RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-07, 08:08 PM   #18
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 073E 821D

lmao @ saying "i dont know why people have such of a strong opinion about Wayne... then typing THIS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
im sorry Soc... he's not an artist... u have to have concepts.... u have to have lines that i dont throw away everyday.... and yea, he does miss horribly 10% of the time, and 60% of the time its like "eh" and then the other 30% hit good.... that doesnt make an artist.... he fuckin just throws everythin at the wall and hopes somethin sticks.... why do u think all u do is see him go on a REMIX and do a "freestyle" or u see him do a collabo and have only one verse.... cuz he cant carry a whole song with that style... he goes off track way too much..

and ur comparison with Jay-Z isnt 1. as blatant and 2. as comparable because songs are suppose to have consistency.... ur not suppose to do random shit

and trust me, i went thru my lil wayne phase and it died FAST cuz i realize he does the same shit... his style is so predictable and easily replicated.... one of my boys did his own lil wayne verse... a 4 minute freestyle (even does the voice) and honestly, if u hadnt told people it wasnt wayne, they woulda been laughin cuz it was an "ill" wayne verse instead of laughin because of how well he mocked him....

shit, i remember that someone else (i think it was apexx) linked everyone in LL to a different person fakin a lil wayne verse...... and i SAW comments in the thread of people who hadnt read first that it was a FAKE... and i saw NUMEROUS comments where people were like "this shit was ill" and even a few people who were sayin THIS was the reason he was the greatest rapper alive

smh.... i really dont respect his style... DID IT BEFORE... have u heard DID IT BEFORE.... its a kind of cool concept for about THIRTY SECONDS and then gets way too annoying and repetitive, and actually repeats the same meaning behind the "did it before"s

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 07-16-07, 12:47 AM   #19
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 96EC 2170

yea i know....... i actually noticed halfway thru the post and was like "fuck it.... no one seems to be worrying about the title of my thread anyways"

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 07-16-07, 12:53 AM   #20
Clova
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 0-5
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: DB1C 4B69

Foreal though lil wayne is wack jus like most of u said he talks about the same shit and hopes that the crowd likes it.... FUCK that i meen yah theres a couple good songs but the day he sells as many records as eminem or Tupac or T.I. i will show him sum respect until then he needs to stop cuz he's not even in my top 20 mc's of the last 5 years... He's wack especially since he sounds like a rapper fucked up on helium 24/7 he dont gotta say weezy fuckin baby evry song we no who he is and it is sure in the hell not the best rapper alive so i dont like him but then again i guess he makes more money then me so he can keep doin his thing i just dont like him!
Old 07-16-07, 02:49 AM   #21
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1C46 A9B3

He's not wack, and he's not the greatest. He's just a rapper doing his thing, who makes good tracks, and bad tracks. You either like it or you don't. Him saying he's the best is just for marketing, and boy did it work. It's all simple actually... lol
Old 07-16-07, 11:59 AM   #22
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 96EC 2170

^^^^ thats pretty much how i felt about Wayne coming into this thread... has anyone noticed that NO ONE was talkin about him bein the greatest rapper alive until after HE started sayin he was.... seems alittle too simple to be true

Old 07-16-07, 01:11 PM   #23
Clova

Yah deff. When all u gotta look at is who sold the most albums and obviously they the best, now dont get me wrong though im not sayin that eminem or tupac or 50 is the best even though at one point in there career they were i think em jus over came tupacs record sales wich makes him number one and 50 is still workin up there and gettin to his spot i hear his new album was supposed to be hot! But i guess thats true cuz i do like that money on my mind song but then i dont like fireman and stuff if he switched up wat he talked bought in his songs then he would be tight!
Old 07-16-07, 10:46 PM   #24
Blackmage
Is F'in Bored

Text Record: 8-12
Audio Record: 5-5
IP: CE53 B16B

Try not to crucify me too bad
personally i hate the little guy. I can agree that every now and then he can make some songs worth listening to for more than 10 seconds. But there's a big difference between being good and being entertaining. Everyday we google or youtube videos about people who can't rap or dance, why? Because they're good? No because it entertains us. I understand wayne's style but honestly i just hate it. Even his good shit seems halfbaked plus, for me it takes more than one good bar in a verse to make a good song. meh i don't know i'm tired of thinking i just don't like his style and half like his lyrics. uhhh yea i'm drinking so fuck more explaining.

Knowledge is Power, Stop being Weak

The Legend of Blackmage
Featuring such heads as...Tha Q, 9th degree, Enygma,The green team, Big J and probably you! SO DON'T SLEEP!

Coming soon to a soundclick near you...

........Shit.....Nigga.......
Old 07-16-07, 11:02 PM   #25
Clova

Hell Yah Thats Wat Im Talkin Bought U Right Dawg!
Old 07-17-07, 01:06 AM   #26
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 3825 5B16

wow... i think Blackmage hit the nail on the head with "entertaining" vs "good" .... thats wat i was tryin to aim at earlier.... he seems like a sideshow, like a joke... and he doesnt even seem to take himself seriously.... u can see this in songs like did it before, party like a rockstart remix and White Girl Remix (although i will say that he has some ok lines and concepts in the Viva La White Girl Remix with Gym Class Heroes).....

like the first time i heard Wayne in his new "style" was on that Show Me What u Got Remix.... and i laughe so fuckin hard... at how wack it was... i thought he was like honestly makin fun of Jay-Z on it or just fuckin around....

and then i was talkin about the song online with a friend... and i thought we were BOTH sarcastically commentin on how "ill" it was until i got back into serious mode and we started arguin... he thought lines such as "i hit niggas in the head like vonage" and "i must be lebron if hes jordan" spat half off-beat were nice......

i mean, like ive said before, i like some of his songs.... but no matter how much he changes his voice around to see wat sounds better... its not gonna really change the fact that i think he carelessly throws any line with wordplay out there... i mean... i can do that... half of his lines in a lot of songs are just similes strung together in an almost stream-of-consciousness sort of way with no effort or focus put behind it: "i got a buzz like bees, ull catch a breeze like trees" for example (i dont even think thats a lil wayne line but it sounds like somethin he would say)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i came to compliment blackmages comment, but i really just gettin off on a tangent

Old 07-17-07, 01:12 AM   #27
Clova

Yah there u go so i think we all pretty much agree lil wayne aint as tight as he makes himself seem, so then wat u guyz think of artists like T.I. cuz u no how they was haven the king of the south arguement well do u guyz think T.I. is the king foreal or wayne??? and wat u think about T.I. new stuff like Big shit poppin, and Touchdown ft. Eminem that song is tight i think wbu guyz??
Old 07-17-07, 08:46 PM   #28
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 073E 821D

people hate wayne because he is so unique... if you put his lyrics off of The Drought 3 on Talib Kweli's voice and flow, which is a more traditional lyrical hip-hop flow, everybody on this site would be praising dude.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 07-17-07, 11:58 PM   #30
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 2998 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clova
Yah deff. When all u gotta look at is who sold the most albums and obviously they the best, now dont get me wrong though im not sayin that eminem or tupac or 50 is the best even though at one point in there career they were i think em jus over came tupacs record sales wich makes him number one and 50 is still workin up there and gettin to his spot i hear his new album was supposed to be hot! But i guess thats true cuz i do like that money on my mind song but then i dont like fireman and stuff if he switched up wat he talked bought in his songs then he would be tight!

wow. just wow.

record sales make you the best?

wow. just wow.