RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-03, 03:48 PM   #16
MP~PHASIZ
Aint Nobody Iller Than Me

Text Record: 9-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B2E8 21DD

^Word, I seen that.
Send a message via MSN to MP~PHASIZ   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 09:51 PM   #17
BLACK FLAME

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 0FFD 191D

Quote:
Originally posted by Diverse
juice is super tight as a battle emcee, one of his best battles was against supernatural...juice lost but the battle is still off the hook...............

He lost but he didn't really lose. He really won if you want to go on punchlines. Shit he's a dope battler
Old 01-12-04, 08:54 PM   #18
chi_illin22

IP: BDD7 DB7F

Sorry if this is a topic that no oneis payin attention to anymore but I was doin a search for Juice and this came up as one of the search results... after reading it I couldnt help but register and give everyone the final answer and the real truth as to what s goin on with Juice.

Juice's first "album" was "100% Juice"... although that isnt an actual Juice release it was put together by a Chi-Town DJ named Risky Bizness. The sound quality on the album is very poor however to crrect the person that said there were only a few real songs,,, thats false.... most tracks on that album are 100% legit. Juice was mixed into some songs like that Jay-Z track for example but most of that album was very legit as far as them being real songs. Tracks like 'Key To The City', 'Freestyle or Written', "Applause" with fellow chicago mc EC Illa.... and the Chicago street anthem "Il-Advised" featuring Capital D of All Natural are just some of the tracks that stand out.... again though, sound quality is poor.

After that Juice kind of disappeared. Juice many times would be scheduled to do shows and never show up and then sometimes he would just pop up at a show even though he wasnt expected.... he did some tracks that snuck out on the underground but never turned up on an album such as the Molemen produced "in the trenches". But for the most part Juice grew a huge repuation as a rapper who was very talented but didnt have much passion for it.

In 2001 Juice turned up on the "Molemen present: Chicago City Limits" album doin a track with Vakill called "Urban Legend" which was a follow up to 'out the speakers', and a track called "Nasty".

Once again Juice then disappeared.

In late 2002/early 2003 Juice started to record tracks here and there with the Molemen. These tracks werent really expected to be on any album because like I said before Juice didnt show much heart for this stuff. He would bust ass and record 3 or 4 trakcs in a day or two then he would disappear for 3 months. Then hed come back and do a few more tracks and disappear again. When I say disappear I mean he wouldnt return phone calls or emails or anything. In the middle of 2003 Juice not only from time to time recorded with the Molemen he also recsrded some stuff with Russian born producer DJ Vadim. At the time fans didnt know what was goin on cuz Juice kept a low profile not doin many shows if any at all and blowin off shows like usual.

Finally just a few months ago two new albums popped up out of nowhere at some chicago record shops. And when I say they came out of nowhere NOBODY knew he was releasing albums even the Molemen who produced all of one of the 2 albums. Juice always had a copy of his masters he recorded and basically released these albums on his own. The albums were called "Tip Of The Iceberg" and "Listen 2 The Words"..... Iceberg consisted of those tracks he has been radmoly recording with the Molemen while L2TW consisted of the tracks he did with Vadim in this time.

Panik of the Molemen openly admitted to not having any knowledge of these albums being released up until seeing them on the shelf at the record store. He said he didnt have a chance to fine tune and master any of the final production and that is evident. Even though the beats are dope you cant tell they werent mastered yet. Tip Of the Iceberg was/is the more successful of the two albums because these albums are only being sold in Chicago to my knowledge and "Iceberg" has many tracks showing love for the city as wellas it is produced by Chicago's own legendary Molemen as where the other album is from DJ Vadim and doesnt have the "Chi-town love" theme in many tracks. Both these albums again arent 100% cd quality although they are 1000 times better quality than 100% Juice was. They look to be recorded on CD-R's and that just goes to proove Juice released these albums on his own and had no consent from the Molemen (i cant speak for vadim)

As of right now where thigns stand with Juice are this....

A few weeks ago someone asked on the Molemen message board what was up with Juice... Panik of the Molemen said they are no longer going to work together (unfortunatly) due to the fact that Juice seemed so spacey with his behavior. On one hand you gotta respect Juice for not wanting the fame and the pressure of being a big time artist... but at the same time you understand what Panik is saying cuz Juice blows off shows, studio time, and recording sessions regularly and released these album with getting NO consent from his producers (i dont know how the $$ aspect of sales is working between them)... Panik said he is done working with Juice forever unless Juice can agree to let him and the Molemen get 100% control and all the masters of any work they would do in the future. Knowing Juice, personally this is something he wont go for. So that leaves Juice without production and promotion. Someone with Juices skill will find production and promotion Im sure but the Juice that was rippin shit up before always had the Molemen right behind everythign he did.... As of 2 or 3 months ago this no longer is the case.

After Panik expalined the Juice situation Juice then made his first ever appearance on the Molemen message board and said "when the weather starts to get cold his fans will start feelin the heat" and he posted a website address...... The address is www.juicemc.com ...... He said this about 2 months ago and here in Chicago the weather has been cold for a while now and his website is still underconstruction.... it has a pic oh Juice and says "coming soon".... so once agin this brings up the question was Juice once again making a false statement saying "when the weather is cold you will feel my heat", starting a website, then once again disappearing..... OR is Juice putting a ton of effort into this and getting ready to make a name for himself nation wide? For those of us who have followed Juice we know the safe bet is he once again is blowin us all off.... but we can always hope.

As of now from what Juice has said 2004 is gonna be the year Juice blows up.... he put those 2 albums out in late 2003 and they have done well considering they got no promotion and are only sold in a handful of stores. From the impression Juice is giving he did this to keep his name on the streets as he prepares his 1st "MAJOR" release on his new label C.A.L.I. records and his new crew the conglomorats (elliot ness and maintain). So technically if he is being truthful 2004 could be the year Juice blows up. he will get his website up and goin, get his first big time release into stores and make a name for himself....... however if youw anna go off Juices past history this is all talk and he will once again disappear and then sometime about 6 months from now pop up from nowhere do a show or two record 3 or 4 tracks then disappear again.

So to answer the orignal question nobody knows exactly what is up with Juice... but thats where thigns stand now

check out these sites for more info

www.juicemc.com (juices own webpage still being built)

www.molemen.com (very informative for all of chicago rap and hip hop... but mentioning Juice's name in the message forum is something you gotta do at your own riwsk.... panik and many die-hard molemen fans are not to happy with Juice currently)

and you can email juice at thejuicemc@yahoo.com although he responds when he feels like it
Old 01-12-04, 09:01 PM   #19
chi_illin22

also if you are lookin to pick up his 2 new albums www.gramaphonerecords.com is the webpage of a chi twon record shope... they sell the albums off there website and i can verify they are a legit place to buy from
Old 01-14-04, 03:28 AM   #20
Solgooberdier

IP: E8B0 22CF

I'm not haten on this guy but he doesnt have freestyles if you listen to them all most are repeats and are most definitly written. MC Juice is average when I grow up I will be better than him. He is only decent because you know he has been rhyming a long time ya know.
Old 01-14-04, 05:34 PM   #21
chi_illin22

How long you been rhymin has nothin to do with it. Snoop, Jay Z guys like that been doin it for how long? and they seem to get wacker and wacker the more they do it. You either got it or you dont.

As far as him writing his freestyles... look at the battle against Supernatural.... in the 3rd round when Nat refused to rhyme to that one beat then did the biggie impression Juice came back with the "tried to hit Revolution on the 3-way, even tried to bring his own muthafuckin DJ" line which is clearly not written considering it would have been meaningless had Nat not refused the beat and thats sharp as hell to think of off the head... then he hit him with the "impressionisit" line in reference to Nat doin the Biggie voice.... again no way it could have been written... and the stuff that is written he has very clever punchlines... better than 99% of most MC's....

you can say Juice has no heart or passion for rappin all u want but dont be ignorant and deny skill
Old 01-14-04, 07:37 PM   #22
Solgooberdier

IP: E8B0 22CF

FUCK YOU FAGET

that battle is sick no doubt, all his radio shit is written is you dont know now you know, I have cd's bitch, He is told to freestyle and do his thing, well guess what uhh its written listen to the radio "WAKE UP SHOW" wha.
Old 01-14-04, 09:26 PM   #23
chi_illin22

can you please repeat that, but in english?

~~~all his radio shit is written is you dont know now you know~~~
~~~He is told to freestyle and do his thing, well guess what uhh its written listen to the radio "WAKE UP SHOW" wha.~~~

How old are you? You dont even make sense. Someone simply asked what Juice has been up to and I answered them.... then you throw a shit fit and start typing jiberish that I cant even understand.

None of us will ever know who writes their freestyles and who doesnt. The only way you can ever tel for sure is when an MC throw out a sharp comeback in a battle. Again, in the battle against Nat when Nat refused to rhyme over the beat Juice had a real sharp line about that in his next round..... obviously something liek that is off the head cuz Juice had no way of knowing Nat would refuse the beat. When Nat did the Biggie voice Juice had a sharp response for that, again could not have been written.... remember the Juice/Eminem deal... catchin anorexia and eating a 3 course meal..... again couldnt have been written.

But again, there is noway of telling which MC's do and which MC's dont write their freestyles. Maybe Juice does, maybe Nat does, maybe Em does, maybe none of them do... you cant say for sure. I wasnt asking you to admit to the Juice/Nat battle bein dope I was showing you certain examples of freestyle that could NOT be written.

Whatever though, Im not gonna get into any beef with you... I cant even understand what youre typing so it's pointless. So Im dont responding to any of your posts homie. All I did was answer someones question. He asked what is up with Juice and no one seemed to have an answer so I tried to answer it and you go off on some little tantrum.... the word hater comes to mind, but again, im not gonna get into it with you

Peace

~~all his radio shit is written is you dont know now you know~~
First of all this sentence doesnt make sense... but if you are saying what I think you are sayin you have no proof or this

~~I have cd's bitch~~
and your point is?

~~He is told to freestyle and do his thing, well guess what uhh its written listen to the radio "WAKE UP SHOW" wha.~~
ummmmm, where do I start with this one? LOL Get an education kid. What are you even tryin to say here? What language is this? Again I know Juice.... you dont. You dont have to tell me about the 3 1 minute freestyles you heard him do in your life.... I've heard that and then some....

"I think back to when I battled Supernat in two-thou, Juices first loss whats he gonna do now. I held my undefeated rep sacred inside, but like a real G I had to take it in stride. A nigga beats me and his flow is off key, thats when I vowed never let him make doe off me. On the Wake Up Nat was sayin Juice was pre-wrote. Not knowin Im so sic I see the next 3 quotes. And I know he sounds like Big but Juice is unbelievable, you have to know me to understand, its simply inconcievable. In this underground world its hard to be believed, when cats always say your shit is preconceived. Nat tried to give me some advice about my flow, he gave me the ultimate respect and didnt even know. He said stop written your battle rhymes and freestlye more. I just smiled and thought, now thats what I freestyle for..... Ill always keep it real for yall, thats sincer ya know, from the heart".... Take it for what its worth kid

Last edited by chi_illin22 : 01-14-04 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-14-04, 10:52 PM   #24
Quotient
Moterboatin Sonuvabitch

IP: 5829 270D

Nah dukes. He freestyles. One of the TOP freestylist. Watch Rap Olympics man. There is NO way to use writtens there. Seriously there is none.
Send a message via AIM to Quotient   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-04, 06:26 AM   #25
Emotion
Middle Weight

Text Record: 19-8
IP: 4013 53EF

I love that battle against supernatural...He doesnt make amny tracks just freestyles

Whats the point of living?

The voices in my head Feat. Rule

Unlikely Alias

More Comming soon!
Old 01-15-04, 01:18 PM   #26
Holl-a-kiss
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E24A B237

dunno if it was said but he droped a album in 2003 i know go find it and cop it if u want but he never has been good when it comes to making songs and putting together a CD but ill on the mic wit lyrics, battle'n, and freestylen
Old 01-16-04, 08:08 PM   #27
chi_illin22

had 2 cd's in 2003 actually

tip of the iceberg and listen 2 tha werds
Old 02-04-04, 06:55 PM   #28
JUbone
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E5DC DA8C

yo, I went did a search on MC juice last week (rookie internet use, jus got it 2 weeks ago) n i came across this website..i read this whole thread 2 times, n i was concerned bout that long post..That ish aint true, he aint steal shit...heres an email i recieved from him

****VVVVVV NOT MC JUICE IMPRESSIONIST****MC JUICE***COPIED AND PASTED**
Me and Molemen were working on an album together at a
studio that had horrible sound called Rosebud in the
Chicagoland area.

We were going to do the album and split the royalties
equally (50/50) doen the middle.

I asked Panik for closed sessions for my album but
everytime I showed up there were different people
watchnig me record, and I DO NOT LIKE THAT!! - feel
me?

Anyways with the sound being shitty, and various
people being at my sessions, I decided to move the
project to Studio Chicago.

Panik and the guys at Rosebud put all the tracks on my
60 Gig hard drive and I picked them up a few days
later.

Panik came by the new studio to lay some of the tracks
that weren't on the hard drive for me, but he said he
had spilled Pepsi on the MPC discs and could not find
two or three tracks.

this in essence forced me to two track two or three
songs onn the album. The rest were all laid out on Pro
Tools files.

i've done a lot of work with Molemen and they have
never paid me ONE RED CENT for anything I've done for
them, and that's fine.

But now they think they're going to get paid off my
album but I put an end to that by moving the project.
they thought they would have control of the masters,
but I flipped it.

Now I also offered to enter into a contract with their
"so called" lawyer, but they refused. They felt since
I was recording in their spot, and they had the
masters, that there was no need to do paperwork.

Now ask yourself a few questio.

1)

If I really stole the masters from Panik, how come he
hasn't sued me in a court of law to get back what was
rigtfully his? He has a lawyer. If I stole the
masters, he would most definitely have witnesses. Why?
Because it never happened, that's why

2) How can you jack Pro Tools masters without anyone
knowing? I'd either have to have stolen a whole
computer from the studio (Then they wuold have called
the cops or sued me) or transferred them over to my
hard drive myself (13 tracks) without anyone knowing.
At some point some body from Rosebud would have saw
me, don't you think? It just doesn't make sense.

3) If I did two track the album, how do you explain
the drum drop outs, intros, and shit. How did I make
the songs long enough and add those elelments to them?

If all the songs were two tracked, the wohle track
would come out everytime I dropped out drums or a kick
or a snare. Clearly this does not make sense either.

Panik has tried to ban me from Chicago Rocks at the
Metro this Friday and purposely left my name off the
list for the after party that I am performing at. He
has been speading rumors about me on the Internet
because they know I'm not on the Web much and i don;t
know how to use message boards and things like that.

i'm just an Mc trying to make good music. If I had
really done that shit to Panik, i probably wouldn't be
responding to emails from real fans like you. I'm as
real as it gets dawg.

Now as a true appreciater of good music, it is your
responsibility to tell my side of the story, since you
have never heard it till' now.

You must tell people that Panikn is tryig to ban Juie
from the biggest hip hop event in Chicago and if you
have to, paste my actual words on message boards and
stuff.

It's no wonder some people I meet think I'm phony as
hell. The Internet is a unique culture where anyone
can accuse you of anything if you don't know how to
defend yourself.
*********COPIED AND PASTED***
so there ya go, for them peeps in CHI, fuck panik!!
Old 02-04-04, 08:25 PM   #29
T West
Middle Weight

Text Record: 14-6
IP: 9588 E886

Juice is crazy...anybody hear when he tore up eminem back in 97...and Juice vs supernatural is one of the best battles of all tyme in my opinion.

I heard he was on tour and he's just gettin off tho

Currently Open Battles:
T West vs. Kizza
Send a message via AIM to T West   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-04, 07:43 AM   #30
Kwizikz

IP: 6F9E F23B

he si tight as betty's piss flaps..
N she's a nun!