RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-05, 11:23 PM   #16
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
NoNe...they all suck.If I wanted to hear some religous shit I'd buy a gospel CD.

they don't all suck...there are some amazing "religious" rappers...esp. locals ones on the DC area...I don't know they're names...cuz I don't keep up with them...they only play them on AM radio
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-05, 11:29 PM   #17
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
I would prolly have to say Ahkbar......son...the way he wraps my roast beef hero sandwich at the hindu store is fuckin serious.....he put tape on it an everything....word

LMFAOOOOOOO!!! i didnt get it at first, so i re read it... o man trip, u killin me w/ tha jokes tonite....lol

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 12:10 AM   #18
Ranks™
Real Nigga, nigga.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: 73AC 79C8

Kirk Franklin bitchass niggas.

.....Get Soulclapped, E-Style.....
t
Old 08-21-05, 12:28 AM   #19
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D6FD 8B82

I seriously dont get why someone would want to tarnish their image by comming up in rap and branding themselves as a religious rapper. I rap about religious shit every now and then because I got strong views, but to make it your entire image is media suicide..

Hope they enjoy only getting church gigs.. But I more or less dont listen to religious rappers because I think a lot of their messages are too simple. Their not trying to push the boundry by teaching people anything more than what your average church pastor would do at a sermon.. I dont blame them though, if their stupid enough to be a full religious rapper and prevent themselves ever being anything more than a small time church type get up, then ofcourse their not going to bring anything amazingly new to the plate.

Prove me wrong..
Old 08-21-05, 04:17 AM   #20
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 8BE5 036C

^^^ I disagree. My bro is signed to a Christian label, and he's a hella amazing kid for standing up in a media LIKE rap, AS a christian artist. I agree with Omens first post about how cats should stand up for something in their messages, and religion has got to be the strongest reason to speak about anything. Anyways - here is my list of top Religious rappers (Trust - I get all the inside shiznit)

-Mase (I used to love him, now he's religious - im still feelin him regardless)
-Braille (From Lightheaded - which my boy did the entire production for their album - straight sickness)
-Lightheaded (the crew)
-Rob Hodge (Has heatmakers style producin and reminds me of a mix between Rell and Juelz Santana)
-Mars ILL (Underground like WHOA. Hella amazing lyrics on their albums, and beats better than atmosphere stuff. word)
-Ambassador (His new single "feels good" is straight radio... I been bumpin it for a month)
-Tunnel Rats (Some of the dopest battle cats out of L.A. - huge crew and they all dope)
-Sharlock Poems (Someone mentioned him already, but whoa he nice)
-G.R.I.T.S. (same thing - they older, but got some of the sickest beats and feel good stuff)
-Ohmega Watts (part II of Lightheaded)
-NIFTY (CANADA WHAT! - This kid is straight sick, and he a mad nice guy too peep www.n-i-f-t-y.com fa real. Produces his own stuff. Peep "Thats me" off his site - the beat could be one of my fav of all times...)
-Russ-ill (My lil bro. Straight sick off the top. Been a dope battle head, and he's going for that longest freestyle record in guiness book of world records soon. Watch for his album from Life. Inc.)
-RationaL (Ill cat from near where I'm from. One of my fav songs of alltime is by him. word)

If ya'll want any MP3's of any of these cats holla at me. These cats are sick, and all bring ridiculously amazing messages. Stay up. word.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 04:30 AM   #21
JRoy
I'm Back HOEBAG

IP: B63D 0720

Kj-52,Gospel Gangstaz,Grits,and phenom showed me one before i forgot his name

^^Kids Are Stupid On The Internet Like This...lol

My Alias Names
--------------
ub2ez
Infector Mindz
Natural Instincts
JRoy
Past Tense
Old 08-21-05, 05:07 AM   #22
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D6FD 8B82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all
^^^ I disagree. My bro is signed to a Christian label, and he's a hella amazing kid for standing up in a media LIKE rap, AS a christian artist. I agree with Omens first post about how cats should stand up for something in their messages, and religion has got to be the strongest reason to speak about anything.

I spose I shouldnt generalise, some prolly got skill.. But being a Christian artist, cats will put lables on you and expect certain things of you. And in rap especially there is nothing worse than having pre-concieved opinions of your music that usually arnt true. By all means be a christian and try to display christian values if thats what your about, but being labled into a group like that is a bad move for anyones career.
Old 08-21-05, 07:52 AM   #23
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: FD2F 6364

lol @ rappin about god.......that shit cracks me up.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote