RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-03, 10:51 PM   #1
~RaPiDfIrE~
Light Weight

Some underground heads you should peep

IP:

I just feel like supporting some underground emcees that I listen to...

1. Tech N9ne....if you've never heard this guy rap, do yourself a favor and cop one of his albums (or wait for the new one n get it)...Tech is the ONLY emcee I've ever heard that has NOTHING wrong with his shit...in my eyes he's the yardstick that measures and emcees skill, yet hardly anybody listens to his shit...I got both of his last 2 albums, which are the only 2 that are easy to find, n they are both FIRE...Absolute Power (his newest) is a cd/dvd combo, n almost every one of the songs (I think there's 20 tracks) kickass...Anghellic (the one before that) is just as good, only it's more deep...so if your more into the emotional side of hiphop u'd like it more....they both have deep tracks though, and they both have party tracks..I advise EVERYONE to peep his shit..even if you don't buy the albums, d.l some tracks off kazaa...

2. Esham...if you've never listened to Esham you're missing out on a lot...13 years ago in Detroit, Esham made his first album (at 13 years old too) called "Boomin' Words From Hell"....after this album the only 2 names in Detroit hiphop were Kid Rock and Esham...that album started alot...it began the "horrorcore" genre...(don't believe that shit on MTV about the "gravediggaz" or whatever it was that defjam had..they were bitin Esham' nuts on that) Esham over the years strayed away from the horrorcore shit and started doing more universal hiphop....his newest album "Repentence" is one of the best albums I own (only ones better I think are my Tech N9ne albums and a cd from Esham's group, Natas)...Repentence has everything...a touch of hardcore rap, a few commercial style songs, a few really lyrical tracks, and even a phat ass track with Bone Thugs n Harmony....

but the main thing you should know about Esham is that every time you hear Eminem talk about killing someone in a violent way, you're hearing something inspired by Esham...every time you hear ANY detroit rapper, you're hearing something Esham inspired...whether or not they admit it (Eminem has admitted it...now he's in beef w/ Esham....) Anyway you should cop his new album Repentance...it's pretty fuckin dope, it has somethin for everyone...

3. Brotha Lynch Hung....I don't have much to say about BLH...I bought his new album "Lynch by Inch: Suicide Note" and the main thing I can say is, it DAMN sure is worth the 17 bucks I spent on it...it's a 2 cd album, and it also includes a dvd...not only that but the album is the shit....he has a really dark style but it's closer to an Eminem style than a Rob Zombie lol....it's fucking worth peeping though...he's a pretty dope emcee...

and if you don't feel like buying any albums, or looking at any of those emcees..BITE ME lol...j/k..but you should definately download this song "the anthem" it features a shitload of rappers...and they're all good...some of the people include Tech N9ne, Eminem, Chino XL, Kool G Rap, and KRS one....it's a few years old but a lot of people haven't heard it..if you haven't heard that song u MUST peep it...

ok enough of my wisdom...

peace