RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-06, 01:52 PM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

I agree with Jay Z's "20 minute" rule...

IP:

Anyone here who raps knows how tough it is to write when you have block. The last track I made took me almost 3 hours to write 2 verses. That's an abnormality to me. And, to be truthful, my best verses seem to be the ones that flow easily and naturally. I've written some of my best verses in 5-10 minutes. Jay Z says that if it takes more than 20 minutes to write a verse, nix it because "it's no longer music."

I agree with him 100% Don't force it. Let it flow naturally.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 01:54 PM   #2
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

IP:

Thats from Fade 2 Black

but ya i agree 100%

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 01:55 PM   #3
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP:

Hmm...I remember that...And now that I think about it, I wrote 3 verses and recorded em last night, and I can't stop listening to em. I wrote em within 35 minutes too..But, I wrote some other verse last week that took me hella long, like a day and a half and I didn't even like it.
Old 08-10-06, 01:59 PM   #4
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Eazy
Hmm...I remember that...And now that I think about it, I wrote 3 verses and recorded em last night, and I can't stop listening to em. I wrote em within 35 minutes too..But, I wrote some other verse last week that took me hella long, like a day and a half and I didn't even like it.

^^Exactly...

And, I think if you go back and analyze all the verses people said were "dope", those are the ones that you didn't struggle to write.

Old 08-10-06, 02:36 PM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

I dont agree........
Old 08-10-06, 02:42 PM   #6
Compose

IP:

nah, thats bullshit imo...it takes different people a different amount of time to write verses, just because he writes them quicker doesnt mean he should put a time limit on whats music and whats not, and maybe he writes them so quick cuz the verses are raw ass
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 08-10-06, 02:47 PM   #7
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Jay Z has never been on, the 'cutting edge' of lyricism man..

Theres always been emcees out there that would make him look like a fool if he was put in comparison...

And he says he never spends more than 20 minutes on a verse.. Who woulda figured...
Old 08-10-06, 02:50 PM   #8
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus

Theres always been emcees out there that would make him look like a fool if he was put in comparison...

And he says he never spends more than 20 minutes on a verse.. Who woulda figured...

Jay-Z is not lyrical? What the Fuck you smoking?

I ain't even gon' get mad at that, because I can tell you ain't heard 1/4 of his shit. All you probably hear is his Commercial single songs...Fuck outta here...Jay is lyrical to the fullest.
Old 08-10-06, 02:52 PM   #9
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP:

Quote:
Jay-Z is not lyrical? What the Fuck you smoking?

I ain't even gon' get mad at that, because I can tell you ain't heard 1/4 of his shit. All you probably hear is his Commercial single songs...Fuck outta here...Jay is lyrical to the fullest.

Crack apparently

But, this may not apply to EVERYONE. It applies to me though, and a lot of people. I write through inspiration. If I'm blocked, I'm not fittin' to sit there and force anything. That's like tryna crap out a wooden block.

Old 08-10-06, 04:55 PM   #10
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus

lol

are u fuckin serious

wow.....

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 04:56 PM   #11
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Luciano~
lol

are u fuckin serious

wow.....

For real

Jay could beat 1/2 of these emcees with his flow alone.

Old 08-10-06, 02:52 PM   #12
Compose

IP:

^(to m-eazy)not when comparing him to chino xl, canibus, the older eminem, nas, kool g rap, and rakim...but thats just my opinion i guess
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus

Last edited by Compose : 08-10-06 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-10-06, 05:17 PM   #13
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
^(to m-eazy)not when comparing him to chino xl, canibus, the older eminem, nas, kool g rap, and rakim...but thats just my opinion i guess

It's not comparing him to anybody else. (Which I think JAY will dead them lyrically). It's just that he said Jay aint lyrical period. I'm apauled by that post. When Obviously he hasn't heard Jay-Z's real lyrical content, album to album, Reasonable Doubt to Black Album, Front To Back. It annoys the hell out of me when people say someone doesn't have "something" and they haven't even heard at least half of their work. Nas, Rakim, and Eminem are lyrical heads in my opinion out of your list. I can voice an opinion on them because I heard over half of their music, but it's out of my place to voice opinions on Chino XL, Canibus, and Kool G Rap because I haven't heard at least half of their work.

And I know he hasn't heard half of Jay-Z stuff, because I remember him saying he never listens to Jay.

So, answer me this Nos, what makes Jay-Z a non-lyrical rapper?
Old 08-10-06, 07:17 PM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
It's not comparing him to anybody else. (Which I think JAY will dead them lyrically). It's just that he said Jay aint lyrical period. I'm apauled by that post. When Obviously he hasn't heard Jay-Z's real lyrical content, album to album, Reasonable Doubt to Black Album, Front To Back. It annoys the hell out of me when people say someone doesn't have "something" and they haven't even heard at least half of their work. Nas, Rakim, and Eminem are lyrical heads in my opinion out of your list. I can voice an opinion on them because I heard over half of their music, but it's out of my place to voice opinions on Chino XL, Canibus, and Kool G Rap because I haven't heard at least half of their work.

And I know he hasn't heard half of Jay-Z stuff, because I remember him saying he never listens to Jay.

So, answer me this Nos, what makes Jay-Z a non-lyrical rapper?

I said he wasnt lyrical?

Learn to read you dumb cunt...
Old 08-10-06, 04:07 PM   #15
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP:

i agree and disagree........... some of my better verses were wen they came naturally and flowed well without tryin..... but the best song i ever wrote took me almost 2 weeks to complete..... i mean, it wasnt like 2 weeks straight..... but i kept gettin blocked and couldnt think of which direction i wanted to go with the song.... and finally after weeks i finally completed it the way i wanted to and like i sed..... it has been prolly my best song to date...... atleast solo track wise

...The real Renegade before Hova...