree, Enygma,The green team, Big J and probably you! SO DON'T SLEEP!

Coming soon to a soundclick near you...

........Shit.....Nigga.......