RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-05, 06:15 PM   #106
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteri
i dont see whats so bad about white people sayin ''nigga'' it doesnt offend me and if it offend otha black people than they shouldnt say it either i mean come on whats the point of getting mad about it

I could explain it to you on aim. This thread is dead.
Old 10-04-05, 06:24 PM   #107
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
I could explain it to you on aim. This thread is dead.

so now ur point of view is better than everyone elses?

pssf
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-05, 06:26 PM   #108
Tha Q.
OYD

Originally Posted by Mysteri
i dont see whats so bad about white people sayin ''nigga'' it doesnt offend me and if it offend otha black people than they shouldnt say it either i mean come on whats the point of getting mad about it

^^Do you know the history of that word dawg?
Old 10-04-05, 06:29 PM   #109
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
IP: C83A 8EB7

wow at 100 posts in less than a day
but... back on topic....
i'm white n i just dont say the word cause it makes me feel uncomfortable sorta. ive gotten to the point where i dont even think of race, if i see two people who i dont kno n there of different races (eg. 1 black, 1 white) i think the same of both of them. i aint racist at all, and i dont want to be seen as one, which is y i dont use the n-word at all... but by principle, both views seem 2 make sense... if i was black it wud make sense to want ppl not 2 use a word that was invented 4 derogatory use towards blacks... and i can also understand y some1 wudnt mind if a white person sed it in a friendly way to 1 of their friends... basically i think its a personal thing 4 different ppl
Old 10-04-05, 06:30 PM   #110
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
so now ur point of view is better than everyone elses?

pssf

No all the active posters in this thread have stopped. That's why I said the thread is dead and not "stop posting here". So pssf back at you.
Old 10-04-05, 06:31 PM   #111
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KSR-
wow at 100 posts in less than a day
but... back on topic....
i'm white n i just dont say the word cause it makes me feel uncomfortable sorta. ive gotten to the point where i dont even think of race, if i see two people who i dont kno n there of different races (eg. 1 black, 1 white) i think the same of both of them. i aint racist at all, and i dont want to be seen as one, which is y i dont use the n-word at all... but by principle, both views seem 2 make sense... if i was black it wud make sense to want ppl not 2 use a word that was invented 4 derogatory use towards blacks... and i can also understand y some1 wudnt mind if a white person sed it in a friendly way to 1 of their friends... basically i think its a personal thing 4 different ppl

Ha smart man here.
Old 10-04-05, 06:36 PM   #112
Tha Q.
OYD

O...and Dabatos...to truly answer ur question...if someone who was obvioulsy white said Nigger in my presence, I'd give them the "U MUST BE DUMB" look...and if they had something to say, I'd correct them on the spot...that's the best way to handle that situation...esp. if it's someone you're gonna be constantly around and not just a stranger.
Old 10-04-05, 06:58 PM   #113
Big City
Metropolis

IP: 6D77 93CD

wit me it dont really matter, but it gets on my nerves when white people use it just bcuz they think it sounds cool. but not all white people are like that tho. But some people think its a generation gap. lik emy parents would hate to hear anybody, black or white to say it, but im from a different generation where the word was given a positive connotation.
i aint gon lie. im racist as hell. but if you are equally racist to everybody then you good. nah mean

Old 10-04-05, 07:02 PM   #114
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big City
wit me it dont really matter, but it gets on my nerves when white people use it just bcuz they think it sounds cool. but not all white people are like that tho. But some people think its a generation gap. lik emy parents would hate to hear anybody, black or white to say it, but im from a different generation where the word was given a positive connotation.
i aint gon lie. im racist as hell. but if you are equally racist to everybody then you good. nah mean

gud luck running "THAT" business.
Old 10-04-05, 09:17 PM   #115
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 37D7 A13D

In my hood if you white and you say nigga to a black man(like me) they be ganging all up on you...they dont care if a hispanic person says it....

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-05, 09:28 PM   #116
Magic5

IP: 2361 1E5E

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.C.
I love how as soon as i make a point nobody actually responds to it tho, they just talk about some kind of technicality in what i said or some shit.

I know.. it's almost like people get off the net every once in a while and shit.
Old 10-04-05, 09:31 PM   #117
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.C.
and i also meant to say played the word out......

as in the fact that before recently, blacks werent the ones using this word, so yes... i asked if he's ever heard of pre-1900 history by saying that "black people" played the word out.
and im the idiot?

wow, i just looked up at this whole 4th page... and Mim?
*brushes off nuts*

Black people played the slang version of the word out. In slavery times I doubt many slave owners would go up and be like "wassup, my nigga!"

But yeah, are a complete idiot and it's quite humorous when you toss in those gay ass closers thinking you just 'owned' me or something.
Old 10-04-05, 09:32 PM   #118
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
all I know is...when that nigg"a" becomes nigg"er"...we DEF. got a problem...and somebody gettin their ass kicked most likely...

esp. a white person who says it around balck people...

but..come on people...who are we kidding? we all know white folk still use that word

I'd have no problem using it to get a fight started.. other then that.. I'd probably pass on the -er ending.
Old 10-04-05, 09:35 PM   #119
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
Jesus christ. White people need to stop thinking about the word. OMG is it eating up people that much that they can't say one word? You can't restrict yourself from saying one fuckin word knowing it offends somebody? Are you fuckin serious? Little ass kids... you people need to grow the fuck up. YES YOU PEOPLE.Stop making guess about a group of people. SHUT THE FUCK UP. God damn it I hate this country.

If you hate the country.. move the fuck out. Seriously. People do it all the time. If you hate this shit so fucking bad, why the fuck you still here?

And yeah, I think it's stupid one word is restricted from my vocabulary when another race claims they and only they have the right to say it.

But of course, I need to grow up because my arguement is complete bullshit and I'm just ignorant.

^^ Now you don't even need to post a reply.. I got your back, yo.
Old 10-04-05, 09:40 PM   #120
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
and 1% is mimesis. Mimesis doesnt care about black people. [/kanye]

Haha. It ain't like that, for real. I just think it's stupid that a word that is used for fucking slang now-a-days can be limited only to one race.

So, in that sense, I could really give a fuck less what anybody thinks about my word choice when I talk to my friends or make jokes and shit.