RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-07, 01:22 AM   #16
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D22F CD29

and i just ganna get a few ideas from it not copy it.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 01:31 AM   #17
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: 3011 7E9C

shits too long................

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 02-27-07, 01:33 AM   #18
M&rk

edit back in real quick and i'll copy and past it then u can take it off agian. -werd just thought of that. anyway thnx

my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 01:35 AM   #19
Jay Rose
I don't lose

It is Time to Gang up on Gang Violence!
Do you feel safe? With the notion that a group of people have banded together with malicious intent to harm, how could you feel safe? Throughout the streets of the major cities of America violence is on the rise. In concordance with violence rising so is gang violence. A gang is a group of people who come together to form a single identity and participate in illegal acts. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang) Gang violence is the non political crimes committed by gang members on innocent people or other gangs. There is a positive coloration between the crime rate and gang violence. When gang violence rises, crime rate rises. Logically if a group of gang members are acting out on violence, there are other civilians and police officers exercising violence in return in defense or in efforts to apprehend the gang members. Recently gang violence is increasing in the Metropolitan Washington area. (Leventhal 1) There are 680 to 930 people identified as gang members in the Montgomery County area alone with the average age per member being between 15 and 21. More needs to be done to prevent gang violence. In New York there are 600 people known to be in “The Bloods”; a gang that started in Los Angeles and has become known worldwide. In Los Angeles, it is believed that there are about 5,000 bloods and 15,000 members of their rival gang “The Crips”. (New York Times 2) Gangs are growing and even with all of the action being put forth to minimize violence in major populated cities, there should be more to stop gang violence specifically. With the positive correlation between crime rate and gang violence, the minimization of gang violence should put violence in a whole on a decline.
Gang violence is a serious issue and is on the rise. If you look at the crime rate for major cities you will see that the cities in the top ten are cities with known gang affiliations. If the gang violence is minimized then the crime rate will go down. This is the case because of the violent nature of gangs across America. Gangs which became big in the seventies were formed to prevent certain groups of people from being attacked by others. They have drifted away from their origin, and now, are a group of people committing crime for reputation, initiation and sometimes just for fun. Most gangs are very large as a whole, but they are broken up into smaller sects within the gang. That means a gang of 6000 members is most likely going to only have 100-200 members in one sub division at a time. That keeps gangs disorganized and harder to figure out. There are thousands of small gangs all over the country but the three most important and influential in today’s society are the Bloods, Crips and Mara Salvaturcha (MS13).
The Bloods started in 1971 when a number of gangs in Los Angelus were being targeted by a much larger Crips gang. The Pirus gang invited many local gangs to come meet them and discuss ways to defend themselves from the Crips. They decided that the best way to fight the Crips was to join forces and come together to fight the Crips. The Crips wore blue colors so the gangs decided to wear the opposite color of red, then the name Bloods came out of wearing the color red. The Bloods then grew on the east coast as the United Blood Nation. They started in 1993 forming within inmates on Rikers Island. The inmates had joined together to protect themselves from the Latin Kings a notorious gang in New York prisons. The Bloods then expanded from prisons to New York City streets, and now range from upstate New York down to Maryland. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloods)
For a long time the identity of the Bloods was the union of people to defend themselves from opposing gangs mainly the Crips. The Crips originated in Los Angelus and they are one of the oldest, largest and most notorious gangs in the country. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips) The Crips were founded in 1969 by Raymond Washington. Raymond was 15 at the time when he founded the gang to mimic and carry out actions that were preformed by the black panthers. He initially named the gang Baby Avenues and the name Crips did not come until a newspaper gave them that nickname for crimes committed by members with canes pretending to be cripple; then, beating their victim with the canes. In the 80's the Crips became respected and well known with other gangs through their fortune obtained by selling crack, a simpler form of cocaine. They eventually grew more violent in trying to expand their territory in selling the drug. A treaty with the Bloods was made in the mid 90's to stop the violence but has only had a minor impact in stopping the acts of violence between the gangs. The Crips wear the color blue to identify with each other.
The Crips are well known outside the United States as one of the most influential gangs in the nation, but their involvement in other counties shies in comparison to Mara Salvatrucha otherwise known as MS13. MS13 formed in the south part of Los Angelus by Salvadorians in efforts to protect themselves from the 18th street gang. The Salvadorians had recently come to America to avoid the civil war going on in El Salvador at the time. They are known for their readiness to carry out violent acts. They wear the colors blue and white in respects to the Salvadoran national flag. MS13 grew quickly from people defending themselves to acts of violence drug trafficking, firearm and people smuggling, theft and arson. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms13) The gang moved from its origin in Los Angelus back to El Salvador and other parts of the United States. The largest amount of MS13 members in the United States are in the Washington DC area. Now that the war is over in El Salvador, the original purpose of the gang is lost. The original members are all dead and most of the gangs activities are crime based to obtain power or money.
As you can see, in a minor description of three of the United States biggest gangs, crime is a serious issue. Bloods in New York who are centered on violence have been the cause for at least 135 slashings around the city. These slashings are seen as initiation into the gang. Initiations are a large part of gang violence. Sometimes new members are told to stab or shoot some innocent civilian to prove their loyalty to the gang. Other less violent acts of initiation are the beating of the new member or in rare occurrences the raping of a female member who intends to join the gang. The Crips have accumulated millions in drug trafficking. This brought the stigma of gangs and drugs being so closely related. MS13 has a list of illegal acts that the gang partakes in from drug trafficking to hired assassinations. Something needs to be done to stop all the crime and that something needs to be done now.
In efforts to reduce gang violence, plenty of action has been put forth but more needs to be done. One policy put into place is the export to the origin of country for any gang member, which in MS13's case, is a huge deal. Hundreds of MS13 members have been deported back to El Salvador making the gang large in other nations. Unfortunately there are the gangs that have members who are from the United States, such as the Crips and Bloods. What is being done to punish and prevent these gangs from being violent? In New York, Assembly Bill 10269 was recently passed which requires a mandatory minimum sentence of 2-5 years extra to penalties of gang activity classified as nonviolent crimes. In addition to that for violent acts gang members will receive an additional 10 years. Montgomery County Maryland is focusing more on prevention rather than punishment. (Moorer 1) George Leventhal, the chairman of Montgomery County Council, states that prevention and early intervention are critical. (Leventhal 1) He notes that if the youth are not stable and are outcasts they are more venerable to invitations from gang members. Then he goes on to say that more programs should be put in place to help monitor children and keep them away from gang influences.(Leventhal 1) Money has been issued from the government to counties and cities alike to try and help prevent or punish crimes associated with gang activities. 1.4 million dollars is being requested by Montgomery County to help promote after school programs to try and deter gang memberships. More money should be given to help stop the gangs that are already in place. More should be done to help stop gang violence.
What more can we do to prevent and punish gang violence? What should we be doing to stop all the crimes resulting in gang activity today? We are on the right track with focusing on prevention more then punishment. Gangs pride themselves with their identity of a feared group. More punishment would promote their self identity and strengthen the remaining members of the gang, knowing they are feared by the community. Prevention is the right path to take in bringing crime rate and gang violence to a minimum. If you prevent the gangs from recruiting new members when they are young, you prevent the growth of the gang. Prevention of the growth of the gang will, in turn, slowly decline the amount of people committing the crimes and in turn slowly decline the amount of crimes.
Some say we are doing all we can to prevent violence in cities around the world. Others feel it is not gang violence we should be focused on but just any violent act. People feel that enough money has been fed from the government to prevent gang violence. Montgomery County has distributed 5.8 million dollars to 22 different programs, non profit organizations and agencies to address the issue of gang violence. If you look at the statistics gang violence has been of a rise since 2003. With the additions to the laws in New York some say we are doing all we can to prevent gang violence. This is just the start of what we need to do. With the murders of innocent people, such as Robert Lee Walker, how can you say we have done enough?
Robert Lee Walker was a seventeen-year-old student in a St. Louis high school. He was on his way home from St. Louis Learning Center South High when he was brutally murdered the second he got off of the metro bus. (Garrison 1) Think about an area outside of Benning Terrace Complex in Benning Heighs, just outside of Washington D.C. A place known as Simple City was host to numerous slayings in the Washington district area. Andre Newton was shot in the throat in the midst of a drug deal in 1994. Cab Driver Richard Johnson was found with a bullet in the back of his head near a local phone booth. Even Bright Onuoha the ice cream man was shot and killed when he refused to give money to two gang members who were trying to mug him. The most publicized death in Simple City, however, was the slaying of 12 year-old Darryl Hall who was shot on his way home from school. The Simple City area got to a point where the death was a regular event and almost a game to the members of the gang. They had hung a pair of shoes for each murder committed by the gang and it got to the point that there were so many shoes on the power line that it collapsed. (Greene 3) Then in New York there is an 11 year-old boy in Bedford Brooklyn that was slashed by a classmate for not joining his growing sect of Bloods. Many People fall victims of gang violence every year and still little is being done to stop this violence.
To understand how to stop gang violence we must understand how people become part of a gang. Most of the time it is an impressionable teenage in a run down area who is invited to join by an older teenager they are familiar with. Gangs have grown from Los Angeles to all across the country. How did gangs move across the country and how are they spread and promoted today? Generally it is through prison where Gang members join together to defend themselves in prison. Then these gang members promote the gang upon being released from prison. The logical way to stop gang violence from spreading and growing in members is prevention. More after school programs and community center programs should be put in place to keep kids active. More police forces should be put in place to patrol communities, looking for teenage violent activities.
With all the deaths of our nation’s young and all the violence associated with gangs we need to do more to stop it. We must do more to prevent gang violence. We need to take a deeper look into the major gangs of our nation. How many deaths can we afford to lose to gang violence? How many Darryl Halls must there be until we put the necessary effort into stopping gang violence? How many more slashing incidences in New York subways must happen before we decide that it is enough? Is enough being done to protect our children from not only being victims of gang violence but joining a gang? Time and time again teenagers are being murdered in large numbers over drugs, territory or just minor disputes. All of that violence has the potential to be prevented and we have still not made the efforts to stop the violence. Work and progress has been made in recent years to prevent gang violence but more must be done to prevent and punish gang violence. Until gang violence is significantly reduced it is hard to feel safe.

Works Cited

Wikipedia. (Online) Available http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloods, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms13)
16 November 2007.

Times, New Y. 14 September 1997: 1, 2.

Leventhal, George. Capitol Hill Hearing Testimony. 6 September 2006.

Moorer, Talise D. "New York Amsterdam News." Legislation ups the ante for gang-related violence 20 April 2006: Vol. 97 Issue 17, p3.

Greene, Marcia S. "The Washington Post." Simple City 20 April 1997: pg. A.01.

Garrison, Chad. "Riverfront Times (St. Louis, Missouri)." Battle Lines 23 August 2006.

three sad semesters
i thought about the army

Old 02-27-07, 01:36 AM   #20
Jay Rose
I don't lose

tell me when your done copy and pasting...

three sad semesters
i thought about the army

Old 02-27-07, 01:45 AM   #21
M&rk

done. werd thanks alot. im doin all my shit on crips and bloods so this will be helpful. and my roomate is doin the same paper so he'll appreciate the extra ideas. and do u know about the copyright thing and teachers findin shit online and how ticky tacky it is? anyway, thanks. and if u got any other papers u should hit me up cuz i gotta write 3 or 4 more for my research paper class.

my reverbnation.com page
Old 02-27-07, 02:04 AM   #22
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 05C0 C78C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 286
It is Time to Gang up on Gang Violence!
Do you feel safe? With the notion that a group of people have banded together with malicious intent to harm, how could you feel safe? Throughout the streets of the major cities of America violence is on the rise. In concordance with violence rising so is gang violence. A gang is a group of people who come together to form a single identity and participate in illegal acts. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang) Gang violence is the non political crimes committed by gang members on innocent people or other gangs. There is a positive coloration between the crime rate and gang violence. When gang violence rises, crime rate rises. Logically if a group of gang members are acting out on violence, there are other civilians and police officers exercising violence in return in defense or in efforts to apprehend the gang members. Recently gang violence is increasing in the Metropolitan Washington area. (Leventhal 1) There are 680 to 930 people identified as gang members in the Montgomery County area alone with the average age per member being between 15 and 21. More needs to be done to prevent gang violence. In New York there are 600 people known to be in “The Bloods”; a gang that started in Los Angeles and has become known worldwide. In Los Angeles, it is believed that there are about 5,000 bloods and 15,000 members of their rival gang “The Crips”. (New York Times 2) Gangs are growing and even with all of the action being put forth to minimize violence in major populated cities, there should be more to stop gang violence specifically. With the positive correlation between crime rate and gang violence, the minimization of gang violence should put violence in a whole on a decline.
Gang violence is a serious issue and is on the rise. If you look at the crime rate for major cities you will see that the cities in the top ten are cities with known gang affiliations. If the gang violence is minimized then the crime rate will go down. This is the case because of the violent nature of gangs across America. Gangs which became big in the seventies were formed to prevent certain groups of people from being attacked by others. They have drifted away from their origin, and now, are a group of people committing crime for reputation, initiation and sometimes just for fun. Most gangs are very large as a whole, but they are broken up into smaller sects within the gang. That means a gang of 6000 members is most likely going to only have 100-200 members in one sub division at a time. That keeps gangs disorganized and harder to figure out. There are thousands of small gangs all over the country but the three most important and influential in today’s society are the Bloods, Crips and Mara Salvaturcha (MS13).
The Bloods started in 1971 when a number of gangs in Los Angelus were being targeted by a much larger Crips gang. The Pirus gang invited many local gangs to come meet them and discuss ways to defend themselves from the Crips. They decided that the best way to fight the Crips was to join forces and come together to fight the Crips. The Crips wore blue colors so the gangs decided to wear the opposite color of red, then the name Bloods came out of wearing the color red. The Bloods then grew on the east coast as the United Blood Nation. They started in 1993 forming within inmates on Rikers Island. The inmates had joined together to protect themselves from the Latin Kings a notorious gang in New York prisons. The Bloods then expanded from prisons to New York City streets, and now range from upstate New York down to Maryland. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloods)
For a long time the identity of the Bloods was the union of people to defend themselves from opposing gangs mainly the Crips. The Crips originated in Los Angelus and they are one of the oldest, largest and most notorious gangs in the country. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips) The Crips were founded in 1969 by Raymond Washington. Raymond was 15 at the time when he founded the gang to mimic and carry out actions that were preformed by the black panthers. He initially named the gang Baby Avenues and the name Crips did not come until a newspaper gave them that nickname for crimes committed by members with canes pretending to be cripple; then, beating their victim with the canes. In the 80's the Crips became respected and well known with other gangs through their fortune obtained by selling crack, a simpler form of cocaine. They eventually grew more violent in trying to expand their territory in selling the drug. A treaty with the Bloods was made in the mid 90's to stop the violence but has only had a minor impact in stopping the acts of violence between the gangs. The Crips wear the color blue to identify with each other.
The Crips are well known outside the United States as one of the most influential gangs in the nation, but their involvement in other counties shies in comparison to Mara Salvatrucha otherwise known as MS13. MS13 formed in the south part of Los Angelus by Salvadorians in efforts to protect themselves from the 18th street gang. The Salvadorians had recently come to America to avoid the civil war going on in El Salvador at the time. They are known for their readiness to carry out violent acts. They wear the colors blue and white in respects to the Salvadoran national flag. MS13 grew quickly from people defending themselves to acts of violence drug trafficking, firearm and people smuggling, theft and arson. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms13) The gang moved from its origin in Los Angelus back to El Salvador and other parts of the United States. The largest amount of MS13 members in the United States are in the Washington DC area. Now that the war is over in El Salvador, the original purpose of the gang is lost. The original members are all dead and most of the gangs activities are crime based to obtain power or money.
As you can see, in a minor description of three of the United States biggest gangs, crime is a serious issue. Bloods in New York who are centered on violence have been the cause for at least 135 slashings around the city. These slashings are seen as initiation into the gang. Initiations are a large part of gang violence. Sometimes new members are told to stab or shoot some innocent civilian to prove their loyalty to the gang. Other less violent acts of initiation are the beating of the new member or in rare occurrences the raping of a female member who intends to join the gang. The Crips have accumulated millions in drug trafficking. This brought the stigma of gangs and drugs being so closely related. MS13 has a list of illegal acts that the gang partakes in from drug trafficking to hired assassinations. Something needs to be done to stop all the crime and that something needs to be done now.
In efforts to reduce gang violence, plenty of action has been put forth but more needs to be done. One policy put into place is the export to the origin of country for any gang member, which in MS13's case, is a huge deal. Hundreds of MS13 members have been deported back to El Salvador making the gang large in other nations. Unfortunately there are the gangs that have members who are from the United States, such as the Crips and Bloods. What is being done to punish and prevent these gangs from being violent? In New York, Assembly Bill 10269 was recently passed which requires a mandatory minimum sentence of 2-5 years extra to penalties of gang activity classified as nonviolent crimes. In addition to that for violent acts gang members will receive an additional 10 years. Montgomery County Maryland is focusing more on prevention rather than punishment. (Moorer 1) George Leventhal, the chairman of Montgomery County Council, states that prevention and early intervention are critical. (Leventhal 1) He notes that if the youth are not stable and are outcasts they are more venerable to invitations from gang members. Then he goes on to say that more programs should be put in place to help monitor children and keep them away from gang influences.(Leventhal 1) Money has been issued from the government to counties and cities alike to try and help prevent or punish crimes associated with gang activities. 1.4 million dollars is being requested by Montgomery County to help promote after school programs to try and deter gang memberships. More money should be given to help stop the gangs that are already in place. More should be done to help stop gang violence.
What more can we do to prevent and punish gang violence? What should we be doing to stop all the crimes resulting in gang activity today? We are on the right track with focusing on prevention more then punishment. Gangs pride themselves with their identity of a feared group. More punishment would promote their self identity and strengthen the remaining members of the gang, knowing they are feared by the community. Prevention is the right path to take in bringing crime rate and gang violence to a minimum. If you prevent the gangs from recruiting new members when they are young, you prevent the growth of the gang. Prevention of the growth of the gang will, in turn, slowly decline the amount of people committing the crimes and in turn slowly decline the amount of crimes.
Some say we are doing all we can to prevent violence in cities around the world. Others feel it is not gang violence we should be focused on but just any violent act. People feel that enough money has been fed from the government to prevent gang violence. Montgomery County has distributed 5.8 million dollars to 22 different programs, non profit organizations and agencies to address the issue of gang violence. If you look at the statistics gang violence has been of a rise since 2003. With the additions to the laws in New York some say we are doing all we can to prevent gang violence. This is just the start of what we need to do. With the murders of innocent people, such as Robert Lee Walker, how can you say we have done enough?
Robert Lee Walker was a seventeen-year-old student in a St. Louis high school. He was on his way home from St. Louis Learning Center South High when he was brutally murdered the second he got off of the metro bus. (Garrison 1) Think about an area outside of Benning Terrace Complex in Benning Heighs, just outside of Washington D.C. A place known as Simple City was host to numerous slayings in the Washington district area. Andre Newton was shot in the throat in the midst of a drug deal in 1994. Cab Driver Richard Johnson was found with a bullet in the back of his head near a local phone booth. Even Bright Onuoha the ice cream man was shot and killed when he refused to give money to two gang members who were trying to mug him. The most publicized death in Simple City, however, was the slaying of 12 year-old Darryl Hall who was shot on his way home from school. The Simple City area got to a point where the death was a regular event and almost a game to the members of the gang. They had hung a pair of shoes for each murder committed by the gang and it got to the point that there were so many shoes on the power line that it collapsed. (Greene 3) Then in New York there is an 11 year-old boy in Bedford Brooklyn that was slashed by a classmate for not joining his growing sect of Bloods. Many People fall victims of gang violence every year and still little is being done to stop this violence.
To understand how to stop gang violence we must understand how people become part of a gang. Most of the time it is an impressionable teenage in a run down area who is invited to join by an older teenager they are familiar with. Gangs have grown from Los Angeles to all across the country. How did gangs move across the country and how are they spread and promoted today? Generally it is through prison where Gang members join together to defend themselves in prison. Then these gang members promote the gang upon being released from prison. The logical way to stop gang violence from spreading and growing in members is prevention. More after school programs and community center programs should be put in place to keep kids active. More police forces should be put in place to patrol communities, looking for teenage violent activities.
With all the deaths of our nation’s young and all the violence associated with gangs we need to do more to stop it. We must do more to prevent gang violence. We need to take a deeper look into the major gangs of our nation. How many deaths can we afford to lose to gang violence? How many Darryl Halls must there be until we put the necessary effort into stopping gang violence? How many more slashing incidences in New York subways must happen before we decide that it is enough? Is enough being done to protect our children from not only being victims of gang violence but joining a gang? Time and time again teenagers are being murdered in large numbers over drugs, territory or just minor disputes. All of that violence has the potential to be prevented and we have still not made the efforts to stop the violence. Work and progress has been made in recent years to prevent gang violence but more must be done to prevent and punish gang violence. Until gang violence is significantly reduced it is hard to feel safe.

Works Cited

Wikipedia. (Online) Available http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloods, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms13)
16 November 2007.

Times, New Y. 14 September 1997: 1, 2.

Leventhal, George. Capitol Hill Hearing Testimony. 6 September 2006.

Moorer, Talise D. "New York Amsterdam News." Legislation ups the ante for gang-related violence 20 April 2006: Vol. 97 Issue 17, p3.

Greene, Marcia S. "The Washington Post." Simple City 20 April 1997: pg. A.01.

Garrison, Chad. "Riverfront Times (St. Louis, Missouri)." Battle Lines 23 August 2006.

*Blackmails you by keeping this up*
Old 02-27-07, 02:13 AM   #23
Jay Rose
I don't lose

ha....okay well let me un-blackmail myself....

I ONLY GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO TAKE IDEAS FROM MY PAPER AND IN NO WAY ENCOURAGE YOU TO COPY IT WORD FOR WORD.....

okay my ass is covered....now its all his problem

three sad semesters
i thought about the army

Old 02-27-07, 02:37 AM   #24
M&rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar
*Blackmails you by keeping this up*

:remembers your willingness to snitch and later disses u whenever you are seen:

my reverbnation.com page
Old 02-27-07, 02:39 AM   #25
M&rk

but werd jay. that was a good paper, im really just ganna learn from your last paragraph and how u linked it all back to the begining. cuz thats basically all i have left on my paper now.

my reverbnation.com page
Old 02-27-07, 08:13 AM   #26
Crooked Hat
New to RV

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7856 DFDF

i'm guessing you are finished. you can PM me if you have any questions though. i'd rather not broadcast my business or knowledge about this over then entire boards ,but i don't mind helping with your research paper.
Old 02-27-07, 10:48 AM   #27
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

wow they let you cite from wikipedia??

man at my university they won't let us site wikipedia due to the nature of the website, ie. it being possible for any dude to come up and edit good information into garbage
Old 02-27-07, 11:16 AM   #28
Jay Rose
I don't lose

it was an entry level english essay.....so they really didnt care much....any other essay they dont tho

three sad semesters
i thought about the army

Old 02-27-07, 11:54 AM   #29
M&rk

IP: 246F CF62

the librarian at our school was givin wikipedia props and sayin its a good source to use for research papers. but yeah i could see why it wouldn't be, she must just be doin acid or some shit.
ya im in class now and i need like a paragraph still, but im just ganna use an incert from one of my sources to take up space on my paper. i'll post my paper when im done just for shits and help wit corrections if their obvious

my reverbnation.com page
Old 02-27-07, 11:57 AM   #30
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
the librarian at our school was givin wikipedia props and sayin its a good source to use for research papers. but yeah i could see why it wouldn't be, she must just be doin acid or some shit.
ya im in class now and i need like a paragraph still, but im just ganna use an incert from one of my sources to take up space on my paper. i'll post my paper when im done just for shits and help wit corrections if their obvious

thats why the librarian is a librarian and not a college professor/university lecturer