RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-06, 04:35 PM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
Thoughts on Hinduism?

IP: 8E3C C4ED

What are people's thoughts on the religion Hinduism?

If you have dismissed it as bogus, what are your reasons?
Old 12-06-06, 04:46 PM   #2
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 1074 4513

just the 5th take on the enuma enlish,

the other four are greek mythology, paganism, roman mythology, and christianity.

same gods, just different cultural attributes and different names.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 05:14 PM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Perhaps its creation story is similar in some ways to that detailed in the enuma elish, but what about the rest of hinduism?
Old 12-06-06, 05:37 PM   #4
Maleficent
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9C6A F815

It sounds like a great religion except for the caste system. The whole deity thing seems well thought out for the first organized religion. So is salvation.

But its still too complicated and hierarchal.

this post brought to you by..
Maleficent
Old 12-06-06, 06:00 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

its the creation story and the gods. that's the plot and the cast. only thing different is the wardrobe.

at least christianity is the collection of many other religions creational story, in one, and fused those ideas and god-like ways into people so that you'd relate to em more, like mary was athena, jesus became zeus, satan being prometheus, moses entire story is directly lifted from gilgamesh, etc etc etc taking the lows of one persons story and mixing it with the highs of another and putting that around an existing person to make them seem super. add to that by making everything seem mystic, you elevate these people in your mind to an unimaginable level

as a result, you can't consider any one religion more valid than the next when they're all reinterpretations given to you by some self-riteous persons aiming to diefy their way of life by framing certain things in a positive state, and luring you with guilt and paranoia to not go against it and lay their yoke on your neck. in psychology it's called a push-pull machine.

just a control device. used to pacify the masses. to make it seem like your pains and sufferings are drops in a bucket toward some elaborate higher cause and to give the image of purpose to mundane everyday actions and processes.

uhhh...or something.[/goes back to acting dumber than i am]

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 11:57 AM   #6
jay
Flyweight

IP: 076F 6339

appex u believe in god?
Old 12-07-06, 12:45 PM   #7
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

unquestionably.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 12-07-06, 07:35 PM   #8
Valiant
Human Crack in The Flesh.

Text Record: 11-3
IP: 0992 DDA2

You can worship an Elephant, So why the fuck can't you worship a Chuck Norris?

Join The Dynasty Today

----

THE 300 DYNASTY

Old 12-07-06, 07:44 PM   #9
Maleficent
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
its the creation story and the gods. that's the plot and the cast. only thing different is the wardrobe.

at least christianity is the collection of many other religions creational story, in one, and fused those ideas and god-like ways into people so that you'd relate to em more, like mary was athena, jesus became zeus, satan being prometheus, moses entire story is directly lifted from gilgamesh, etc etc etc taking the lows of one persons story and mixing it with the highs of another and putting that around an existing person to make them seem super.

Blah blah blah, alot of people say this, but if you study the details of each of those stories they bear no resemblance, its just the characters.

I dont see where you got Mary and Athena from if Jesus became Zeus, Prometheus isnt a devil and Satan hasnt been condemned to eternal damnation yet, Moses and Gilgamesh? Uhhhh, no.

The bible is original in its irrationality. Nobody should take credit for it.

Maleficent
Old 12-07-06, 07:51 PM   #10
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 40C2 F668

Apexx believes in himself.

That's about it.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 07:54 PM   #11
Maleficent
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Q
I would suck off Apexx.

Oh..

Maleficent
Old 12-07-06, 10:08 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

here's why you're an asshat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent
Blah blah blah, alot of people say this, but if you study the details of each of those stories they bear no resemblance, its just the characters.

ummm no lmao but i guess we're about to explore that now aren't we...
Quote:
I dont see where you got Mary and Athena from if Jesus became Zeus, Prometheus isnt a devil and Satan hasnt been condemned to eternal damnation yet, Moses and Gilgamesh? Uhhhh, no.

Athena? well lets see... every single image you've ever seen of mary is modeled after statues of athena, from the round cheeks, the full face, the robe, her hands and everything, but lets pretend to ignore that and look only at the details... Athena is the divine virgin mother. ...what a coincidence.... Mary is also a divine virgin mother....hmm..must be the in thing. Athena is the female balance of divine power in the greek culture... what a coincidence, Mary is the female balance of divine power in christianity... Athena is considred to be the most loving being ever created in the greek culture. ....what a coincidence.... Mary (the mother of mercy) is considered the most loving being ever created in christianity. and the list of commonalities goes on and on.

oh by the way, one of the most famous statues of the virgin mary in greece was once a statue of athena before chrisitanity took over. if you knew how high the greeks regard athena (the mother of their mythology, jsut as mary is the mother of christian mythology), you'd know what blasphemy it would be to deface a goddess with anything less than her supreme form.

Second up, "Jesus" isn't dudes name, it's Yashua. Yashua BinYosef (Joshua of Joseph). "Jesus" is a combination of the rastafarian god of peace, Jah and the greek god Zeus. Jah Zeus. Christ is a title, like Caesar, not a last name. Paul the apostle (who admitted to being posessed by a demon and never met jesus in his entire life) gave him that name. What a coincidence, every image of "Jesus" you've ever seen was lifted from statues of Zeus, from the long hair (even though the bible says long hair on a man is dishonorable) right down to the beard, and everything, only diffrence of course is the build since "jesus" was a common man not a god. and actually, in christianity, jesus IS god. Oh yeah, Zeus ressurected the dead... Just like Jesus did!! Zeus's (zeus who to the celts was known as Odin) symbol was a cross. WOW!! Jesus's symbol........IS ALSO A CROSS!!! of course Yashua and Zeus have their own paths, but their "abilities" are one in the same.

third, satan's story in the bible is directly lifted from the story of prometheus. first chosen as the right hand man etc etc then turned against the gods. the "fire" or "light" is "enlightenment" or "knowledge" that he stole. his escape from the heavens then banishment by the gods is the fall from grace. etc etc etc man i dot' evne see the point of going on with this.

and Finally, to say moses isn't lifted from the gilgamesh epics screams to me that you don't know jack shit about the gilgamesh epics. The Five Books of Moses IS the Gilgamesh epics you jackass lol. Moses is Sargon from top to bottom. from the "chosen child" being put in a basket by a distressed mother and sailing down the EXACT SAME river into the arms of a humble family, to the plagues, to the walking with the chosen people for 40 years in the desert, to the power struggle against a king, to the great flood, to the speaking directly with god on a mountain and decending with tablets - all directly lifted from Sargons story in the gilgamesh epics.

I'll continue on just to be a prick: the Garden of Eden is Dilmun, The Angels are the aliens the Eloheem, Heaven is the crystal city Baalbeck and "God" of course is the entity Shamash. and on and on and on and on man.

ALL religions originate from the Gilgamesh Epics and the Enuma Enlish my man. Its the original texts speaking of meetings with superior beings, its even written in the original language. They pre-date the bible by thousands of years.

if you had even a fraction of an idea what you're talking about, you wouldnt' be talking about it.

please stop talking out of your ass. if you don't know, just say you don't know.

cheers.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by ∆ P E X X : 12-07-06 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-07-06, 10:15 PM   #13
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Quote:
(zeus who to the celts was known as Odin)

I see the God of Sky and Heaven counterpart there, but I thought they were quite separate entities? I'm not extremely familiar with Greek myth, though to chalk up another similarity between Greek myths and Christianity, Deucalion and his wife Pyrrha fulfill the same role, though most religions do tend to have a Great Flood story.

Now that I think of it, Prometheus is Loki. Betrayed the gods, trapped to an eternal torture: Prometheus got an eagle eating his liver, Loki got a snake dripping acid over his face. But can you expand on how Zeus is Odin?

Last edited by Lexi-Kon : 12-07-06 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-07-06, 10:28 PM   #14
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

lex, yeah man you find commonalities because all religions stem from the same source. each culture jsut re-tells the story their own way.

which is why you can transparently lay the same main characters over celtic religion, paganism, hinduism, roman mythology, christianity, greek mythology, judaism, the egyptian mysteries, and so on.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 12-07-06, 10:33 PM   #15
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

- cough. - Hades. I can admit that, because no one looks here anyway. I just suck at text, so I'm trying to see what I can do to make up for that in Rap Superstar. Lexicon probably isn't any good either, but at least I get to go around saying 'sanchie'.

Anyway, do you mind pointing out the similarities between Odin and Zeus? Odin is the chief god, and commands the heavens and sky, but their abilities seem different.