RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-07, 02:44 AM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Just a thought...

IP:

After reading and answering a post that Ebircs put in another thread I had a thought, and, well.....

The amount of people on this site who possess a microphone and look down on those who don't amazes me. What is the reason for this? They believe that everyone on this site is here because they aspire to be a rapper someday. If you seriously believe that then you are fucking idiots. If everyone aspired to be a rapper on this site, fuck we'd have some serious activity in the Audio forums, because what the fuck is text going to do for you in the world of music? NOTHING.

But, what some of you audio close-minded people don't understand is that NOT EVERYONE aspires to be a rapper. Just because you do, it doesn't mean everyone else does.

So, the question becomes... Why do people TEXT?

I know of two reasons, these apply to me...

#1 - Text battling is fast, easy and enjoyable (at times). For some people it may take hours to put together a 10 line verse... for me it isn't. I can put together a 50 line verse if needed in less than 30 minutes. Yes, text battling is easy for me. If you've got a creative mind and can easily visualise the wordplay and punches it is easy. If you can't, it'll be more difficult. And as for enjoyable... sometimes it can be boring as hell. But, a lot of the time I get laughs from some of the punches I see people come up with.

So, maybe certain people text because it is something to do with some of the spare time they have. It doesn't take a fucking genius to write a text verse, however it does take some intelligence to write a decent one.

#2 - This is the most important one for me. What do I aspire to be in life? A writer. What is the basics of text? Writing. Do you get the connection? If not, well I feel sorry for your lack of intelligence. Writing for text battles further develops my writing skills, that is why I write topicals also. It helps me develop my descriptive writing. Standard text battles help me to develop my creative writing further, and it also helps me increase my wording. See, working on wording in a text verse shows in normal writing also over time.

Then, people make stupid comments on that little RV Series script shit I wrote for the LBL. Again, it helps me to develop my writing skills. My script writing isn't the best, I am working on it. That is just a little exercise if you will for me to get better.

So, umm yeah... to answers the people who keep asking me why I text and why I won't pick up a microphone. That is the answer. I aspire to be a writer, NOT a fucking rapper. I will never pick up a mic until someone proves to me that it is going to serve a meaningful purpose in my life goals.

And, to those of you who do aspire to be a rapper and only text... PICK UP A FUCKING MICROPHONE. Text ain't going to get you anywhere in that respect.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote