RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-04, 02:22 PM   #31
Mc Bling
Banned

IP: 24A3 0EF0

1. Einstein
2. Isaac Newton
3. Malcom
4. Hitler (Messed up but a Genius)
5. Buddha
Old 02-07-04, 02:50 PM   #32
DaviD WoRdplay

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: BF03 A7F7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargic
^What's a 1st Fssg?

How old is your dad?

Unless he learned it in the military history courses they provide you with...your dad is full of shit.<---Only applies if your dad was claiming to have been there.

LOL at claiming to have been there. No, my dad's a gunnery sergent in the Marines. He works with the intelligence people and this was told to him over a conversation about past wars he was having with an officer.
Old 02-07-04, 03:20 PM   #33
Slik Shadow
Flyweight

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 4533 8D70

^ word
Old 02-07-04, 03:22 PM   #34
Lokinator
peace

Text Record: 1-1
IP: DF7B C8F7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio*Chemist
I stated Shakespeare was one of the smartest heads in my opinion
Because he is a poet to me a master of all poets. A lot of people
Would say that ridiculous one person in example my boss.
He didn’t believe Shakespeare wrote all those plays.
But I believe so. Each book he written one can tell this was a
Touch of a certain individual style. But blah believe what you want
Tragedy death deceit were all in his plays and he set the stage for a lot
Of plays and TV shows movies that are being done today. But , just my opinion

shakespeare never came up with his own plots. . and it has been proven
Old 02-07-04, 03:23 PM   #35
self
one wink

IP: AAF1 A3DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio*Chemist
I stated Shakespeare was one of the smartest heads in my opinion
Because he is a poet to me a master of all poets. A lot of people
Would say that ridiculous one person in example my boss.
He didn’t believe Shakespeare wrote all those plays.
But I believe so. Each book he written one can tell this was a
Touch of a certain individual style. But blah believe what you want
Tragedy death deceit were all in his plays and he set the stage for a lot
Of plays and TV shows movies that are being done today. But , just my opinion

I have another who I believe was on of the top. Well my co worker does
And I agree with him.

Have you not read his stuff? His style changes periodically. Style is by no means a measure of who a person is. I can write like Shakespeare, any one else could have.
He didn't start anything for TV or movies today. That would be starting life. Starting the idea. Natural thought and creativity is what gives idea's, not Shakespeare, just because he was the biggest and oldest name to have the same idea's that have been written millions of times elsewhere does not mean he started them. For that, you are not a smart person. Goodbye.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-04, 03:28 PM   #36
fgee

IP: 24A3 0EF0

to be honest i know this subject is debatable..
i couldnt hazard a guess at whos the smartest
theres so many different fields from which to choose
and categories would be needed

but it would be for a genious alone to decide who is the smartest of all times
Old 02-07-04, 03:31 PM   #37
Walter Wall

IP: FF53 66D0

^wher've you been?

My List:
Stephen Hawking
Ivan Pavlov
Mahatma Ghandi
Mark Twain
Albert Einstein
Old 02-07-04, 03:35 PM   #38
dirtyendzone
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 7EC7 4CD4

My respects go to

Einstein
Euclid
Isaac Newton
Pythagoreus
Steven hawking

Last edited by dirtyendzone : 02-07-04 at 03:36 PM. Reason: misspell
Send a message via MSN to dirtyendzone   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-04, 04:03 PM   #39
Highlight
The Great Adventures Of..

IP: A96D 75E9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitSouL
you forgot canibus. he's smart...

LOL!

Anyway, 3 people ....

Imhotep - First documented renaissance man of history. He was a Ewe man of Egypt and lived during the famous 4th dynasty. He's the "Father of Medicine" as well as many other titles.

Queen Tiye - She was the wife of King Amenhotep III, mother of King Akenten (Ahkenaton), Mother in law of Queen Nefertitti and mother of King Tutu Ankoma (or King Tut). The most famous dynasty of the Denkyirahene in Egypt. Her nation building skills were unmatched in pharonic Egypt. She had more power than her husband and all men in general. She was easily the most powerful woman of antiquity because of her keen nation building skills.

Herodotus - Without Herodotus, I wouldn't know half the shit I know now. He was a Greek historian, dubbed "The Father of History", that lived 484 BC to 425 BC. He wrote "The Histories" and is easily the most influential historian we know of. I would say Omane Anto (Mantheo), the Egyptian preist that gave the Greeks the histories of Egypt, but Herodotus covered everything in the ancient world. There was literally no people in his hemisphere that he didn't encounter, describe and write about. We owe a lot to Herodotus as far as figuring out how some things came to pass.
Old 02-07-04, 04:12 PM   #40
Sleepwalker
New to RB

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: B20F 67F7

1. Einstein
2. Mencious
3. Sun Tzu
4. Myamoto Musashi
5. iLLogic

thats my peace..names you dont recognize..look them up..Einstein of course has to be number one not because of the theory of reletivity..but because of what he studied and didnt get a chance to finish before his death..the theory of unification..

pZ..

..Sleepwalker..

..Beyond Life & Death..

"theres too many millionares out here, for there to be so many hungry people" - Ghostface
Old 02-07-04, 04:19 PM   #41
Fl~O~mEtRy

IP: 3F93 7ABD

well im not sure about top 5, but 2pac must be in the top 13, i think his IQ was likr 185 or sumthin like that, n they have collage courses on him and a collage dedicated to him and his philosophy on life makes so much sense

definately Charles Darwin the dude who sed the strongest survives
Thomas Jefferson

4get some others but yah
Old 02-07-04, 04:42 PM   #42
self
one wink

IP: AAF1 A3DB

Tupac? He was a gangster after he didn't need to be.

Smart.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-04, 04:49 PM   #43
varentao

IP: 5212 BDAB

It's been proven Shakespeare didn't write all his stuff? Hmmm...could you please point me towards that proof. No, scratch that. Could you please open the door and show me some of this proof.

Because i've always thought of it in as a mere 'doubt' rather than something that has been proven. I mean come on, judging it on writing style with little to nothing else to back it up is a bit weak.

Saying that, i am not saying he DID write it all, no argument. Just that i give the benefit of the doubt to his name.

Not the most smartest? Well, i see the question as a bit too broad. But he's up there with the great 'intellects'. Someone said 'all he did was understand human nature and society'. Well, yes, that takes intelligence. To understand it and then intepret it into the work that we see today. Plays that have lasted centuries. Become universal to the extent that they have translated into many different languages to cater for the demand in many different countries.

To say 'if he didn't do it....someone else would've'...is also a bit off. One might say the same about many scientists who achieved great things.

Also saw a comment about 'i or anyone else could write waht he wrote'...er, really? Hmmm, maybe you'd like to submit 5 lines for us. Don't worry, i'll wait by the phone, ready to call The Shakespeare Company about the 'second coming' of their prodigal...

Oh, and i've only ever read two Shakespeare plays fully. Not fully into 'his' work. But i can appreciate what it is. The recognition of subteltites is usually what makes one realise the true extent of his work. And the extent of 'inteligence' it takes to write such things. Oh, and can't forget how important his work is to the English language. Though there was someone before him who they say is the 'unsung hero'. His name escapes my mind..

But hey, i also appreciate other points of views. His name just came off the top off me head when writing a couple names down. And one cannot argue him popping up in people's 'lists'...as he was a man of genius in his fields. At least, what was in his name...
Old 02-07-04, 05:12 PM   #44
Dragon I
British Beef Personified

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 8613 8E2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
1. Einstein
2. Mencious
3. Sun Tzu
4. Myamoto Musashi
5. iLLogic

thats my peace..names you dont recognize..look them up..Einstein of course has to be number one not because of the theory of reletivity..but because of what he studied and didnt get a chance to finish before his death..the theory of unification..

pZ..

myamoto was just deep and introspective really. although no doubt a genius, he isn't one of the best.

as for people saying einstein, although he was indeed extremely clever, something's he made have started to be thgouht of as wrong. stephen hawking is only thoughtof as intellgient cos he wrote a book. althgouh smart, he isn't too great. some of his ideas are being disclaimed now too. can't remeber the detaiuls though i'm afraid cos i looked into it all a while back.

my list though? not sure to be honest. i agree hitler was genius, but only in his ability to manipulate a crowd. it all depends on what part of genius you're measuring. some people are geniuses when it comes to numbers (eg. pythagoras), some with words (eg.chaucer), and others have the ability to work out exactly what people are thinking and how to make them think what you want (eg. Hitler). you get spacial and artistic genius too, such as good old picasso or da vinci.

There's one guy that i do have on my list, but i can;t remeber his name. he's a physician that got a nobel prize like 5 years after getting his degree or something. made huge discoveries towards nanotechnology with the aid of a biological dye. complete genius. can't really say beyond that. too many fields of genius really to draw a comparison on a small scale.
Old 02-07-04, 05:13 PM   #45
Lokinator
peace

Text Record: 1-1
IP: DF7B C8F7

i believe he wrote his own stuff but did not come up with the plots. .

Shakespeare wrote more than 30 plays covering a variety of subjects and genres--tragedies, comedies, and histories. His plays are remembered mainly for three things--the beauty of the words he wrote, the excellence of his storytelling, and his inventiveness with words. He used a vocabulary of more than 20,000 different words (the King James Bible, in contrast, uses less than 10,000 different words), many of which he invented himself and which are still in use today. His plays dealt with such important themes as how a country should be run, how power should be transferred, and how to respond to an unjust government, but he also showed great insight into matters such as relationships within families and between men and women.
There have been many arguments about whether Shakespeare really wrote the plays that are attributed to him. It has been argued that he did not have enough education or the background to use language the way he did or to have the insight into human nature, history, and the various issues that he treats in his plays. It has been proposed that another person or persons actually wrote the plays, using Shakespeare as a "front." This person might have been a member of the nobility who did not want to be openly associated with the theater. However, these theories did not surface until long after Shakespeare's death. The written record indicates that Shakespeare's friends and contemporaries certainly accepted him as the author of the plays attributed to him, and it was not until many decades after his death that his authorship was questioned. It seems unlikely that such a secret could have been kept by so many people, and in the absence of convincing evidence that he did not write the plays, or that someone else did, it is generally accepted now that Shakespeare wrote the plays attributed to him.

Few of Shakespeare's plays were based on plots of his own invention. He drew on the history of England (Henry VIII, Henry V, King John), old stories (Hamlet), classical history (Julius Caesar, Anthony and Cleopatra), Italian stories (Merchant of Venice, Two Gentlemen from Verona), and contemporary prose (As You Like It, A Winter's Tale). However, he always improved on his source materials, for example, by expanding minor characters, introducing entirely new characters, rearranging plots to make them more effective, giving the a wider philosophical outlook, and writing wonderful dialogue to put in the mouths of the characters.

Shakespeare's influence continues until this day. His plays are still staged all over the world, and they continue to influence playwrights, directors, theater designers, and actors.

Shakespeare by S Kathleen and Kenji Kitao