RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Violent Text League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-08, 08:42 PM   #76
Lay.
don't try.

Text Record: 13-2
IP: EBB4 6039

haha, probably since its due tonight
Old 07-19-08, 12:14 AM   #77
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

wtf why is me and adams battle moved? i get it we both no-showed let us post right now or tomorrow morning tho why is it being moved? lol
Old 07-19-08, 12:19 AM   #78
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

Adam posted his verse.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 07-19-08, 03:12 AM   #79
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D98D 2111

mine battle shouldn't be closed, u get 24 hours for an exenstion. i forgot what day it was, could post a no show verse right now

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-08, 06:55 AM   #80
Ramcees
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 306E C16B

i have a verse ready to drop it, i wasnt at able to ask for ext. my internet cut out
so if u re-open it, ill drop my verse
Old 07-19-08, 12:17 PM   #81
Dickard.
A Life Of Chryme

Text Record: 24-4
IP: 934F A17A

fuck dude i did it again`
Old 07-19-08, 12:40 PM   #82
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D088 20AB

Yeah, no shows are fucking weak.
Old 07-19-08, 12:47 PM   #83
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
mine battle shouldn't be closed, u get 24 hours for an exenstion. i forgot what day it was, could post a no show verse right now

-Extensions
A extension can ONLY be granted by your opponent. And the max extension is ONE day. Therefore if you get a extension your verse will be due by 12.00pm Saturday night.

Old 07-19-08, 04:51 PM   #84
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Adam posted his verse.

yea and it said the battle was moved so i couldnt even fucking post when i wanted to, i come to post now and it says i'v lost

so what happened to that post late and get -2 votes rule? Cuz it doesnt seem like i ever had a chance

Adam would have gave me an extension and i would have posted yesterday at 1am but unfortunatly one of you decided to move our battle thread so i couldnt even post, i wake up later like i always do and i've lost cuz i didnt post by 12pm

lmaooo seems fair to me
Old 07-19-08, 05:26 PM   #85
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
yea and it said the battle was moved so i couldnt even fucking post when i wanted to, i come to post now and it says i'v lost
You're not above the league rules. You post before Saturday or get an extension. It was Saturday and you hadn't posted anything since your check or asked for an extension. I closed the thread and moved it. To me, that qualifies as a no-show.

so what happened to that post late and get -2 votes rule? Cuz it doesnt seem like i ever had a chance
The rule that Lay wrote doesn't even make sense. It says if you no-show you get 2 votes deducted.

Adam would have gave me an extension and i would have posted yesterday at 1am but unfortunatly one of you decided to move our battle thread so i couldnt even post, i wake up later like i always do and i've lost cuz i didnt post by 12pm
I said Adam posted his verse less than 5 minutes after you posted. You didn't say another thing for 16 hours or so. Could have easily sent someone a message, posted in a chat thread, or whatvever to contact one of us about your problem. If you had actually made some effort to contact someone or made the effort to show up on time, this wouldn't be a problem.

lmaooo seems fair to me

Yeah, seems fair to me.

Old 07-19-08, 05:41 PM   #86
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

If you contact Adam before tonight and he says its okay, I'll open it till midnight.

Old 07-19-08, 05:52 PM   #87
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

Controversy is key to an entertaining league. Good times.
Old 07-19-08, 06:43 PM   #88
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Are u kidding me? It was my birthday July 16th and i've BEEN partying all week, i tried to prioriterise the league by coming on at 1am on friday to drop, that's the effort I was going to make. Too bad the thread was already being moved which i've never seen in a league, you're supposed to leave it open incase the other guy actually does decide to post, and then leave it up to the first one who posted to say wether they accept it or not

Im sorry for figuring maybe one of the mods made a mistake by moving our thread and it was accidental, which is the reason i said fuck it ill just mention it and tomorrow it'll be open for me to drop but obviously it wasnt and I had been given the loss

Last edited by JTR : 07-19-08 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-19-08, 06:55 PM   #89
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
If you contact Adam before tonight and he says its okay, I'll open it till midnight.

Fuck having to ask Adam if i can post in my own battle thread. You guys want to reinforce the rules to keep people in line so bad to the point you fuck up a contendership match and what could have been a great battle. And your philosophy on your rules is so fucking flawed it's increadible. So at 1am on a friday, instead of just being able to post my verse then at a better time, and then ask Adam if he'll allow it, I have to wait because the thread is closed and I can't post, and then somehow pray Adam is online sometime for me to ask him for an extension, and then PM you to open the battle, and then drop, all before 12pm friday? LMFAO... what the fuck did you want me to do? 3 way call you guys on the phone? Cuz I have your numbers on speed dial huh, just incase something like this happened, yeoopp always good to be prepared. It's fucking stupid.

I'm going out right NOW to celebrate my birthday some more, so I wouldn't even be able to post on time if it was open til 12am. The time I would have posted was yesterday as i've already stated had my battle not been moved. And considering this was a contendership match, and you still couldn't bend the rules a little, just shows how horribly the "no show" was handled. Making an example out of the contendership match to show how you enforce the rules isn't gonna attract anymore people, showing that th league is having good battles (like the contendership would have been) is how it would attract people.

Anyways i've said enough, i really dont care anymore cuz im bout to get smashed for my bday and im happy as fuck, from now on i guess i'll jus post on time OR i'll call up whoever im battling on speed dial and ask them for an extension

Lol pc out
Old 07-19-08, 07:04 PM   #90
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

OH! That's what I'm supposed to do?!?! I had no idea.

Well since you worked so hard to drop a verse on time, then I RUINED it for you. I'll just go ahead and open the battle back up for you and I SINCERELY apologize for my actions. Goodluck and enjoy.