RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-05, 09:46 PM   #1
Stanza
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 28-15
Exclamation Moderate Earthquake Shakes Southern California - Can You Read it all?

IP: 0825 899A

well it all Started In ...

YUCAIPA, Calif. (June 16) - A moderate earthquake shook most of Southern California Thursday, startling people and knocking items off shelves and desks, but there were no immediate reports of significant damage or injuries.

The early afternoon quake had a magnitude of 4.9 and was centered near Yucaipa in San Bernardino County, east of Los Angeles, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. About 25 aftershocks followed in a little over an hour, the strongest estimated at magnitude 3.5.

Residents reported shaking from Los Angeles to San Diego and in counties to the east. Rock slides were reported on Highway 38 in the San Bernardino Mountains.

"All of a sudden I heard a loud rumbling sound, kind of like thunder," said Nick Brandes, 25, manager of a store in Yucaipa. "At the front, all the customers were in a panic. They were all just in a hurry to get out."

Andrea Cabrera, an employee at the Walgreens drug store in Yucaipa, said the store "just had a few items falling, that's all." Customers "were just stunned, and they just stood there," she said.

The Los Angeles Fire Department received no immediate reports of major damage, spokesman Brian Humphrey said. None of Southern California Edison's 4.6 million customers lost power.

It was the third significant quake to hit California this week: A magnitude-5.2 quake shook Riverside County on Sunday, and a magnitude-7.0 quake struck Tuesday under the ocean 90 miles off Northern California.

Thursday's quake occurred near the San Andreas Fault but not on it, said Lucy Jones, scientist in charge of the U.S. Geological Survey office in Pasadena. She said the quake was not a direct aftershock from Sunday's temblor.

"This is not an unusual level of earthquake activity," Jones said of the state's recent quakes.

Channon Kelly, 31, was eating her lunch in downtown Los Angeles when Thursday's quake hit.

"I almost jumped out of my seat," Kelly said. "I'm starting to get freaked out. We've had so many in the last week, the one Sunday and then in Northern California. I could hear the windows rattling and feel it all
By the Numbers

Preliminary magnitude of the quake centered near Yucaipa in San Bernardino County Thursday.

Number of aftershocks that followed Thursday's quake.

Magnitude of the quake that hit 90 miles off the Northern California coast Wednesday.

Magnitude of the quake that shook the Anza area of Riverside County Sunday.
Send a message via AIM to Stanza Send a message via Yahoo to Stanza   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 09:53 PM   #2
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: EBC9 87F2

"can you read it all?" that wasnt very long at all...but werd...no quakes in nova scotia

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 09:55 PM   #3
Stanza

Yeah I jsu said that Lil can You read it all so People would read it all LOL
Send a message via AIM to Stanza Send a message via Yahoo to Stanza   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 09:59 PM   #4
YuNG TiLT
:.: W/S werd :.:

IP: 5133 4060

I think its the beginnin of the end.....we all gon die like those people in those movies where there is no hope for mankind.......rictor scales goin off the chart.....massive tidal waves.....heat around 100 and its hailin 3 inch ice cubes and shit....ya'll betta start prayin....
.....reel shit
.count ya blessins!

Eazy Duz It Bitch...or get Popped

Send a message via AIM to YuNG TiLT Send a message via Yahoo to YuNG TiLT   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 10:00 PM   #5
Stanza

Wowo Tilt I Never Thought of it like that

Lemme Go and play ...I Mean Pray LOL
Old 06-16-05, 11:53 PM   #6
Spunk Master Sex
My Skills>Your Skills

Text Record: 3-5
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C44A F9C4

San Bernardino = where I live

I was gunna come on and tell yall about it, but I had to go get some pussy. Which I didn't end up getting.

But yeah, my brothers were shook and a couple things fell down and broke but it wasn't THAT bad. I didn't feel any aftershocks but it's all good.

(it hurts like a bitch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BEAM
OVERALL-WORDSCAPE MURDERED HIM BY FAR...THIS WAS A ONE WAY BATTLE TO ME..BUT ITS ALL GOOD..
Old 06-17-05, 12:05 AM   #7
Sinikal..45
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 2929 AF98

yall can stop talkin bout this now
Old 06-17-05, 12:21 AM   #8
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: 8BAE E7C8

ya wen i heard about dat i got hella scared cuz i thoguht i was gonna die lol

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 12:36 AM   #9
Spunk Master Sex
My Skills>Your Skills

Text Record: 3-5
IP: C44A F9C4

Like, f'real, I think some shits gunna happen. There have been 3 earthquakes in Cali that I know about, in the past week. Shits crazy.

(it hurts like a bitch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BEAM
OVERALL-WORDSCAPE MURDERED HIM BY FAR...THIS WAS A ONE WAY BATTLE TO ME..BUT ITS ALL GOOD..