RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-05, 11:02 PM   #16
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: EDE3 0451

also, BOSE!?!?!? it's pronounced B-O-S-S u fuckin slim thug fucker

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 11:15 PM   #17
~Da_Illest~
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 0-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: A3EA 639E

i have 2 say it'z not about talent nemore if ur controversial & da media is hyping u up den dat determines record sales sorry 2 say but dat'z how it is
Old 01-22-05, 11:19 PM   #18
20 GraND
20/20 VisioN

Text Record: 13-7
Audio Record: 5-2
IP: DF88 4413

and what was the crunk musik from dipset, beat was dope but lyrics were garbage and chorus almost didnt exsist....

kidcard7692: cock-a-doodle niggaz
da916_nigga: I hate whites, blacks, and mexicans...but I love my greens
kidcard7692: Niggas dont eat sprinkles
kidcard7692: i just fell going up the stairs
Send a message via AIM to 20 GraND   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 03:01 PM   #19
MetEoR-K
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 866B 2D8E

Man, I guess if I wanna make it in rap I should just make a song and say "YEAH, WHAT, OKAY!" and mabey I'll get a deal...

Honestly I would like to be like Eminem or Jay-Z, I they are famous, and aren't just talking about how many cars they have or how many grenades they can fit up their ass, or how many drunk bitches they fucked and how many STDs came with it

But Since it won't be like that.... I mean a rapper who can rap about anything with incridible vocab can't make it, but a guy who drinks some pist and shouts "YEAH" can?
The Media sucks... so mabey I shouldn't worry about how much skill I have and how many rappers I can beat in a battle, as long as I can yell at them "OKAY"

Eminem was right when he said something like "Rap ain't a sport anymore..."

Sigh...

I'm in it for the sport! I like to get better, beat others faces in with words in battles, and freestyle like a mutha fucka... How many underground rappers make it big?
Old 01-24-05, 05:01 PM   #20
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

Text Record: 17-2
IP: 6C15 4D51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetEoR-K
Is it me, or are a lot of the famous emcees/rappers today just get fame because of how many times they've been shot in their face or how much drugs they sold in one day?

It doesn't seem like people with the skill are becoming famous because they aren't being shot in their face with a rocket launcher or something like that

I heard part of Slim Thugs 'Like A boss" or wahtever, and that song really sucked heh, I mean I think I could do better, and Lil' Jon.. I like him and everything but he doesn't really rap... heh

What you think

I feel the same way, and i see what you mean.. Especially with that song "Soldiers" by Destiny's Child, the hip hop main stream perpetuates the bad boy, street thug image too much.. i mean, it was fun back in the NWA and Death Row days, when it was real, and no body did it for attention or even bragged, they just reported what they saw.. But now, you got songs like "Soldiers" and you got 50 cent getting shot 9 times and bragging, Game got shot 5 times and repeats it over and over, it's like, you have to be a low life gangster, or you had to have gad a fucked up life with no father just to be taken serious in the industry..
Old 01-25-05, 12:28 AM   #21
MadProphet
^ > u

Text Record: 3-0
IP: 81E5 18AB

shit...gettin shot now is like gettin pussy, its all about bragging rights...

A: "i fucked three bitches last week"
B: "nigga you got no game, i fucked 8"

now its like

A: "nigga i got shot 4 times"
B: "you fuckin pussy nigga i got shot 9, twice in the face.....pussy, go get shot and come talk to me, you aint on my gettin shot level"

Get Soul-Clapped with Cold Raps
Freestyles with E-Style

1x Punchline League Champion

First Open Mic -" RV's State Of Mind"

Quote:
MC: Representative of Hip Hop Culture
Rapper: Representative of Corporate Interests
Send a message via AIM to MadProphet   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 11:59 AM   #22
Adrenaline
unknown legend...

Text Record: 7-13
IP: 0F40 8178

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadProphet

now its like

B: "you fuckin pussy nigga i got shot 9, twice in the face.....pussy, go get shot and come talk to me, you aint on my gettin shot level"

^^ ROTFL ROTFL...that's so fucking funny dawg!!

ehem* but seriously that's true man...WHAT??!! OKAY?!!
Old 01-25-05, 02:51 PM   #23
MetEoR-K
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 866B 2D8E

I don't see why that stuff is so important, I have a friend in my class who's been shoy, but it took me 2 years after knowing him before I found out, cuz he doesnt brag, he showed me scar too.

CEO: Damn, this song is off the hook dude, you can rap!
MC: Yeah, it's my thing y'know
CEO: So how many times you been shot?
MC: None...
CEO: Wtf? How long you been dealing drugs?
MC: Never....
CEO: Omg, when was your mom and dad killed?
MC: They aren't dead
CEO: Well then, why were you in jail?
MC: I wasn't!
CEO: Hmm, although your demo is the best I've ever heard, I'm gonna have to tell you to get out of my office....

Is it something liek that?

Should I lie if a person ever asks about my Demo =P
Old 02-04-05, 04:56 AM   #24
MC Virtuoso
New to RV

IP: DEEC 8168

Its the same with all genres of music.. Theres very few individuals and when someone does step out and do something different successfuly people copy that person too.. The music industry is an endless cycle of cheap replicas.
Send a message via MSN to MC Virtuoso   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 09:21 AM   #25
Cannibal Fetus
Baby Killah

IP: 9894 AD38

I am famous, bow down & suck me.
Send a message via MSN to Cannibal Fetus   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 11:11 AM   #26
Van Ished
Throwback Member

IP: 1964 2957

Lmao at ya'll take cheap shots at people you don't even know.

I have no problem with people liking a little bit of intellect in their raps, me personally I don't like Nas, Jay-Z, and 90% of the underground stuff I hear, even tho I do buy the albums (so don't gimmie some shit about I don't listen, everyone has different tastes). But majority of you are what? 14-16? How many of you actually know people in the industry?

While there are obviously gimmicks put out there to portray a "cultural image" of what rap is, majority of the people are real people. How would you feel if you got shot in the skull, lived and became a successful rapper? Would you not want people to know what you went through, and how would you feel about people saying your fake just because you got shot then got a deal? Obviously they could care less about what some message board critics have to say, the bottom line is they move crowds for a reason, someone saw somethin in them that was marketable and it worked, regardless of it being them gettin shot, them goin to jail, or them looking good, you can't hate the artist for the person that they are, but you can blame the people that push that topic in interviews and the fans that fall in love with that aspect of the artist.

Oh yeah, and Slim Thug is not just some overnight hype, people honestly should read up on guys before they start taking shots, I remember when 50 Cent was about to get big people on RB was like this guys pretty decent, didn't know he had only been rappin for 2-3 yrs, didn't know much besides he got shot. Now he's a message board joke to everyone. I still listen to and buys 50's albums. but anyway back to Slim, he's been rapping for about a good 8-9 yrs I'd say and national exposure isn't really a neccessity for him, he's already made a name for himself, this is jus that topping to finish off the desert. don't talk down on someone if you don't know shit about them

pz
Old 02-04-05, 11:56 AM   #27
Da_Throwdest

Text Record: 6-5

diz shit dats happenin in da music game now is complete waste of talent & of my time period except 4 a few groups
Old 02-04-05, 12:16 PM   #28
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Text Record: 70-13
IP: 28AD 5545

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadProphet

now its like

LMFOALMFAO I'm soo quoting that shit

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 03:22 PM   #29
Bout_Dat

Text Record: 0-0

it'z wack as hell it seems 2 b a conspiracy theory going on in da industry of music now
Old 02-04-05, 04:47 PM   #30
mil-townghost
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: FA75 D145

fuck the media if i hade skill i wouldnt go big i would stay underground and get my shit all around the streets in the us and englind. most rappers are pretty good before there famous but the money rouins them. the best rappers today are jay-z talib quallie mos def and naz they all stayed true to the streets. and any rapper who is a true legend whoud do the same. fuck 50 snoop g-unit (exsept game) slim thug chingy haha and all them stay true and dont sell out.