RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-05, 06:12 PM   #1
Os1ris
[ a.k.a Os ]

Text Record: 2-0
50 Cents Claims HE Is The Reason Kanye Is Successful

IP: F519 0F67

"Everybody feels a way about K/ But at least y'all feel something," Kanye West raps about himself on "Bring Me Down," a track from his new LP. Some detractors have said West talks too much. 50 Cent, however, is one person who says he wants to hear a

"After 50 Cent, [hip-hop fans] was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West." — 50 Cent

little bit more from West.

"He puts together witty phrases and he's a great talent as a producer, but I still don't know who Kanye West is when I listen to him," 50 said recently in Miami. "By listening to the record, I don't know who he is — I know he's been in a car accident, that's what I know."

50 had been talking about how Mase was a perfect fit for G-Unit Records (see "50 And Mase: The Pastor Isn't Officially G-Unit Yet, But A Song Is Already Out"), but he then offered some unsolicited opinions about Kanye and why the Louis Vuitton Don has been one of the few MCs to sell major units in the last few years.

"I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me," he said. "After 50 Cent, [hip-hop fans] was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."

Since his trip to Miami for the VMAs, 50 has taken off — to Europe, where he and the G-Unit are on a tour that's slated to conclude in London on October 16 (see "50 Cent Touring Europe To Make Up For Anger Management 3 Cancellation"). When 50 returns, he'll be promoting his movie, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," and its accompanying soundtrack. Afterward, rather than heading into the studio to record a new LP, 50 said he might return overseas to build up his international fan base.

"My next album, I don't know [when it'll come out]," he said. "You think [the people] need a break? I may have to give them a break. I want to see what they do if I sit down for a minute. When I say 'sit down,' I don't mean I won't be active — I'll leave the U.S. for a little while. I'll go outside the country and start developing my base outside the country a little more while they think I'm at home chillin' — then I'll come back and finish them off."

It's not like he's leaving his fans in the lurch, though: He just re-released The Massacre with bonus material, and "Get Rich" is slated for release on November 9.

"The music is great," he said, smiling, about the soundtrack. "I feel they should anticipate the soundtrack like they should anticipate the next 50 Cent album. I got great performances from each one of the artists: Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck, Mobb Deep, Olivia, M.O.P. I was able to let them work, and while they're recording their albums, I took my favorite records from them, like, 'Oh, that's hot. Let me put that on my soundtrack.' I took my favorite records."

50 admits that collecting the hottest records for his soundtrack was a little selfish, but he wanted to make a soundtrack that stands the test of time — besides, he's the boss.

"I put the people closest to me on it," he added of the album. "I don't have a lot of friends. When I look around, I play a role different from the average friend. Your friend is somebody you have a personal relationship with, but your friend doesn't actually employ you. Sometimes I'm sure they would like to tell me '50, would you shut the f--- up!' Or 'Get out of here!' But they don't tell me that 'cause I employ them."

Tony Yayo's debut, Thoughts of a Predicate Felon, will debut at #2 on the Billboard albums chart next week. M.O.P. is in the studio. Mobb Deep say they have an abundance of material recorded and are in the process of discussing which songs to include on their next LP (see "50 Cent Wants To Sign Mobb Deep, M.O.P. To G-Unit Records" and "Mobb Deep Lose Label Deal — And They're 'Thrilled' "). Olivia just filmed a video for her next single, "So Sexy," in Miami with her entire musical family; her debut LP, Behind Closed Doors, is slated for release this fall.
Old 09-08-05, 06:46 PM   #2
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: D673 57C3

50 cent is really lettin things get to his head.....
1st he says that the original 50 cent's family is just tryin to make money off the name that 50 (the rapper) took from him
then he says that he's the only reason game's cd was dope
then he says that diddy changed his name to be more like him
n now he'/s sayin that he's responsible for kanye's success too....

and lmfao @ 50 sayin that kanye talks to much about bein in a car accident.... 50 raps in every 1 of his songs bout gettin shot...

soundtrack is gonna be dope, tho
Old 09-08-05, 08:17 PM   #4
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

yeah thas exactly what i was thinking, how fucking dare 50 say that all we know about him is that he was in a car accident.. yeah right, all we know about 50 is that he got shot 9 times and he's a P-I-M-P.... wtf 50?

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 09-08-05, 08:39 PM   #5
DoContinue
(TeamOne)

IP: C8AE A315

so if we believe all that 50 cent says... we can assume that he's God... he got shot a bajillion times and didnt die... and he's the reason that everyone does every single move they make... he's why Puff=Diddy... he's why Game's Cd was better than his, he's why kanye is popular even tho they were never even in tha same studio together...
so... from tha information we already know, i think its safe to assume that...
1)Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans bc it thought 50 was gonna be there so tha hurracane wanted to steal his vibe
2) The twin towers were knocked down because 50 was too popular and new york needed somethin to take the attention away from him...
3) RV was started so we could all emulate 50 cent and try to rap like him
4) John F. Kennedy was put on tha half dollar coin because he figured if people liked 50 cent, then JFK would become popular for having a similar monetary value...
and finally
5) 50 cent is responsible for the rising murder rate in America... not because he is killing people himself, but because he made getting shot popular...In a quote from Vibe Magizine 50 says," I'm the reason niggaz is gettin shot these days. See, before 'Get Rich or Die Tryin', nobody was gettin shot. I dont even think guns existed. But when i put my album out there, niggaz was like ' man, that 50 cent shit is hot. i wanna be just like him.' So they went out and got they asses shot. They didnt get shot because of no drug money or nothin like that. They got shot because they wanna be like 50 cent and steal his vibe. Naw nigga, dont ask me why 50 cent is talkin in third person. I am God, Nigga."
and that is why 50 cent= god...
Old 09-08-05, 09:23 PM   #6
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoContinue
so if we believe all that 50 cent says... we can assume that he's God... he got shot a bajillion times and didnt die... and he's the reason that everyone does every single move they make... he's why Puff=Diddy... he's why Game's Cd was better than his, he's why kanye is popular even tho they were never even in tha same studio together...
so... from tha information we already know, i think its safe to assume that...
1)Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans bc it thought 50 was gonna be there so tha hurracane wanted to steal his vibe
2) The twin towers were knocked down because 50 was too popular and new york needed somethin to take the attention away from him...
3) RV was started so we could all emulate 50 cent and try to rap like him
4) John F. Kennedy was put on tha half dollar coin because he figured if people liked 50 cent, then JFK would become popular for having a similar monetary value...
and finally
5) 50 cent is responsible for the rising murder rate in America... not because he is killing people himself, but because he made getting shot popular...In a quote from Vibe Magizine 50 says," I'm the reason niggaz is gettin shot these days. See, before 'Get Rich or Die Tryin', nobody was gettin shot. I dont even think guns existed. But when i put my album out there, niggaz was like ' man, that 50 cent shit is hot. i wanna be just like him.' So they went out and got they asses shot. They didnt get shot because of no drug money or nothin like that. They got shot because they wanna be like 50 cent and steal his vibe. Naw nigga, dont ask me why 50 cent is talkin in third person. I am God, Nigga."
and that is why 50 cent= god...

That is so tru. I was thinking the same thing.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-05, 09:26 PM   #7
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 2049 583B

THIS JUST IN: 50 cent is GAY!!
ROFL LmAO IMSOBLAQ!!!!!

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-05, 09:32 PM   #8
JRoy
I'm Back HOEBAG

IP: 23DF D68F

dont matter he still makes music that'll bump in my ride..thats all i ask for...

^^Kids Are Stupid On The Internet Like This...lol

My Alias Names
--------------
ub2ez
Infector Mindz
Natural Instincts
JRoy
Past Tense
Old 09-09-05, 12:17 AM   #9
ThA NoToRiOuS D
Light Weight

Text Record: 4-5
IP: D9C0 9685

werd up man 50 is actin like a lil bytch man wtf he dun even kno wtf he saiin man he juss poppin mad lip so he cud sound educated n shyt da ni99as a herb werd up holla at me 1

Deviously Devine Designs
Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

(2)Me vs. wyteknyte(2)

(1)Me vs. Flow Verse(1)
Send a message via AIM to ThA NoToRiOuS D Send a message via MSN to ThA NoToRiOuS D Send a message via Yahoo to ThA NoToRiOuS D   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 05:42 PM   #10
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: 38B5 0CC0

how the fuck is 50 responsible for kanye's success! loool kanye basically made his own career
Old 09-09-05, 06:08 PM   #11
IllestFreestyler
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7541 635F

Kanye is 5 times better than 50 cent
Send a message via AIM to IllestFreestyler   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 06:24 PM   #12
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

BTW My comment was sarcastic. I don't want beef cuz 50 haters wanna gang on me. Cuz killin 50 lovers is usually easy. I hate 50. See me. lol
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 06:39 PM   #13
L.I.
Miss Me?

Text Record: 61-14
IP: 52E0 CC1D

50 cent sucks lmao.

Crhyme Sindicate
Send a message via AIM to L.I.   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 07:37 PM   #14
Lay-z
HAHAHAHAH!..i onno

Text Record: 0-1