RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-04, 04:52 PM   #1
Sir Q. Layshun

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Copywrite Interview (From Another Site)

IP: E379 BEE6

Im Postin This Becuz Some Of You Pple Need To Know A Dope Emcee(All You Pple Who Like 50 Cent, Cassidy, And Lloyd Banks) This Guy Has More Talent Than Any Of Them Will Gain In A Lifetime
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copywrite is probably one of the most talented emcees to touch the mic in a long time. Where Canibus was supposed to take you, Copywrite takes you. The purpose of this interview is not to introduce you to Copywrite, because you can find plenty of information about this emcee on his own page, etc. These questions were asked because the artist is respected for his accomplishments in underground/indie hip hop. I try to get small information about pressing vinyl before you're on a label, advice for upcoming emcees, and a few other things.

Copywrite: Go check out his album, if you haven't already.

H1: Sup Copywrite, we are interested in a few things that turned you onto the hip hop culture. Was the hip hop scene in Ohio huge when you were growing up?

Copywrite: No.It was very close to non existant.I got into hip hop by freestyling in jakki's basement and recording it.Just on some fuck around fun shit.

H1: Did you have emcees locally you looked up too, or was there someone in the industry that made you say, "Man, I can do that.... "?

Copywrite: Not really any local I look up to,back in the day I looked up to Intalec alot.He pretty much ran columbus.

H1: How did you hook up with eastern conference? Is that connection how the whole Weathermen thing happened?

Copywrite: I hooked up with e.c. after they heard "world premier" and told cage they'd like to do something with me, and yeah I guess thats how the whole weathermen thing popped off.

H1: I've heard a lot of talented emcees via the net that basically do nothing other than create songs from their basement (or bedrooms), but never network, never do open mics, never battle, etc. Do you have advice for the young emcees that think deals just fall in their laps because they have talent?

Copywrite: GET OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM! THERE IS A WHOLE WORLD GOING ON OFFLINE!! That netcee stuff is too easy.Go get in some peoples facesand rip them!

H1: Good advice. I actually think this will be the most important part of the interview for our site members. I hate seeing talent wasted, and advice from someone who has actually paid dues and makes moves will hopefully open some eyes. Did Mhz or Copywrite ever press vinyl before they had a deal? I am just curious if you guys were pressing music locally in Ohio before you hooked up with any label.

Copywrite: Nah, we made a demo and gave it to bobbito, and he pressed it b4 we had a deal, cause when your on fondle 'em there is no paper work, so the deal is verbally.Technically we didn't have a deal.

H1: Do you have any suggestions for events, other than a Copywrite related show for emcees to try to get too? As a fan, or as a emcee, basically to network?

Copywrite: Kids tryin' to get on should stop at nothing.Do what you have to do.Send shit through mail,run up in a label,spit on the spot for any1 you see that might be able to help.If you have talent,don't let it go unheard.

H1: What do you feel about the net and hip hop music? Do you feel it has helped you, along with others, and created "stars" in the underground scene? "Stars" wasn't the right word, but did it get you fans you probably wouldn't have had?

Copywrite: Oh,of course.There are pro's and con's to the net,but it definitly helped me and MHz.

H1: Can you tell us what is going on right now for Copywrite and what is in the future?

Copywrite: There are a few projects I'm involved with,some I' think I'm gonna keep secret for a little bit, but we are working on the MHz debut,which I know alot of heads are thirsty for as well as the weathermen album.I also have a 12" for "Fire It Up" dropping very soon with 2 unreleased B-sides .

H1: That's cool. I will make sure to check that out.

Copywrite: Thanx.I appreciate it.

H1: I've heard something about the high exhaulted being re-released and dropping in chainstores. Can you shed some light on that?

Copywrite: yes.high times picked it up,so it'll see a re-release on sept 3rd.up in chain stores everywhere, for heads that have had a hard time finding it.

H1: Do you plan on touring for the album anytime soon?

Copywrite: yeah,as a matter of fact, cats can catch me on the revenge of the robots tour with el-p,rjd2,cage,and lif.for more details on that,hit up www.easternconferencerecords.com

H1: Anyway, thanks for you time Copywrite.

Copywrite: Thank you and your site for takin' out the time to interview me.cop the high exhaulted on eastern conference/high times records if you already haven't peeped it.
Old 01-16-04, 01:36 AM   #2
NuclearConcepts
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
IP: 48F2 7B77

word..
Send a message via AIM to NuclearConcepts Send a message via Yahoo to NuclearConcepts   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-04, 01:40 AM   #3
Da_Killa_Kid
R.B's Demigod

IP: 5570 9B20

He's right, alotta niggaz got mad skillz on here and other places and don't really do the hustle to get a deal or shit like that. That's gonna make alotta ppl see the fuckin lite and do something.

<center> </center>
slept on battle
http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105181
http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113861
Send a message via Yahoo to Da_Killa_Kid   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-04, 02:37 AM   #4
Emotion
Middle Weight

Text Record: 19-8
IP: 4013 53EF

lool he recognised us were faous

Netcee for life NuCCa

Whats the point of living?

The voices in my head Feat. Rule

Unlikely Alias

More Comming soon!
Old 01-16-04, 07:55 PM   #5
Xpress Lane
the other white meat

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 95FF 1D86

That interviewer came across as a real dumbass if you ask me.
Old 01-16-04, 08:30 PM   #6
C-Section

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 872B E5DF

copywrite is nice, but for some reason i cant get into him. i download his songs, and i never burn them i just end up deleteing them. i've downloaded high exaulted about 5 times, and every time i just delete it.
Old 01-16-04, 08:35 PM   #7
As5a5sIn5
New to RB

Text Record: 1-3
IP: 08B4 A797

well wuts the whole story on copywrite...is he really that dope?
Old 01-16-04, 08:40 PM   #8
Xpress Lane
the other white meat

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 95FF 1D86

In a sense he is, but his songs really lack variation and have way too many references to his dick.
Old 01-17-04, 12:26 AM   #9
Tsar Casm
Over Weight

IP: C1DA C961

^^^True..very true..

Soft Focus
Suicide Inc.
RhymeVantage
Def.Ill
Ghost-Writers

Retarded people's heads are to big..I'll be back with something just as funny as watching the Special Olympics..don't worry..
Send a message via AIM to Tsar Casm   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-04, 04:01 AM   #10
B-Lo
Only been on COPS twice

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 84B2 C5E6

tl,dr
Old 01-17-04, 04:07 AM   #11
pimpwussy
butta, no otha