RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-06, 09:11 AM   #46
iWitness
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5D2B CB2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
it's up to the individuals to come out of the situation they are in... i'm the black sheep of my family... my mom did drugs... my dad was an alcoholic... i wanted more... i made the honor roll in school.. joined the military... did some college... had a family.... bought a house and two cars... i had a vision of what i wanted... once you have a vision you need a plan.... once you have a plan you need to execute... once you execute the plan you need to stay focused and keep ya eyes on the prize... you do that and ya get results... nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough.... the race factor is a cop out.. and yes, i'm black... and yes i still have goals i want to accomplish... and yes ya better believe omma make it happen...

on one hand i can understand where ya coming from by saying the country is controlled by "the man".. but at the same time if you ain't gon try and do sumn to remedy the situation the you have no reason to be mad... are you attending boycotts?... are you writing to your congressman?... are you pursuing a higher education? are you forming groups in your community to get people off they asses and do sumn about the crime in the neighborhoods you live in?... if not then all you doing is waiting for the same dude you complaining about to come clean ya shyt up for you...

start in your own backyard.... what good is a list of complaints/problems if you ain't got any possible solutions?

word......

Old 06-18-06, 09:11 AM   #47
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 42C3 2EB8

^ Co-Sign That...lol...agree with I.G
Old 06-18-06, 09:17 AM   #48
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 67D5 4B8C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict_NYC
Black people everywhere are not a minority, Africa is full of poverty....

Russia's full of poverty....
Old 06-18-06, 09:20 AM   #49
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: B8B4 D1AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
YO, you keep on preaching like that...

Because there are literally thousands of rich black people out there tonight putting food on the table paid for with their good jobs...

Not everyone in your race is struggling pal... Just like 'the white man' is a patheticxally stupid generalisation considering not all white people are in power.

did you read anything that i wrote? seriously did you? black people AS A WHOLE have a harder time providing for themselves in this country. and that is due to the views and perspecitves from my countries history. not every ppportunity and open door given to a white person will be given to a black person for the better. so black people have to strive even harder to come up out their situation. you obviously have a lot of learning to do about the United States there son. and no not all white men are in power. but in my countries history it has been that way FOR A LONG TIME. and for the most part. who has always been the president of the united states...oh yea a white man....that may change this next upcoming election, but thats an if.

and one more thing..i'm not generalizing white people here pal. i'm telling you what is the truth. are you even from america? i don't know if you are. but if you was then you wouldn't be making ignorant statments like you are. are you black...more then likely not. so once again.....go take a sociology class on the society of america.....you need it.....so untill you can actually say something that directly represents reality, your just another lost mothafucka with no clue

and one more thing...your little bit about more white people are in poverty then blacks....your right....but what your dumbass isn't right about is the percentage ratio....BIG DIFFERENCE THERE SONNY.....much larger black poverty percentage then white......why is that?..inequality. and don't tell me that they just need to work hard and get out their situation...i'm quite sure most of them are....but did anything ring a bell to you on why a larger percentage of black poverty is even there in the first place?..........read a book bitch

Last edited by Shear Kaughn : 06-18-06 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-18-06, 10:22 AM   #50
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 67D5 4B8C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear Kaughn
did you read anything that i wrote? seriously did you? black people AS A WHOLE have a harder time providing for themselves in this country. and that is due to the views and perspecitves from my countries history. not every ppportunity and open door given to a white person will be given to a black person for the better. so black people have to strive even harder to come up out their situation. you obviously have a lot of learning to do about the United States there son. and no not all white men are in power. but in my countries history it has been that way FOR A LONG TIME. and for the most part. who has always been the president of the united states...oh yea a white man....that may change this next upcoming election, but thats an if.

and one more thing..i'm not generalizing white people here pal. i'm telling you what is the truth. are you even from america? i don't know if you are. but if you was then you wouldn't be making ignorant statments like you are. are you black...more then likely not. so once again.....go take a sociology class on the society of america.....you need it.....so untill you can actually say something that directly represents reality, your just another lost mothafucka with no clue

and one more thing...your little bit about more white people are in poverty then blacks....your right....but what your dumbass isn't right about is the percentage ratio....BIG DIFFERENCE THERE SONNY.....much larger black poverty percentage then white......why is that?..inequality. and don't tell me that they just need to work hard and get out their situation...i'm quite sure most of them are....but did anything ring a bell to you on why a larger percentage of black poverty is even there in the first place?..........read a book bitch

Yeah man, black people fucked up their image through the media...

Go tell someone else about it...
Old 06-18-06, 11:03 AM   #51
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: CC9A 0ACF

Total equality will never be possible. Even if they turn us all purple...

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 01:00 PM   #52
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 5375 4429

this is fallin on def ears man, it's like describing a completely foreign planet to someone. white people still think the hood is a place where everyone chose their lifestyle, they never fathom that opportunities are scarce in the devils belly. To experience it, they'd have to go to the hood, but they're terrified of that, so they just huddle up on the couch and suck in what ever the TV pumps in their brain. They disconnect from the fact that these are real people put in one hell of a fucked up situation. They forget that throughout all of american history, black people were repeatedly and systematically thrown under the bus that they weren't even allowed to sit at the front of.

Regretfully, the average person just becomes a victim of "The News". Just as it was intended...

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 01:32 PM   #53
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
IP: 5350 A834

wether u like it or not, tha reason y most black people in america r poor iz cuz of white people. white people made them slaves n treated them like shit, then wen they got "free", they didnt have 2 werk on tha farms or w/e tha slaves had 2 do, but they still werent givin jobs n shit. so they were poor. n thats tha white mans fault. tha people who owned all tha buisinesses were white, n wouldnt give black people jobs, so blacks had no way 2 make money. so they all stayed 2getha poor wich made big poor black communities wich r tha ghettos. n tha ghettos r givin tha shittiest skooling, while tha whites have really good skools n shit. n tha people who puts tha skool shit in tha communities, r tha government, wich iz white people. n fuck talkin bout white people bein poor in russia n shit, thats a whole utha convo, Deph's talkin bout black people in AMERICA.

anywayz, i agree wif Deph 1000000%

n thas werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 06-18-06, 02:34 PM   #54
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: B8B4 D1AE

Quote:
Yeah man, black people fucked up their image through the media...

Go tell someone else about it...

you a dumbass yo......the media fucked it up for black people...not the other way around
Old 06-18-06, 03:03 PM   #55
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

Quote:
it's up to the individuals to come out of the situation they are in... i'm the black sheep of my family... my mom did drugs... my dad was an alcoholic... i wanted more... i made the honor roll in school.. joined the military... did some college... had a family.... bought a house and two cars... i had a vision of what i wanted... once you have a vision you need a plan.... once you have a plan you need to execute... once you execute the plan you need to stay focused and keep ya eyes on the prize... you do that and ya get results... nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough.... the race factor is a cop out.. and yes, i'm black... and yes i still have goals i want to accomplish... and yes ya better believe omma make it happen...

on one hand i can understand where ya coming from by saying the country is controlled by "the man".. but at the same time if you ain't gon try and do sumn to remedy the situation the you have no reason to be mad... are you attending boycotts?... are you writing to your congressman?... are you pursuing a higher education? are you forming groups in your community to get people off they asses and do sumn about the crime in the neighborhoods you live in?... if not then all you doing is waiting for the same dude you complaining about to come clean ya shyt up for you...

start in your own backyard.... what good is a list of complaints/problems if you ain't got any possible solutions?

We're not talking about one person, we're talking about our group as a whole. You think it's fair that we have to try a billion times harder than a white guy to get to the same place? Do you really think EVERYONE is capable of that? Because in all honestly they're not, that's what's shitty.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-18-06, 07:16 PM   #56
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: FD17 BEA8

Quote:
This is dumb shit man...

Every race has rich people and poor people.. Fuck outta here talking like black people in america are the only ones who get stuck living in bad conditions.. THAT, is ignorance..

You aint got it any worse than the next race.....

Seriously, open up your fucking eyes! You know damn well black people went through the most struggles...I don't care how you put it, and how you feel about it, that shit is true...And what Indeph is speaking is finally some real talk on this site. Black people are looked down on, but I guess you won't admit it because your too blind-eyes to, or you won't admit it because we as black people make fun of the situation, in movies and music and other activities. But that's just a way of not forgetting what we had to go through to gain equal rights in America. Sure, we got our equal rights, but we are still looked down on. Partially our fault...I agree! But NOT ALL THE WAY!
Old 06-18-06, 07:28 PM   #57
~SMOKEY~
New to RV

IP: 6570 20AB

Blah Blah Blah.....

Throwback Ave.

Send a message via AIM to ~SMOKEY~   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 07:50 PM   #58
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: FEAC 2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
We're not talking about one person, we're talking about our group as a whole. You think it's fair that we have to try a billion times harder than a white guy to get to the same place? Do you really think EVERYONE is capable of that? Because in all honestly they're not, that's what's shitty.

that's because they are psychologically challenged... they already got it in their heads that they can't do anything...give ya same argument to all the african americans who started out with nothing and pretty much have everything they ever imaained and then some... then see what they gotta say about it... our people defeat themselves with all this negative energy... i'm not saying we don't have to work harder... cuz we do... i'm just saying if you really want something bad enough then stop complaining and do what ya gotta do to get it... legally!... knowledge is power... without that you have nothing... you can give me all the negative scenarios you want... it won't change the fact that most people who complain are usually the same ones who don't wanna help fix the situation... they rather sit on they asses and collect unemployment and come up with scams to get by... use that same energy to get an education and put a REAL plan into action and we'll all be better off... if you really think that people view you a certain way then change their perception of you... show them what you are capable of... get some shyt on paper showing ya accomplishments... get a damn track record... how you gonna defend folks who don't wanna do nothing for themselves? i love my peoples and all but go to any hood and tell me what you see.... kats still on the corner selling dime bags...i was in the army for 6 years.... i guarantee you i can go back to my hood and see the same dudes doing the same shyt from when i left... GUARANTEED... what's that tell you? they coulda used that same energy to get into school, get a job, something other than staying on da block nickle and diming all damn day... until we learn to act on shyt instead of blaming everyone else we will always have these problems... as long as we live up to the stereotypes we will always have these problems... until we learn to view folks as individuals instead of grouping we will always have this problem...

it starts with self... change who you are for the better... then worry about everyone else... the people around you will change as you change... if you stay around negative influences you gonna be a negative person... associate with kats that's really doing sumn and it will rub off on you...

everyone is always crying about being a victim and a product of the environment... change ya immediate environment then... not saying you should just up and move cuz financially a lot of folks can't do that... but mentally you can distance yaself from all the negativity in ya surroundings... even the hood got positive folks in it...

i can go on forever but until you change how you look at things and see that the outcome don't have to be negative, you'll always be the way that you are... man up and do shyt that's gonna get you where you need to go... sacrifice is a hard pill to swallow... and ya deffo ain't gonna get sumn for nothing in the US...

BUT WHATEVER MAN... omma get mine regardless... i got mouths to feed

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 08:00 PM   #59
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: FEAC 2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict_NYC
The millitary aint no place for a black person to quote Boyz n Tha Hood...because youre selling yourself to a government that despises you and wants you out

it's all about pimping the system that's been pimping you for years... i ain't nobody's slave boy... i did what i had to do and i got through it... if i woulda done the whole twenty years i'd be set for the rest of my life... the army ain't for everyone but it has helped my life tremendously... same with my rap partner... the good deffo outweighs the bad shyt of the military... in peacetime... but this war sucks ass... and it's not the Army's fault... it's the kat that runs the Army...

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 08:05 PM   #60
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

Quote:
that's because they are psychologically challenged... they already got it in their heads that they can't do anything...give ya same argument to all the african americans who started out with nothing and pretty much have everything they ever imaained and then some... then see what they gotta say about it... our people defeat themselves with all this negative energy... i'm not saying we don't have to work harder... cuz we do... i'm just saying if you really want something bad enough then stop complaining and do what ya gotta do to get it... legally!... knowledge is power... without that you have nothing... you can give me all the negative scenarios you want... it won't change the fact that most people who complain are usually the same ones who don't wanna help fix the situation... they rather sit on they asses and collect unemployment and come up with scams to get by... use that same energy to get an education and put a REAL plan into action and we'll all be better off... if you really think that people view you a certain way then change their perception of you... show them what you are capable of... get some shyt on paper showing ya accomplishments... get a damn track record... how you gonna defend folks who don't wanna do nothing for themselves? i love my peoples and all but go to any hood and tell me what you see.... kats still on the corner selling dime bags...i was in the army for 6 years.... i guarantee you i can go back to my hood and see the same dudes doing the same shyt from when i left... GUARANTEED... what's that tell you? they coulda used that same energy to get into school, get a job, something other than staying on da block nickle and diming all damn day... until we learn to act on shyt instead of blaming everyone else we will always have these problems... as long as we live up to the stereotypes we will always have these problems... until we learn to view folks as individuals instead of grouping we will always have this problem...

it starts with self... change who you are for the better... then worry about everyone else... the people around you will change as you change... if you stay around negative influences you gonna be a negative person... associate with kats that's really doing sumn and it will rub off on you...

everyone is always crying about being a victim and a product of the environment... change ya immediate environment then... not saying you should just up and move cuz financially a lot of folks can't do that... but mentally you can distance yaself from all the negativity in ya surroundings... even the hood got positive folks in it...

i can go on forever but until you change how you look at things and see that the outcome don't have to be negative, you'll always be the way that you are... man up and do shyt that's gonna get you where you need to go... sacrifice is a hard pill to swallow... and ya deffo ain't gonna get sumn for nothing in the US...

BUT WHATEVER MAN... omma get mine regardless... i got mouths to feed

We're not talking about individual efforts here, we're talking about the group. I have my plan and I'm trying my hardest to make it, and if I do, I'm STILL gunna have the same views. Not everyone knows that there is so much you can do and even if they did it's not always something that's good for them. How many career and job counselors do you see in the hood truly trying to make sure the awareness of possibilities is there? Most fucking successful black folks get the fuck away from the hood as soon as possible and just say "Fuck em", kinda like you. =/ THAT'S why the mentality is there, the successful people that people in the hood hear about play ball, rap, or sell drugs, am I wrong? If you think you made a difference because you made it, you're wrong, cuz you're just running away from the situation proud of yourself and not helping shit. I have the utmost respect for people like you but at the same time I fucking HATE people like you for thinking they're setting an example by getting the fuck out of the hood ASAP.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!