RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-05, 12:03 PM   #1
The Militant
www.militantmusic.com

The Game Dropped From G-unit

IP: CBD1 4982

i jeard on the news that the game got dropped from g-unit i dont know if hes dropped from aftermath or interscope but he was dropped from g-unit
heres what i got off allhiphop.com

50 Cent called into New York radio station Power 105 today (2/28) and announced his protégé The Game is no longer a part of G-Unit.

50 booted Game from his powerhouse rap outfit after the West Coast star appeared on Hot 97 with Funkmaster Flex this past Saturday and Angie Martinez this afternoon and refuted 50’s claim that he had a major hand in assisting Game with his debut, The Documentary.

The Game appeared on Hot 97 at the same time as 50 Cent was on Power 105 and was unaware of the announcement. It wasn’t until a caller phoned in and asked Game his thoughts on 50 Cent dissing him that the California rapper learned the news.

Game carefully avoided answering the question and responded by saying he would continue to make good music.

The next caller, however, challenged the Compton star and told him he wouldn’t be as successful without 50 Cent before Game retorted by telling the female fan to “suck it.”

In a recent interview with VIBE magazine, 50 stated he was brought in by Interscope Records to resurrect Game’s album, which according to 50 was on the verge of being shelved and Game being dropped from the label.

On Saturday, however, The Game told Funkmaster Flex that his status was never uncertain nor was He ever close to being let go by Dr. Dre or Interscope Chairman Jimmy Iovine.

“It was the truth,” an animated 50 Cent told Funkmaster Flex on Hot 97 this evening after his appearance on Power 105. “He was getting dropped. Why else would they let me be a partner on a project that [Interscope] had for two years?

“I’m so disappointed,” 50 continued. “This is crazy.”

Earlier today, The Game repeated his assertions and also noted his displeasure with 50 Cent for publicizing a shoving match the duo had.

The Game compared the situation to the spat between former teammates Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant, which often took place through the media.

Yet The Game seemed to overlook comments he made during a previous Hot 97 interview when he initially discussed his and 50 butting heads over the direction of his album.

50, however, explained to Funkmaster Flex that there was no physical confrontation of any kind.

“We ain’t never had no pushing and shoving match,” said 50. “That’s entertainment. I was trying to follow up with him and not make him look crazy by saying it didn’t happen. Because he says a lot of things and then turns around and takes it back.”

50 Cent then remarked on Game calling out Jay-Z while in Amsterdam and then quickly dissipating any rumors of beef between him and the Def Jam president once he returned.

He said Game called him from overseas to check on the status of any potential disagreement Jay-Z had. 50 never got in touch with Jay-Z, but received word from sources close to Jay that the emcee was just warning Game.

The Game recently returned from a European promotional tour for The Documentary and was confronted with reports of a growing riff between him and the rest of the G-Unit camp.

Although he downplayed the situation, the rapper revealed jealousy was playing a role in the information floating around between him and his former clique.

“I been hearing mixed things, getting mixed e-mails, getting phone calls, so I don't know the nature of where this is coming from,” Game told AllHipHop.com a few days ago. “I just got back from Europe so I haven't heard a lot of things and at then end of the day, some people are frustrated with the success of my album.”

50, on the other hand, felt just the opposite.

“I think he has a problem with my position,” 50 said. “I think he’d like to be 50 Cent. Like, the head of the situation. To be technical, I make more of his record than he does.”

50 added that he contributed at least six songs on The Documentary, including the chorus for “Church For Thugs.”

He called Game’s album his EP before it was the Cali rapper’s album. “I muted my vocals and gave him records.”

In a moment that perhaps foreshadowed Game’s departure from G-Unit, the rapper revealed on Saturday his intentions of recording with Nas, a nemesis of 50 Cent.

Funkmaster Flex questioned Game for aligning himself with Nas, but the rapper responded: “When I have beef it seems like I’m always by myself.”

50 told listeners Game might as well cut the track with Nas now.

As for the rest of G-Unit, Young Buck apologized to 50 Cent on air while at Power 105 for his lyrics regarding Game on “Let Me In” when he rapped “You ain’t no Blood like Game.”

“He’s just a rapper, he don’t live it, man,” said Buck. The Tennessee native then offered to “take care of him” referring to Game before 50 intervened and told him it wouldn’t be necessary

Lloyd Banks simply said: “He don’t move like we move.”

Meanwhile, Jadakiss and D-Block have confirmed that they are going to respond to 50 Cent’s disses in the song “Piggy Bank.” The Yonkers native called into DJ Clue’s radio show late Monday.

“I got a whole clip loaded up,” Jadakiss said of 50. “Half a dollar is nothing. I’ma destroy this dude.”

Joe called the rapper a “CB4 gangster” and quipped 50 has been beefing with Ja Rule for 4 years and hasn’t even slap boxed him yet.

During 50 Cent's interview, an unidentified man was shot outside of Hot 97’s offices in New York.

According to sources, the man was a 20-year-old Los Angeles male in 50 Cent’s entourage. 50 Cent and Olivia were immediately ushered out of a side exit to the building. Police are currently investigating the shooting and no suspects were available as of press time.

The victim was shot in his leg and taken to a Manhattan hospital for examination.
Old 03-01-05, 12:13 PM   #2
Adrenaline
unknown legend...

Text Record: 7-13
IP: 928B 1485

yo I was gonna post sumpthing like this but u did it first and with a WHOLE lot more info...damn ur really into this...I only read like the first 2 paragraphs...dat shit is long...I'll probably read the rest of it later...

the game was over before he started...lol...well I dont know...im just tryin to be funny I dont really care whether he stays in hip hop or not...u know...but u might disagree...
Old 03-01-05, 12:28 PM   #3
The Militant
www.militantmusic.com

IP: CBD1 4982

in about 30 mins im droppin an open mic dissin the g-unit and east...west side wake up
Old 03-01-05, 12:52 PM   #4
Ma$fit
Cus I Jus Ma$fit Dis Shit

Text Record: 0-1
IP: EAE8 4AFC

yeah...50 cent is a lie...he told tha vibe dat he did have a push or two wit game...it was because game didnt follow instructions...then they say game told vibe dat he was neva wit g-unit...he repped to get albums sold...he said jimmy cut his check, not 50...i believe game is now wit aftermath...dis shit is interesting...and yall hear bout tha diss track 50 got bout game...its odd to me...aint heard it for myself though...and i also KNOW dat d-block is gone murk 50...shit is mad yo...damn

Ma$fit
Send a message via AIM to Ma$fit   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 01:11 PM   #5
BiG WhiztlEr
MilLioNaIrE GaNg$tA

From: im 4rm dat killafornia $ac town come over and get a lil ta$te of thiz 9 1 $icne$$ the land where $crap$ get put on their back$
Text Record: 0-0
IP: 88A7 9627

wat the fuk 50 iz finna fall of completely mayn i swear to god he iz mayn
Old 03-01-05, 01:11 PM   #6
MaRVJay
aMERiKaZ NiGHTMaRE!

Text Record: 57-24
IP: 3240 794D

lol dammm g unit is ova with now man banks is wack buck is wack 50 is aight...i knew buck was gon hate on game cuzz he sold more records than him...but im waitin 4 game and nas 2 drop some shit about 50..and i heard about dat jada shit i heard its serious...
"Wordz Ahgod has DECLINED this battle on 12-20-06 09:49 PM.

This thread has been automatically closed."

^^he's scared.lol
Send a message via AIM to MaRVJay   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 01:23 PM   #7
BiG WhiztlEr
MilLioNaIrE GaNg$tA

From: im 4rm dat killafornia $ac town come over and get a lil ta$te of thiz 9 1 $icne$$ the land where $crap$ get put on their back$

it probably iz but i wanna see either buck or 50 knock the fuk outa game
Old 03-01-05, 01:51 PM   #8
YuNG TiLT
:.: W/S werd :.:

IP: E3CA 7CA2

i dont think thats likely to happen...but ne ways that's how it is in the game...peoples egos get tha best of them and then ur fuckin crew will turn on you...Buck is a bitch...Banks looks like a cartoon character...and 50 juss has minimum power over G-Unit...and Game was startin to like wat 50 had...feelz me

but yea that Nas and Game track is going to be hot, and i think the Game is going to be successful either way it goes

Eazy Duz It Bitch...or get Popped

Send a message via AIM to YuNG TiLT Send a message via Yahoo to YuNG TiLT   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 02:16 PM   #9
BiG WhiztlEr
MilLioNaIrE GaNg$tA

i really dont care for the situation but its true niggaz game waz a stripper
and 50 just happen to be "in da club"
Old 03-01-05, 02:20 PM   #10
YuNG TiLT
:.: W/S werd :.:

ur a dumbass blood

rofl...lmao

Eazy Duz It Bitch...or get Popped

Send a message via AIM to YuNG TiLT Send a message via Yahoo to YuNG TiLT   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 04:43 PM   #11
Shorty#1
Shorty

Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0

who cares g-unit started out with banks and young buck it should stay that way next thing you know there is like 50 members that not original that what i think they aing that good anyways
Old 03-01-05, 09:49 PM   #12
Willa
Bann The Deed NOT The Breed

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 12D4 93F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG WhiztlEr
wat the fuk 50 iz finna fall of completely mayn i swear to god he iz mayn

lol 50 fall off games album wouldnt have sold as much without 50 50 aint the best lyricist btu hes on top of the game record sales wise 50 doesnt need game 50 has water shoes clothin his album that will sell maany more records that game and he has the best selling group out a female artist who will probably be on of the top female artists not because shes the best but becauuse being associated with 50 cent means respect and money
i dont like 50 cent
ill listen to game b4 i do him but games lyrics arent that tight really hes too wannabe as well as the rest of g unit however theyve made their name in the rap game already no matter what they say is going to sell records for sometime

O.Y.D.
Old 03-01-05, 10:01 PM   #13
Ma$fit
Cus I Jus Ma$fit Dis Shit

IP: B6F3 F93A

^^^nice wordin willa...werd 2 dat
-DB

Ma$fit
Send a message via AIM to Ma$fit   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 11:15 PM   #14
Frank~Castle
New to RV

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 5A2F BAE8

I feel like Game is being used 4 promo stunts,and it isnt jus irony that right before 50's album drops,he foes an disses Game.An really I see nothin worth beefin bout in the public eye makin any sense.Unless its for album sales,and 50 needs controversy ta sell.WE all know that the Ja shit was gettin old.

50's doin what he does best......being a Studio personality!!!

10% talent
90% bullshit

GAME is gonna keep sellin regardless

Urs Trully,
Frank
Old 03-02-05, 06:55 PM   #15
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: A03F 0058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty#1
who cares g-unit started out with banks and young buck it should stay that way next thing you know there is like 50 members that not original that what i think they aing that good anyways

yayo was there too

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote