RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-08, 01:39 PM   #16
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

Then again Baph.

If there was WET (white entertainment television) half of it would be black people.

Because ignorance is funny to a percentage of us. :|
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 10-26-08, 02:21 PM   #17
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 7E48 EB29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Calling something Black Entertainment and excluding other races from their awards is racist. I don't give a fuck how you want to put it. It's funny too because the best hip hop artists are mostly white.

Like who?

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 04:27 PM   #18
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D088 20AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Like who?

Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Mac Lethal, Bliss N Eso, just to name a few.

/everybody is on Eminem's dick even though he's garbage.
Old 10-26-08, 05:56 PM   #19
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 9E75 3A8C

Quote:
Calling something Black Entertainment and excluding other races from their awards is racist. I don't give a fuck how you want to put it. It's funny too because the best hip hop artists are mostly white.

? Eminem, Paul wall, beastie boys etc and Other white performers have been nominated for AND have performed at the BET awards. Gwen Stefani and Fergie were there last year. =/ I don't think you know enough about the BET awards to talk about it. Research.
Old 10-26-08, 06:03 PM   #20
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Mac Lethal, Bliss N Eso, just to name a few.

/everybody is on Eminem's dick even though he's garbage.

I'm pretty sure brother ali is albino. He's black and has white skin.

And your comment pretty much highlights the point why some black/hispanic people have problems with white artists in hip hop. Because shit like this comes up and then people bring supremacist arguments to rap. I'm pretty sure there's some insecure black person out there who doesn't wanna admit he likes eminem because he knows some white dude out there is gonna say "AHA! THE BEST RAPPER IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND OF ALL TIME IS WHITE TAKE THAT NIGGERS LOL" even if its the only artist they're willing to listen to.

I'm pretty sure the BET awards have included more white artists than the oscars and and the grammys have included black artists. If it werent for the BET awards, a shitload of rappers would have never gotten any attention. BET was the main platform most of the early rappers had in getting their fame. Unless you'd have been fine with rap being confined to Yo! MTV raps forever.
Old 10-26-08, 09:09 PM   #21
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0E2B 78A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha .Q
Wow...Nem...why do people insist on asking that dumb question...

'Why do we need a black awards'

Have you seen the Oscars dude?

ugh

If you don't get it, you don't get it.

sure have seen the oscars...

and plenty of black people win awards you fucking dickhead... there is nothing racially exclusive about the oscars... if ANYTHING its geared towards jews... but thats another story..

im not here to argue about what race has better rappers... i really dont care, skin pigment when it comes to rappers for me is meaningless.. I'd hope it would be the same for everyone else... music is music... do you think im gonna think any differently about jimmy hendrix cause hes black? FUCK no

I'm here to argue that BET is a racist television network on some fucking reverse rosa parks shit...

lets stop being petty about what race has better rappers... both have dope rappers, both have absolutly embarrasing shit rappers...

its what it is... that argument is moot...
Old 10-26-08, 10:10 PM   #22
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
sure have seen the oscars...

and plenty of black people win awards you fucking dickhead... there is nothing racially exclusive about the oscars... if ANYTHING its geared towards jews... but thats another story..

im not here to argue about what race has better rappers... i really dont care, skin pigment when it comes to rappers for me is meaningless.. I'd hope it would be the same for everyone else... music is music... do you think im gonna think any differently about jimmy hendrix cause hes black? FUCK no

I'm here to argue that BET is a racist television network on some fucking reverse rosa parks shit...

lets stop being petty about what race has better rappers... both have dope rappers, both have absolutly embarrasing shit rappers...

its what it is... that argument is moot...

This.

And the BET awards aren't exclusive to black people either though. Robert Thicke winning best R&B has to say SOMETHING right
Old 10-26-08, 10:15 PM   #23
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

hmm... i wasnt aware that white people won awards at the black awards night...

doesent that defy the entire fucking point of having a black awards night?
Old 10-27-08, 12:40 AM   #24
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
hmm... i wasnt aware that white people won awards at the black awards night...

doesent that defy the entire fucking point of having a black awards night?

Not exactly. The point of the BET awards and BET as a network in general isn't a to make an exclusively black network/awards show, but to support an(in comparison) ignored base. While I think both the programming AND music on BET is garbage, I know for a fact that rap wouldn't have gotten as big as it did without it. The reason why a White entertainment station isn't needed is typically all television already IS white entertainment television. I know there's black shows on every channel, but the VAST, VAST, VAST majority of television is white people. So if a white person wants a WET odds are it isn't because he feels his race is being "underrepresented", but just because he wants to get back at black people for some reason.

BET didn't really serve its purpose though. The problem was that black people who got on TV were forced to play typical side roles and stereotypes, but that's actually the only way BET portrays black people anyway so it's useless. Rather blacks not get shown at all then get shown the way they are on BET.
Old 10-27-08, 02:10 AM   #25
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Not exactly. The point of the BET awards and BET as a network in general isn't a to make an exclusively black network/awards show, but to support an(in comparison) ignored base. While I think both the programming AND music on BET is garbage, I know for a fact that rap wouldn't have gotten as big as it did without it. The reason why a White entertainment station isn't needed is typically all television already IS white entertainment television. I know there's black shows on every channel, but the VAST, VAST, VAST majority of television is white people. So if a white person wants a WET odds are it isn't because he feels his race is being "underrepresented", but just because he wants to get back at black people for some reason.

BET didn't really serve its purpose though. The problem was that black people who got on TV were forced to play typical side roles and stereotypes, but that's actually the only way BET portrays black people anyway so it's useless. Rather blacks not get shown at all then get shown the way they are on BET.

nah, I dont want a WET... I think that would be a really stupid notion...

But I DO want BET to be abolished and awareness spread that as a concept you ultimatly cannot say it isnt racist in atleast SOME indirect mannor..

fuck, call it urban culture TV... there is so much more of a grey area these days between black and white culture and for equality to be truely instated into the societies that we live in this needs to be recognised and acted upon..

were people on a fucking planet man.. fuck racial devides..
Old 10-27-08, 02:26 AM   #26
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

except for muslims...

they can go fuck themselves and will continue to be hated untill they realise their religion is a fucking mockery started by the catholics to begin a war...

their religion is NOT true.. their religion is NOT the way of the future.. and they must be fought against untill they are an abolished embarrasing antiquity of human history....
Old 10-27-08, 06:24 PM   #27
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

yea the oscars are leaning towards the jews, stfu you fucking neo nazi
Old 10-27-08, 06:40 PM   #28
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: B390 A7D0

ummmmmmmmm I agree that the name switch to Urban Culture Tv would remove the racist image of the channel, although that sounds extremely gay... but the key part of BET is the Entertainment part... if it was just BT, then i would have a problem, but its not a channel that cant have white people on it, its a channel that is suppose to entertain black people... white people can entertain black people, theres actually quite a few white comics that have appeared on comicview and shit, but then again they usually suck...

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 10-27-08, 07:34 PM   #29
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 38AA E581

It was more interesting when they were beefin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 10-27-08, 07:54 PM   #30
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 0E6F 3B38

YOU NEED TO GET OF THE T I P OF MY DDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK KKKKKKK

But yeah. A name change is in order for BET. Im all for Smooth Entertainment Television. SET FTW

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote