RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-05, 09:23 AM   #31
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 171A DF80

freestyling isnt a nececity... and yes when freestyling ppl do spit written lines at times, freestyling is spittin summin off the top of your head.

ill usually make 4 lines in my head to get me goin, then continue from there.. every now n then spit a written line or couplet if my mind goes abit jus to help me get on track, n theres times its not intended.... but its expected when u freestyle.

but freestyling has its advantages, cos freestyle takes raw skill to do effectively, n it comes in handy for battles(which is another good way to get ur name heard), cyphers, feedin off what sum1 said previously or what sum1 is wearing or whatever, or where u are havin the cypher... if ppl see u bringin maaad skills with freestyles n they know it is cos of what ur sayin bein appropriate to there and then so it bein impossible to pre-write, people will be like "damn, if u can do that freestylin, i need to see what ur like when u write"
Old 11-03-05, 09:27 AM   #32
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

^^Eehhh...I repect freestyler cuz it is a skill...but I value writing songs...that's my strength

but I feel where you're coming from
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-05, 02:59 AM   #33
ILL LOGIKAL
New to RV

IP: 6FA7 7304

Whats good playaz,

Here are some tips I found worked along the way to my mediocre stardom (jk).

There are two tools you MUST have nowadays.
1. Fax machine. This is your new best friend. Because it allows you to travel to another place which is 20km or 1000km away and drop off a flyer advertising your services. In other words, you can fax organizations/companies, etc a poster of yourself promoting your tour/show. Make sure you include the basics. WHO WHAT WHEN (anytime) and HOW (to get in touch with you or where you can find more info which leads to #2.)

2. INTERNET. Build a website or homepage (as long as it looks good and NOT cheesy). One thing I learned in college was anyone can have a million-dollar looking company on the internet if its made properly. If its not million-dollar quality, then make sure it looks decent.
- Get a domain name.
- Get a mailing list.
- With the internet (which you all obviously have) you can search clubs in your surrounding area, out of state/province, and other venues. Obtain phone numbers, fax numbers, emails, etc.

Another good tip is "No one else is gonna do it for you." (unless your're lucky enough to sign a deal)>>> I got cats signed and all that, but if they don't put in work, then shits not gonna get done. I do my part, but you have to do yours as well if you want it bad enough. Determination is key.

BUT I can't kick you outta bed and tell you to go hustle...You need the drive and gutso to go out there and talk to people. I HATE networking, it ain't my thing but I recently went out to an evetn and sucked up my pride and approcahed some people. Gave out a few free CDs (remember not all your CDs are for profit) to promo, and lo and behold I had a few moer people interested in what I was doing. At the beginning of this event I had nonbody interested cuz nobody really knew me. UNTIL I stepped up and did a bit of networknig, handed out business cards, CDs, shook hands, etc.

Our popularity as a group stems from the first nation communities in Canada. Mostly by word of mouth and referrals. We don't do the club thing, not our style. But props to Dooms for droppin that info regarding that.

peace
ILL
REDDNATION
REDD ROCC RECORDS

REDD ROCC RECORDS REDDNATION
Send a message via MSN to ILL LOGIKAL   Reply With Quote