RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-05, 09:33 AM   #16
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A6FC E9D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMATIK™
Wow ... Maybe you're listening to the wrong songs. (it has to be something)

I agree about the "Biting" ... but thats Hip Hop these days,hate it or love it. Recycling is the key that they use to generate good music.

But i like Jay,minus all the lines that he flips/takes from Pac,biggie,nas,etc ... He's pretty good lyrically. And his approach on the mic is better than more than half the rappers out today,thas why he gets so much respect.

And the "Rappers with skill" that you named are all really just some deep lyrically type cats,so i can see why you'll dislike the people that you do (50,game,dipset,etc)

But theres a WHOLE nother side of music minus all the deep lyrics and witty lines,and that side of music if what te people want right now.

Thats why people say "Hip Hop is Dyng" ... no it's not. It's just going through a change. The south runs shit right now, and people who just like music because of the lyrics are mad at hip hop these days.

But iont know ... people have there opinions.I respect that ...

I'm sorry dude.. But I have to call bullshit right there..

1: Biting and recycling is NOT cool.. Never was, never will be just "the thing" or "thats hip hop these days" cause when you start acting like that, then thats where the quality of rap just drops and becomes pop..
2: I swear the next person who pulls the "oh your just into deep lyrical rappers" card needs to get their head checked.. The exact reason I DONT like dipset, 50, game etc is because the music they make is boring and repeditive and on a MUSIC level the shit is just straight up poppy rotational garbage..
3: Hip hop is NOT dying, its right now at a bigger stage than it has ever been at and is growing every year.. What is dying, is origionality, innovation, musical credibility and yes.. Lyricism.

Now yeah, I can see why you say Jay is better than most rappers out there these days.. The mainstream is full of pop bullshit.. And I can actually agree that I would rather listen to Jay Z than a lot of mainstream cats these days.. But I dont respect him on a rap level.. His shit is boring and un-origional..

The rap industry these days has been fucked over by people like that.. Now a days cats need to either fit the gangsta steriotype, or the pretty boy pop rapper steriotype to actually get somewhere over there.. I'm telling you right now, it has nothing to do with skill or talent anymore.. It has to do with do you look decent and does your voice sound ok.. Thats ALL.. And this is straight up cause wack cats like Jay Z and puffy got all big and powerful after everyone else that was running shit either died or fell off..

And dont act like I dont understand music cause that just is NOT the case here...

Last edited by Nostradamus : 11-17-05 at 09:37 AM.
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 09:40 AM   #17
Shade of Eden
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: AEE8 69E1

and i think thats pretty damn accurate, well done.

sage francis has some cool stuff to listen too

shadowed surroundings, where hope seems so bleak
but its in that darkness, you find the light which you seek