RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-04, 07:03 PM   #1
Keith Moon
Thank You, Come Again

Text Record: 11-2
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Nelly's two albums

IP: 8D48 2106

I nkow lots of poeple here been baggin on him cuz he does club songs but one of his albums will have club songs and anotha iono peep dis

heres an article on IGN:

July 15, 2004 - It's old news that St. Louis bad boy Nelly will be dropping no less than two new albums on Tuesday, September 14th.

Entitled Sweat and Suit, the albums have already been garnering a ton of pre-release press, mostly due to the fact that Nelly is the first rapper to drop two albums on the same day. To date the only other artists who have stepped out on a limb and released two consecutive albums on the same day have been rockers Bruce Springsteen and Guns 'N Roses.

According to Nelly, Sweat and Suit aim to showcase his diverse musical styles, both conceptually and creatively. As to why he decided to go with two single albums in lieu of a double album, the rapper states "I had so much material that at first I thought about releasing a double CD, but then I thought it would be better to release two albums separately to show fans the best of both sides of 'Nellyville'.".

Nelly goes on to describe how the two albums are different, pointing out that Sweat is packed to the brim with "up-tempo club bangers that are more street-oriented songs along the lines of "Hot In Herre," "Air Force Ones" and "#1"." As for the joints laced on Suit? Fans can expect those songs to be more grown up and sexy, something along the lines of Nelly's previous hits "Dilemma" or "Ride Wit Me."

As for how the albums will work together as a whole, the St. Lunatic kingpin remarks, "When I first came out I was representing my city hard, now I'm trying to explain so much more. I think both albums show my growth creatively and personally," he adds.

To date Nelly has released two studio albums and one remix album. He broke out of the Midwest in 2000 with his multi-platinum-selling debut Country Grammar. He quickly followed that success with the St. Lunatics platinum-certified debut Free City in 2001. Then in 2002 Nelly dropped his sophomore effort, Nellyville, which again went multi-platinum. 2003 saw the release of Da Derrty Versions remix album. Sweat and Suit will be Nelly's third and fourth studio albums respectively.

As for buzz on the streets, both albums have been generating some sonic juice due to the release of Sweat's lead-off single "Flap Your Wings," which was produced by The Neptunes.

Now Nelly and company are dropping the lead-off single from Suit. Entitled "My Place," this track features R&B crooner Jaheim, whom Nelly refers to as "the Teddy [Pendergrass] of our generation." Incidently, "My Place" is a re-working of the Pendergrass classic "Come On And Go With Me

LIsten to My Place

so yeah
Old 07-18-04, 07:24 PM   #2
miXed ToXinz
New to RB

IP: B4CE 38B2

im coo wit nelly just dont make a pimp juice remix ha

MixEd ToXinZ

Literally Ill
Battles
Old 07-18-04, 07:47 PM   #3
Hi-C
Flyweight

Text Record: 3-0
IP: A892 3A04

that song was horrible...nelly aint gonna be no better than he ever was..if he makes me eat my words then so be it but i seriously doubt thats ever gonna happen
Send a message via AIM to Hi-C Send a message via MSN to Hi-C   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-04, 07:59 PM   #4
FLooZe
.Don't Looze The Flooze.

Text Record: 8-7
IP: A621 A1C1

Fellow Citizens,Bad Boy Smelly will be releasing his two ultra gay albums September 14th entitled Sweat and Juice.He only released 2 albums with original material.With these two gay albums named Sweat and Juice will be 2 more added to Nelly's roster of 1 other remixx album of the same tracks appearing on Nelly's previous albums which,thankfully are both original material,entitled Country Grammar and Nellyville.So if Nelly does this at a pattern for the rest of his career,he'll end up having the 'Nobody what kinda genre this nigga is' award for releasing 20 albums but only 8 of them being of original material.Interesting figures,for such a famous best-selling artist.Who here thinks that Nelly will be thinking about his personal and creative changes put in his 12 remixx albums of his whole career? Who knows?? As long as Bad Boy can produce retarted remixes of remixes??

Well anyway Nelly's gay.

The Definition. period.
Send a message via MSN to FLooZe   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-04, 10:46 AM   #5
Trajed'ee
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-3
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: C1DA C961

Fuck Nelly and his commercial shit waterin down tha culture we love... HIP HOP... Lets clean it up...
Old 07-19-04, 07:28 PM   #6
FLooZe
.Don't Looze The Flooze.

^^werd,Nelly sucks dick.

The Definition. period.
Old 07-19-04, 08:30 PM   #7
Mikez
Light Weight

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: A87C A95F

i actually can appreciate his music......prolly cuz i listen to everything
Send a message via AIM to Mikez   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-04, 09:26 PM   #8
ill-uminatic
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 1E03 B472

he ain't tru hip-hop, hez commercial and be few rapperz that be played by white people and considered a pop star
Old 07-19-04, 10:06 PM   #9
Orijinal
Bitches I've Sonned

From: Orijinal, a young lyrical mind who loves tearin' other challengers heads off and put a loss onto their record. He hates losing, he hates cheaters, he hates crew votes, dickriding and any other way of letting others win easily. Holla at 'em.
Text Record: 5-2
IP: 2199 5F7D

Nelly whack. Only bitches love 'em now 'cuz he be makin' those club shits.
Old 07-19-04, 11:09 PM   #10
Karl Merks
Doesn't Belong Here.

IP: 95FF 1D86

This has classic written all over it. What you herbs talkin' about?
Old 07-19-04, 11:12 PM   #11
Da Vinci
THE COUNCIL

Text Record: 17-0
IP: 6D9E 466F

Not at a bad idea at all.. 2 albums.
Old 07-20-04, 01:20 AM   #12
FLooZe
.Don't Looze The Flooze.

Yeah,more money^^

The Definition. period.
Old 07-20-04, 12:11 PM   #13
cOkE
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orijinal
Nelly whack. Only bitches love 'em now 'cuz he be makin' those club shits.

^^HELL YEA. fuck that bitch...LOL
Old 07-24-04, 09:25 PM   #14
Lil Ry
New to RB

IP: EC0B 84C7

Nah, iz not a great rapper, hell I don't even kno if you can call wat he doin rap. But he do make aiight Albumz. 1
Old 07-24-04, 09:54 PM   #15
joel reckless
New to RB

be for real

IP: B41A A5BC

his first album was str8 but since then he went down hill for one thing he can't rap at all but he makes a good singer and thats wat he should stick to doing cuz if you have not notice he has not really been around lately cuz people got use to understaning wat a rapper says and you can't understand him at all and i don't care wat no one says cuz krs1 killed him cuz nelly's come back in roc the mic remix was wack cuz no one even knew he was dissing any one so there for he should stick to singing cuz at rap he sucks

Last edited by joel reckless : 07-24-04 at 09:58 PM.