RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-05, 04:27 AM   #1
leady
Addicted

why are people so narrowminded and stuck up on sterotypes?????

IP:

i mean look at metafo' thread, tryna act like any white kid dressin like that is wrong.

he basically saying thats a white kid in a black mans clothes.

so does that mean a black man in a suit is wearing white mans clothes???

seriously, theres sum narrowminded fuckwits here that really need to open they eyes and realise stereotypes are more idiotic than the person actually taking them seriously(which is bad i know).

i mean, i listen to hip hop, dancehall, soul, abit of r'n'b.. wear baggy jeans, hoodies, caps w/e i feel like wearin at the time, but what i wear lets people know what im about, what i listen to, it helps define me.... but its annoying when sum narrowminded twat tries to act like im not allowed to do that because im white.

just cos i dress a certain way doesnt make me(or anybody else) a "wigga".... actually walkin round tryna talk like a black man, act like a black man e.t.c then yes i can understand ppl dissin sum1 for that, but just cos of how they dress???? come on now thats retarded..... some people really need to grow up.
Old 10-20-05, 05:26 AM   #2
E.C
Evolution

IP:

i agree wit u... people say that people are tryna be black by wearin clothes dat black people wear, but they dun say shit when they wearin suits... it is fucked up and true.. i have diff styles... most of the tome i jus wear trackkies n a t-shirt for fuckin bout it.. but when i go out jeans t-shirt n a zip up hoody or suttin

..Open Mics..
Old 10-20-05, 06:09 AM   #3
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.C
i agree wit u... people say that people are tryna be black by wearin clothes dat black people wear, but they dun say shit when they wearin suits... it is fucked up and true.. i have diff styles... most of the tome i jus wear trackkies n a t-shirt for fuckin bout it.. but when i go out jeans t-shirt n a zip up hoody or suttin

no-1 ever said to me i'm tryna be black [/sarcasm]

naturally i'm not...but being surrounded my people a generation older than me...they think that

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 05:48 AM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

fuck yo, i wear hoodies, baggy ass jeans half-way down my ass hanging at the bottom all over my nike trainers, a baseball cap on with a bandana underneath, and like 'fitty' gold chains around my neck

....werd mu fuckaz

i go around throwin up tha "W" goin "westside mu fuckaz" and i be like "yea bitch, i'm a gangsta muthafucka, nah'mean"

and i'm white. word. ~_~
Old 10-20-05, 06:16 AM   #5
leady
Addicted

IP:

i just think its sad how some people are like "your white, why the fuck you dressing like that??" or you get people like "wow i never seen a black man dressed like that before"

isnt the way we dress all meant to be part of how we express ourselves??? i just cant see why people tr take that away from people
Old 10-20-05, 07:20 AM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

well...look at the reverse...people like Bryant Gumble are accused of trying to be "white" based on how he speaks...etc.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 10:55 AM   #7
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP:

This reminds me of way back in the day, when kids used to think I was trying to act black just because I rapped. It was really wack because I didn't act any differently around white people than I did around black people. I hung out in the "hoods", still got some good friends out there, but it was always cool because everyone knew I was just being myself. Now there's some white people I know that will get really uneasy in those areas, and actually thouroughly convince themselves that they're gonna get shot. That's just stupid IMO.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 10-21-05, 11:17 AM   #8
leady
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
This reminds me of way back in the day, when kids used to think I was trying to act black just because I rapped. It was really wack because I didn't act any differently around white people than I did around black people. I hung out in the "hoods", still got some good friends out there, but it was always cool because everyone knew I was just being myself. Now there's some white people I know that will get really uneasy in those areas, and actually thouroughly convince themselves that they're gonna get shot. That's just stupid IMO.

i know what you mean, where i grew up, is rough as fuk, mainly run by yardies, shit is just a mess, cnt describe it... anyway when i moved where i am now which is some what a decent area, still has trouble but nowhere like where i lived, anyways ppl was allways like "oh u wigga" cos of how i dressed n the music i listen to... n then i started gettin "where u grew up isnt rough... u jus tryna be black cos its the image" so when i went to visit my dad i took one of them over.... and walked upto my cousins house for a party... the kid was paranoid all the way there, turned up to the house party full of yardies, n he just started gettin scared.... then a few hours in the night sum1 got shot on the street next to the one we was at, police cars n helicoptors all over.. n dude was starting to literally freak out "omg omg sum1 got shot, omg im dead" kinda shit.

kids like that make me laugh
Old 10-21-05, 06:53 PM   #9
L.E
L.E

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree

Totally agree with you on this...cause its the same thing with me. All my white friends call me "kracka" and shit...and say that I pretend to be black. Truth is, I don't talk, walk, or even act black at all. Rap is music...OH NO YOUR CHINESE BECAUSE YOU PLAY THE DRUMS!!!

Same shit...different pile.
Old 10-20-05, 08:12 AM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
i mean look at metafo' thread, tryna act like any white kid dressin like that is wrong.

he basically saying thats a white kid in a black mans clothes.

so does that mean a black man in a suit is wearing white mans clothes???

seriously, theres sum narrowminded fuckwits here that really need to open they eyes and realise stereotypes are more idiotic than the person actually taking them seriously(which is bad i know).

i mean, i listen to hip hop, dancehall, soul, abit of r'n'b.. wear baggy jeans, hoodies, caps w/e i feel like wearin at the time, but what i wear lets people know what im about, what i listen to, it helps define me.... but its annoying when sum narrowminded twat tries to act like im not allowed to do that because im white.

just cos i dress a certain way doesnt make me(or anybody else) a "wigga".... actually walkin round tryna talk like a black man, act like a black man e.t.c then yes i can understand ppl dissin sum1 for that, but just cos of how they dress???? come on now thats retarded..... some people really need to grow up.

Technically... A back man's cloathes would be big thick material robes and turbans.. These days they basically take white man's cloathes and put their own twist on it which some white people decided was a good look too..

Thats how it is... Nobody owns a style of cloathes...
LOL... I guess if you look at it like that black people in suits are 'NHITEAZ'..
Old 10-21-05, 06:35 PM   #11
Blay'all

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Technically... A back man's cloathes would be big thick material robes and turbans.. These days they basically take white man's cloathes and put their own twist on it which some white people decided was a good look too..

Thats how it is... Nobody owns a style of cloathes...
LOL... I guess if you look at it like that black people in suits are 'NHITEAZ'..

wow, and how many times did you call me a wigga b/c of the way I dress?

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 10-21-05, 06:44 PM   #12
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-NOC
wow, and how many times did you call me a wigga b/c of the way I dress?

OMB was sayin that cause of how you dress..

I said it cause its your personality and those gay expressions you were making with your puffy ass baby face......
Old 10-21-05, 06:48 PM   #13
Blay'all

IP:

Quote:

I said it cause its your personality and those gay expressions you were making with your puffy ass baby face......

uh huuuh, so clothes cant be "black" but facial expressions can??

and btw, you dont know my personality

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 10-21-05, 06:51 PM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-NOC
uh huuuh, so clothes cant be "black" but facial expressions can??

and btw, you dont know my personality

The way you come off to people and the way your personality actually is are two different things.

You come off as a wigger....
Old 10-21-05, 06:53 PM   #15
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:

dickhead. I was saying it cos of the way he acts AND the way he dressed.