RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-04, 02:58 AM   #16
Cuthroat
Flyweight

Text Record: 3-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4E34 14DC

well i think it was stupid to get ya panties all wodded up i mean shit they ain't racists u just stupid
Old 02-16-04, 07:55 AM   #17
Y.L.
New to RB

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 54AA D999

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS U WIT RAIN DANCES>.....DONT YALL FOOLS KNOW THATS JUS A DANCE THEM STUPID WHITE PPL MADE UP LMAO........Dumb asses lol

~*DeaD SouFF RePPiN*~

~*LoGik AND SaVaGe*~
Send a message via Yahoo to Y.L.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-04, 10:19 AM   #18
Provoked Images
Just call me your Savior

Text Record: 8-6
IP: F718 7AAD

aight, I'm native american and i find this extremely discriminating, the "feather" has nothin to do with our culture like "rap" music would with blacks or "scarfs" with indians...
the feather, especially to certain tribes, is like the crucifix, but it is a symbol to our people and the Great Spirit, wat you call God...
All who is religious in here who makes fun of the feather, is, in turn, makin fun of God and that makes you a hypocritical heresy who will burn, that is your fault...
now, when it comes to the fact that they took so many symbols from us, twisted it around wit colors that aren't actually true to reality, that is pure discrimination...
non tha matter, i am not worried about OutKast as being racists as they do this wit all cultures, includin white and black, and i will continure to listen to them, it is music creativity...
Old 02-16-04, 10:23 AM   #19
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: B691 B3C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by varentao
To make it more clear.

It wasn't just the feathers. It was the face paint and the whole dressing up which they see as a poor and offensive parody of their own culture. Hitting on parts which are seen as quite sacred.

But no one cares about the Natives anymore. Outkast got their name back into the limelight. They should be happy.

Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-04, 10:25 AM   #20
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: B691 B3C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngellicalR
aight, I'm native american and i find this extremely discriminating, the "feather" has nothin to do with our culture like "rap" music would with blacks or "scarfs" with indians...
the feather, especially to certain tribes, is like the crucifix, but it is a symbol to our people and the Great Spirit, wat you call God...
All who is religious in here who makes fun of the feather, is, in turn, makin fun of God and that makes you a hypocritical heresy who will burn, that is your fault...
now, when it comes to the fact that they took so many symbols from us, twisted it around wit colors that aren't actually true to reality, that is pure discrimination...
non tha matter, i am not worried about OutKast as being racists as they do this wit all cultures, includin white and black, and i will continure to listen to them, it is music creativity...

I cut my own Quills and weather them, and write with them. Is that discrimination. Just wondering...
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-04, 10:29 AM   #21
Provoked Images
Just call me your Savior

IP: F718 7AAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by self
I cut my own Quills and weather them, and write with them. Is that discrimination. Just wondering...

no, it's not, I can use a crucifix as a way to hold up a Shot Trap and nobody would care, it was the effect that they were trying to portray that was wrong, we wear a number of feathers to show how close we are to the Great Spirit and they had no right to do that since they don't believe in it...
Old 02-16-04, 11:22 AM   #22
~God Hand~
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 6301 79A8

Man, people can argue about natives respect all they want but the thing is people just lookin for ways to make a few bucks off of something they find "offensive". Outkast wasnt even trying to be native american, if you saw the performance they were supposed to be aliens or somethin...but i mean i got no problem if native americans find it disrespectful, im just sayin...people want a perfect world, well thats damn near impossible to do
Old 02-16-04, 12:25 PM   #23
Jes
Light Weight

IP: DED4 6855

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngellicalR
no, it's not, I can use a crucifix as a way to hold up a Shot Trap and nobody would care, it was the effect that they were trying to portray that was wrong, we wear a number of feathers to show how close we are to the Great Spirit and they had no right to do that since they don't believe in it...

So no one has a right to use a feather because we don't believe in it??? well thats pretty stupid. did whilst the show think to yourself "hey this fuckermother is mocking my beliefs?"... fuck no. and i bet when you saw the grammys... you were boppin your head to the beat of his performance.
Old 02-16-04, 12:37 PM   #24
saltheking
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 6A57 D029

i dunn like outkast, so they need to get arrested for hate crimes...
someone needs to make a law under which they can then be prosecuted!
a Law that covers andy and all aspects of before the law and crap, and any body who thinks what they did was okay...red scare style...

sounds racist to me...

mwhahahahahahaha
oukast=racist

hey you!
your worthless like pre-owned autos...
hahaha

PNEUMATIC...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/saltheking.htm
Send a message via AIM to saltheking   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-04, 06:55 PM   #25
varentao

IP: 2729 AD8A

Yep, now those darned Red Indians have got some publicity...they can build a revolution on it. Maybe Marlon Brando will hobble over and join them...could be a useful sandbag equivalent, eh?

You're not seeing it within the context of things.

It's not about a singualar reference. Like 'writing with a quill'. Actually, it's amusing how one takes it to that context. I mean...what the feck?

Secondly, the reason they feel the need to make the fuss can be explained by how society works today. It is needed. Political correctness to an extent is needed. I'm not politically correct as such. But i understand what it is, and why it is needed.

I think angellicar explained a lot in her post. Though it is what it is. And it was more out of ignorance. Nonetheless, it isn't really right. It shows seemingly systematically their ways have in many wayhs been bastardised. Mainly by others (er, 'the man'...).
Old 02-16-04, 07:33 PM   #26
Provoked Images
Just call me your Savior

IP: BB8C D4B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by varentao
Yep, now those darned Red Indians have got some publicity...they can build a revolution on it. Maybe Marlon Brando will hobble over and join them...could be a useful sandbag equivalent, eh?

You're not seeing it within the context of things.

It's not about a singualar reference. Like 'writing with a quill'. Actually, it's amusing how one takes it to that context. I mean...what the feck?

Secondly, the reason they feel the need to make the fuss can be explained by how society works today. It is needed. Political correctness to an extent is needed. I'm not politically correct as such. But i understand what it is, and why it is needed.

I think angellicar explained a lot in her post. Though it is what it is. And it was more out of ignorance. Nonetheless, it isn't really right. It shows seemingly systematically their ways have in many wayhs been bastardised. Mainly by others (er, 'the man'...).

me? a female? nope, do not pass go, do not collect any sence of political correctness

as for tha ignorance and tha post about every "feather use" as a discrimination, i was talkin about as a banded headdress, i mean I personally could care less wat they do, i've already explained it to be thier musical creativity, something I have no need to attack verbally, i do it myself, i don't believe in Jesus but i talk about him all tha time and his crucifixion, don't I? I did even in this thread, i just feel like it's a good idea to use in a song like they use such other things in their performances...

as for liking the performance, i did, and i have and always will like Outkast music, they keep my head boppin wit those creative beats and their mix of underground and industry material lyrics, i have no hate for them or their music...

I hope I cleared some stuff here and will pass the mic on...
Old 02-16-04, 07:50 PM   #27
varentao

^Heh. Sorry, yer name just sounds a bit feminine. As i'm sure mine might to some 80 year old Chinese-Mongolian village peasant.

Okay, so what you're saying is you don't mind people doing all that. But people have the right, and SHOULD protest against it. If yes, i agree. If no...elaborate. My head feels quite hollow at the moment.
Old 02-16-04, 08:05 PM   #28
Provoked Images
Just call me your Savior

IP: BB8C D4B2

no need to elaborate, your on point, if a person does not feel it right, he SHOULD protest against it, i just could care less...

my name supposed to be:

angellical as in "like an angel"
and R for "Revised" or "Remixed" whichever sounds better...
i wanna change it though but don't know how...
Old 02-16-04, 08:11 PM   #29
varentao

Oh, well fair enough. Just had to dig a bit into your post. I appreciate what you're saying. Not totally agree with it, but nonetheless appreciate.

And ask someone in the Q/A forum to change your name.
Old 02-16-04, 08:21 PM   #30
OutCome
Rare One

Text Record: 5-3
IP: 283B 08F8

I understand were there coming from and i see both the pro an con of the matter. it deals with how far are nation/world has slipped as far as what is and isnt exceptable.. You have to understand those are things native americans take very seriously and find offencive.

barly clothed women dressed up in feathers to help promote sex appeal and sell records with a teepee in the background is offenive to native americans.. and i understand completly.. i might be part native american, half but im not really sure...

They more than likly feel it takes away from there image as being a more moral orintied culture. I think they deserve that respect, look at how much theyve already sufferd through.. Native americans have had (i feel) more fucked things happen to them than almost any other culture, unless you count Women as there own culture. due to the fact this was THERE land.. and they have almost died out completly...