RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-06, 04:02 PM   #1
Otto Octavius
Banned: Spamming

Text Record: 0-0
BET Bans Little Brother Video

IP: 6CC5 3DCC

via sly

"I've been sitting on a longer Little Brother article for about a week now. I thought that attention should be directed towards the Hurricane Katrina efforts on this and other blogs.

I saw Little Brother at Slims in San Francisco last Wednesday, and they killed the packed house. You could tell from looking around that there were people there who hadn't been to a hip hop show since circa 1994, and other cats who were drowning in MTV/VH1/BET hip hop propaganda and wanted a breath of fresh air.

I'm going to blow out that longer article later on tonight when I get home from work. In the meantime check the short audio snippet below (courtesy of Nabs on the trickology message board). 9th calls out BET for banning their video. BET claims that the video, which includes quintessential club scenes and scantally clad women, was "too intelligent for their audience." I shit you not."

http://www.hiphop-blogs.com/hiphop/2..._brother_.html

OMFG, I can't believe BET. First of all, they refuse to play anything that doesn't get airtime on the radio, because commercial appeal and money run everything. Then they turn down people, like Method Man, who have never had big criminal records, yet make good music for everyone, and now they ban videos because the audience "isnt smart enough to understand the message"?!? GTFOH.

BET and, sorry for saying this, those white muthafuckas running it, can burn in hell!

The song is really about how videos and radio play the shit that's going to stimulate the desires of audience, even though the video portrays what they're going against.

Meh @ rap ...
Old 12-06-06, 06:21 PM   #2
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 974D 4926

That link is broken. Fix it and I'll comment upon the matter.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 12-06-06, 06:31 PM   #3
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 974D 4926

HipHopDX: Let’s talk about the BET situation, where people were saying BET claimed Little Brother was too intelligent to be played on the network.

Phonte: We really honestly don’t know where it came from. We don’t know if it came from BET or whatever there. But anyway, the word got around that supposedly BET said our shit was too intelligent for them to play. We took it as a slap in the face. But I would be more [offended] if I was a viewer of BET like ‘Damn, what are y’all sayin’ about me?’ You feel me? But you just gotta realize what the game has become. It’s constantly being peddled to the lowest common denominator. You just keep dropping lower and lower and that’s what you get. That’s why we’re in the state we’re in now.

I dunno if Phonte's confirming it or not but I read the jist of the story and LMAO, niggas (not LB) are gettin played. Plain and simple.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 12-17-06, 02:22 PM   #4
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP: 544A 12EA

Fix the fucking link

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 03:35 PM   #5
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 04DB 79A0

Didn't this happen a year ago?
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.