RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-04, 10:45 PM   #1
System Crasher
"Ill Emcee"

Text Record: 6-4
2Pac .......... or Not...?¿

IP: C4F6 D169

What do you think about 2Pac ???..... Do you think he was a good respected rapper .... ro do you think he was a fake?....

I think he was a good worthy respected rapper.... He had nice songs about himself and I like the fact that he speaks the truth in all of his songs! ( Almost all of them... )

Old 09-08-04, 04:11 PM   #2
Nfamous
Flyweight

Text Record: 2-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 85B8 5CBF

somebody needs to whoop your simple ass for a question like that,he was the reallest out there at the time

P.S.
Fuck all ya'll bitches

lilkasper5@yahoo.com

http://hiphopdirectory.com

www.thugzprophesy.com

I'M DA REMIX OF TUPAC

&

THE SEQUAL TO LUDWIG van BEETHOVEN
Old 09-09-04, 01:56 PM   #3
Reflect
The Next Level

Text Record: 6-2
IP: 9806 A0F2

he's one of the illest ever you faggot ! he could still merk anyones ass even though he's dead !
Old 09-09-04, 01:58 PM   #4
Tha Phoenix
New to RB

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 2ACD 34F8

I'm going to say one word to you...

Herb

Ppl merked as of late:

X NaughtyBoy X got his ass handed back to him by tha phoenix, September 2k4
Old 09-10-04, 12:48 PM   #5
Nfamous
Flyweight

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC RaBbIt
he's one of the illest ever you faggot ! he could still merk anyones ass even though he's dead !

yo blood who in the fuck you talking to, you wanna see me about something bitch!?

P.S.
Fuck all ya'll bitches

lilkasper5@yahoo.com

www.thugzprophesy.com

I'M DA REMIX OF TUPAC

&

Old 09-10-04, 04:12 PM   #6
Reflect
The Next Level

Text Record: 6-2
IP: 0A8F D929

what the fuck are you rattlin on about?
Old 09-11-04, 04:01 PM   #7
X-§tatic
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-1
IP: C3A9 D9A7

uhhh...anyway...

tupac is the greatest and most respected emcee in history, PERIOD!
Send a message via AIM to X-§tatic Send a message via Yahoo to X-§tatic   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-04, 04:05 PM   #8
I.D.
..G Clique..

Text Record: 6-1
IP: 9EB2 5E16

^^ basically wut he said
Old 09-13-04, 12:32 PM   #9
Nfamous
Flyweight

hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC RaBbIt
what the fuck are you rattlin on about?

i'm talking to you hoe

P.S.
Fuck all ya'll bitches

lilkasper5@yahoo.com

www.thugzprophesy.com

I'M DA REMIX OF TUPAC

&

Old 09-13-04, 01:18 PM   #10
.Fatal Lyricist.
Banned: Cheating

IP: 6099 9647

i agree wit ma ma nigga nfamous cuz u hav to understand the music dat nigga makes na mean
Old 09-14-04, 02:40 PM   #11
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
IP: ED9F 61C9

he had some good songs, then he redid those songs over and over and over again and people still liked him. each CD was pretty much the same...thug track, party track, girl track, i love my momma/brothas/sistas track, then more thug tracks. wash, rinse, repeat.

he was ok, lyrics were sub par, very good cadence, had a somewhat socially conscious message hidden in some of his tracks.

was he good?...yes. did he sell millions?...yes. was he real or fake?...both, but most think he is so real because he got shot and glamorized being a thug.

pac was good, was he the best...no. i don't even consider him in contention of the best of all time. and really there never will be the greatest of all time because not everyone will agree. he may be the number one selling rap artist of all time as of now though.
Old 09-14-04, 03:07 PM   #12
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 0F34 AD1D

i disgree wit dren and by the way...this is a wack ass subject 4 a thread

u say pacs lyrics were crap bcos he didnt use long as words like nas or common sense or sumin bu thats vocab not lyrics..wat pac said in some of his songs was so real every1 in tha world cud feel wat he was saying..he represented a true voice of tha gutta that every1 cud identify wit....he was fake wat part? all his socially conscience were influenced by tha hood, news and his youth as a black pantha....as to pac recycling look at every1s album even like rakim or nas....every1 has a distribution of trax very few rappers hav a whole album of social shit cos at the end of tha day they in tha game to make paper and get up out tha hood u get me....as to him being in contention for tha greatest of all time there shud b no competition without pac cos to date i struggle to identify a rapper who has touched so many ppl, sold as many records and influenced tha world as he has and thats real. word to motha. Peace out

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 09-14-04, 03:19 PM   #13
Tha Phoenix
New to RB

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 68B3 CE04

That was well thought out and written. But it was also a bunch of bullshit.

Pac was a legend, for a reason. His lyrics were way above par, growing, changing, teaching. And he dropped dope album after dope album, the greatest being All Eyez on Me.

Of course he's going to rap in the same style, why? Because it was his style, his technique that seperated him from the rest. Its like saying it was a good thing that nas didn't stay the same as Illmatic; even though if he had he would probably be the third greatest rapper ever.

I'm not too sure you can say that all his albums were exactly the same anyway. You can't exactly say that Changes is a thug song, or trapped, or soulja. So Many tears isn't a party track, a love family track, or a girl track.
Its poetry. Unconditional Love is a girl track, kind of, but its original, and done well.

Also, name one rapper that made you think as much as Tupac did, or made you feel his emotions as good as Tupac. You might say that lyrically he isn't as good as such rappers as Pun, Nas, Rakim etc. But if you listen to songs like Heartz of Men, you see that his lyrics are on par with all these rappers.

Tupac never made a wack song either, Nas made wack songs, with Rakim people have an album they don't like, people don't say that about Pac.
Pac is the greatest, there might be a greater one later on.

Ppl merked as of late:

X NaughtyBoy X got his ass handed back to him by tha phoenix, September 2k4
Old 09-14-04, 03:57 PM   #14
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
IP: ED9F 61C9

ahhhhhh pac never made a wack song???? I personally like "what's ya phone number" but i doubt many on here do. he has made several wack songs. have you heard a lot of what he didn't release????

And yes, pac repeated himself constantly. he even reused words and phrases quite often. If you've heard one pac album you've heard them all except his first release which was on a more socially conscious note. the beats change, but the lyrics and messages in his tracks don't.

i said his lyrics were sub par because they are. the message may still be there, and it may be a good message, but he is not a great writer. he is not a great poet. read some good poetry and then read pac's lyrics...they don't compare much at all. you can call pac a poet for rhyming his words...but other than that, there is little that is poetic about his rhymes. 50 cent and pac write at about the same level...it's just that 50 isn't really on anything socially conscious or meaningfull. he just raps about parties and thuggin it out.

pac is very enjoyable to listen to. he had a few really hot tracks and a lot of really good ones. yes he is a rap legend, but he is not the best, nor near the best. you may like him and he may be your favorite, but he isn't close to being one of the greatest.
Old 09-14-04, 04:15 PM   #15
Nfamous
Flyweight

nigga who in the fuck is you, if i new were you was i'd blast your bitch ass. jhe may notbe the greatest but he's than you'll ever get. and on another note 50 cents and tupac and nowhere near on the same level. besides it's not about what you think it's about having respect for the niggaz you bite off of . you lill mark ass hoe.

P.S.
Fuck all ya'll bitches

lilkasper5@yahoo.com

www.thugzprophesy.com

I'M DA REMIX OF TUPAC

&