RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-06, 10:57 PM   #16
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 0AC9 8CAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
God willing, I'm about to start Karate classes, or Tae Kwon Do, soon. But, when I was telling my man Lee whom I work with, he was like, "Bro, that's why they have guns."

Sup with that...

Anybody do martial arts here? How long does it take to get really good at it?

My personal opinion Q, and this is me talking some real shit to you wich prolly dosn't happen often.

DON'T do Tae Kwon Doe

1) It's one of the lamest Martial Arts to do
2) It's not affective unless you're really good at it

Trust me...

I wouldn't do Karate either if I was you. I've personaly done karate for 2 years at 3 differant clubs, and I found that it's almost imposible to find a genuine club that's more interested in teaching you the martial arts then taking your money. Most clubs are like a big scam, give you a higher belt every week and charge 50$ everytime. Expensive but you'll be thinking "wow i'm doing so well" -_-

TRUST ME

You might wanna try Jujitsu, or if you're into more self defensive, Judo. Muay Thai is also a GREAT martial arts, violent too. Kickboxing is like Muay Thai but less voilent natured and more of a sport.

It depends really if you want to do this for fun and get serious at it? And do you want to do competition if you get good?

By the way, you can't say "how long will it take until I become good" because you're either good at it or you're not. It took me around 3 years to become the provincial champion in judo and that's what I consider good....
Old 11-02-06, 10:58 PM   #17
JTR
Jack The Ripper

And it also depends on if you like your martial arts more offense, or self-defense. Voilent, or less voilent. All out do whatever it takes to kill the guy, or only attack by countering his own attacks.

But get at me cuz I prolly know more about martial arts then anyone else on RV...
Old 11-03-06, 12:30 AM   #18
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

I don't really hear many people hating on martial arts. I was learning bujinkan taijutsu for a long time before moving to Australia, but I haven't done anything for a while.

Next year I'll probably start going to Tae Kwon Do. Personally, I don't think its lame. Since I've got long legs it means bigger swings, more momentum, longer range, stronger, faster and higher kicks. There is a bit of grappling and punches, but Tae Kwon Do is mainly centred around kicks. I've found a great master in sydney, a man who was one of the most elite Tae Kwon Do martial artists in Korea. Like Jack said though, it becomes more effective the better you get at it.

And you REALLY gotta watch out for that scam shit. 95% of martial arts places have a crap master, barely any skill past shaky basics, and charge a lot of fees. Uniform, membership fee, grading fee, belt fee, you name it they have a fee. Try to avoid these places, do a bit of research on the teacher there.

Asking how long it will take for you to get "good" is like asking how long is a piece of string... It all depends on how you approach it, what type of teacher you have, how often you practice. And even then, what you thought was "good" will just seem normal to you. There will be something else you feel need to learn to get "good." You'll probably seem good to other non-MA people though like a month or two into learning.

Just ignore those dudes who say shit like "fuk dat shit yo i bus catz wit a gun shitz way betta." Anyone can be deadly when they have something that was made to kill like a gun. But what if you dont have one? Martial Artists can defend themselves with or without weapons, other people can only do it with a weapon and sometimes can't even succeed with a gun. I mean, you decide...

Person A: I am physically fit and I am able to defend myself in almost any circumstance because I am skilled in combatative arts.

Person B: If I have a working gun, ammunition and I can see my target, I can defend myself because of my ability to move my finger slightly.
Old 11-03-06, 05:22 AM   #19
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 40C2 F668

Thanks for all the feedback...

Imma look into Judo...I'm mainly interested in self defense and discipline

Anger management type of deal

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-06, 06:18 AM   #20
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 98EF 98CB

Quote:

word i had a book on judo...it's a decent for of martial arts

i did karate for a couple of years as a kid...i remember when i first got my gi (thats what they called ya kit) and this kid came up to me like hahahahaha you only a white belt...so i said yeah...and what belt are you on?...and he said well i don't do karate...so i said well...thats one belt higher than you...

but all martial arts are about discipline man...it's never about violence it's all self-control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-06, 01:23 PM   #21
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
word i had a book on judo...it's a decent for of martial arts

i did karate for a couple of years as a kid...i remember when i first got my gi (thats what they called ya kit) and this kid came up to me like hahahahaha you only a white belt...so i said yeah...and what belt are you on?...and he said well i don't do karate...so i said well...thats one belt higher than you...

but all martial arts are about discipline man...it's never about violence it's all self-control...

No you're wrong...

My brother is doing a form of Russian Martial Arts that they use to teach the soviet millitary, forgot what it's called, but basicaly it teachers you to kill your oppenant no matter what. Lowblows, bite him, pull his hair, dosn't matter... They teach you to be deadly with any form of a weapon, even a pen... And they teach you how to fight more then 2 people at once, and how to grab someone and use them as a shield while you fight. Among many other things...

But ya, Muay Thai also has a pretty violent origin
Old 11-03-06, 01:25 PM   #22
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:

Ya, Judo is all self defense and discipline, but there's no punching or kicking in it, or chops, elbows, knee's etc... It's just throws, takedowns, and submission. You MIGHT learn how to disarm an oppenant, but prolly not. You'll learn like throws, and how to use your oppenants own weight against him. How to counter an attack with a throw. And armlocks and chokes.
Old 11-03-06, 01:28 PM   #23
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 98EF 98CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
No you're wrong...

My brother is doing a form of Russian Martial Arts that they use to teach the soviet millitary, forgot what it's called, but basicaly it teachers you to kill your oppenant no matter what. Lowblows, bite him, pull his hair, dosn't matter... They teach you to be deadly with any form of a weapon, even a pen... And they teach you how to fight more then 2 people at once, and how to grab someone and use them as a shield while you fight. Among many other things...

But ya, Muay Thai also has a pretty violent origin

bruv people can be taught how to kill anyone using martial arts...but martial arts didn't originate as a form of violence but a form of discipline and self-control

that russian martial arts you talkin about is just a twisted version of martial arts...oh i also forgot to mention it's a form of SELF-DEFENSE...and also biting, and pulling hair & low blows aren't part of martial arts...although my sensi did say use it if it's ABSOLUTE last resort i.e headlock then you bite to get out if you can't reverse the lock...

but i'm not disregarding that post you did...but some people teach martial arts without the background behind it...it's like giving a trigger happy postman a gun...you know he's gonna shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-06, 03:04 PM   #24
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: 094D 3A1D

After readin this I think I wanna do some Martial Arts lol

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-06, 03:37 PM   #25
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 47F3 E0A2

Im def. doin it

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-06, 03:50 PM   #26
R.Christensen
Phu Que

IP: 68BB 8C71

Russians mainly train in Combat Sambo...

and training any single martial art is retarded in my eyes...

mixed martial arts is the way to go
Old 11-03-06, 04:43 PM   #27
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: 8F16 7AE9

Do muay thai.. thats what im gonna do.. It gives you the most work out.. it also is the most toughest training i know of. you really learn alot from it. Not only that, but it is perfect for self defense. I teaches you to be fast with your reflex, learn your sorroundings, and even teach you how to be quick on your mind. It is really worth it. Did karate for 2 years, helped put me in shape alittle but just didnt seem good. The trainers didnt seem dedicated to teaching you. My step-dad did 5 different martial art styles. he masterd 4 of em.
kung fu,
take wan do or however u spell it lol,
kick boxing, ninjitsu,
and best of all.. muay thai

he didnt master muay thai cuz of work and now a family lol.. but yea, i'd choose muay thai if i were you..

www.FG-Servers.com

Last edited by Dabatos : 11-03-06 at 04:47 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-06, 04:54 PM   #28
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
LSMAFOGSNSG

Are you a fucking idiot?

Please, if you've never done Martial Arts, dude, shut up...

youn fuckin moron i did martial arts from when i was younger

and i aint talkin bout that commercial ass MMA shit you do im talkin bout ONE martial art

and when i said good i dont mean average which is what it seems half these people are talkin about, i mean being in a position where you are reknowned and respected

shit my boy was tellin me at his taekwondo black belt grading there were brown belts who couldnt do jack

and as i have experience in martial arts you can kindly go fuck yourself

~peace~
Old 11-03-06, 08:30 PM   #29
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Quote:

Man if thats what you're after, I recommend Muay Thai. For self defense and discipline, it's probably one of the most effective out there. And in it is one of the strongest blows of any martial arts, the rising knee strike (Dont know the Thai name). They did a test once where they got together a whole lot of professional Martial Artists from different styles, even western styles like boxing, and said "K, do your strongest move on this dummy." And the dummy had all these high-tech sensors like they use in crash testing for cars.

So they all did this insane shit, like flying backwards kicks, huge punches, and they were all incredibly strong. Then when it was the Muay Thai guys turn he just went "......... TSU" and really quickly did some close range shit that hardly looked as flashy as what the other people were doing. It was the rising knee... The scientists were like "wtf" because it registered the same amount of force as the dummy would receive in a car crash test, where the car was going 35 miles per hour.

So yeah if you wanna be a walking 35m/h car crash to people, get some Muay Thai happening and train very hard. -_-
Old 11-04-06, 02:34 AM   #30
R.Christensen
Phu Que

IP: 68BB 8C71

go into mixed martial arts... period