RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-05, 03:29 PM   #16
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: E029 FF4E

^^well said. It's the same sample. Producers do this ALL the time (and I can link to at least 3 differnt instances). And these beats are VERY different. Listen to the basslines, listen to the BPM, listen t othe snare, etc. Everything's different as hell except for that "duh duh duuhhhh" where the horns come in.

Oh also, the part where it sounds the same to you, I recomended he loop that part again like that and that was before my cousin told me cam used the same sample.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 04:09 PM   #17
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

^^^Well...it can be acceptable to you all...and daz coo...but those beats sounds very similar...

Dooms...I'm a musician and have a keen ear...I can hear the nuances in the beats that are different...But overall, those beats are basically the same...

For the record...Im a brass player...and a clarinet player...played in a jazz band...played from elementary school through college

and I also dibble in keyboard on the side...So I def. understand "music" as a whole...

I'm just saying those beats mirror each other...perhaps not congruently...but they are very similar...

I'm sorry...even if it is okay...why would a producer want to boast that "HEY LOOK, I COPIED SOMEONE'S BEAT..>ALMOST...AREN'T I DOPE"?

nah...I aint feelin dat...I'd want to be soo original, that people would want to come to me for my style and my style only...
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 04:23 PM   #18
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
^^^Well...it can be acceptable to you all...and daz coo...but those beats sounds very similar...

Dooms...I'm a musician and have a keen ear...I can hear the nuances in the beats that are different...But overall, those beats are basically the same...

For the record...Im a brass player...and a clarinet player...played in a jazz band...played from elementary school through college

and I also dibble in keyboard on the side...So I def. understand "music" as a whole...

I'm just saying those beats mirror each other...perhaps not congruently...but they are very similar...

I'm sorry...even if it is okay...why would a producer want to boast that "HEY LOOK, I COPIED SOMEONE'S BEAT..>ALMOST...AREN'T I DOPE"?

nah...I aint feelin dat...I'd want to be soo original, that people would want to come to me for my style and my style only...

where's he boasting that he copied a beat? It's a completely different beat with the same sample. How hard is that to understand?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 04:31 PM   #19
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
where's he boasting that he copied a beat? It's a completely different beat with the same sample. How hard is that to understand?

u mean like how Vanilla Ice tried to convince a judge that he didn't steal QUEEN'S shit?

^^yea...I get it...some rifts in the drums are different...but the presentation is basically the same...melody...the chord is slightly different...but it's the same shit...and the duh duh duh duuuu duuuuu is the same at the end...

that to me says UNORIGINAL BEAT

if he coo with that...fine...

Oh...and the BOASTING is him actually making the beat and passing it along as if he originated the shit...which he didn't.

Die a duck black and it's still a fuggin duck...jus a BLACK ONE.
Old 10-01-05, 04:37 PM   #20
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
u mean like how Vanilla Ice tried to convince a judge that he didn't steal QUEEN'S shit?

No, actually nothing liek that. Ice's beat WAS the same, then "changed it" by adding another hit of the snare in it. Phenom's beat is from the ground up and only shares the same sample. Unoriginal? Seeing that someone else did it, I'd say yes. But biting? Definitely not. You haven't "discovered" or "revealed" jack shit other than "how to make the Q look desperate".

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 10-01-05, 04:40 PM   #21
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
No, actually nothing liek that. Ice's beat WAS the same, then "changed it" by adding another hit of the snare in it. Phenom's beat is from the ground up and only shares the same sample. Unoriginal? Seeing that someone else did it, I'd say yes. But biting? Definitely not. You haven't "discovered" or "revealed" jack shit other than "how to make the Q look desperate".

actually...I wasn't tryna to discover anything...but I was jus browsin through beats and came across it...

and yall can call it what u will...the shits basically the same

nuff said...He ya crew and all and ya boy...But dooms...ur the same niggas that wiggled your ass outta biting allegations...

and just liek Vanilla Ice...he swears to this day that he shouldn't have lost that case...

w.e though...I know if I want a PHENOM BEAT...I'll just get it from another artitst

Old 10-01-05, 04:50 PM   #22
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: D792 1390

Q- everyone knows that Dooms didn't bite fa real tho... I ain't taking sides, but Phenom didn't "bite" anything if that's the case Kanye West bites when he makes beats, because he uses samples in almost every beat he makes. He might have tried to mimic the beat, but the outcome is different.

I know what you saying, they do sound similar, that don't mean it's the same.
Feel me?
Old 10-01-05, 04:53 PM   #23
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lady Fiya~
Q- everyone knows that Dooms didn't bite fa real tho... I ain't taking sides, but Phenom didn't "bite" anything if that's the case Kanye West bites when he makes beats, because he uses samples in almost every beat he makes. He might have tried to mimic the beat, but the outcome is different.

I know what you saying, they do sound similar, that don't mean it's the same.

thank you...I just want someone to realize Im not imagning these beats sounding SIMILAR...

but using a sample and having the actual beat sound the same are different

and those beats mirror each other...

when I start making beats...I plan to sample many songs from the 80s...my fav. time for music...but the presentation is understood to be a sample from a famous song...It's not like IM making a beat and acting like iz all new or original...

c'mon man
Old 10-01-05, 05:25 PM   #24
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: A607 0197

Tha Q
Just shut the fuck up.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 05:29 PM   #25
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: D792 1390

Word it's cool, Q, and damn kyro you on a stfu spree huh? lol... you come outta nowheres. dag.
Old 10-01-05, 05:30 PM   #26
Zone Out
Power Hungry

lol, lately, I HAVE been using that phrase alot.
I say it alot in real life.
plus, I say it in a different voice, so its humorous to me.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 10-01-05, 05:36 PM   #27
Van Ished
Throwback Member

IP: AA81 9857

Wtf, you reachin hard for that shit, you dont even have enough of Phenom's to even get a grasp of it, but it dont even sound bitten.
Old 10-01-05, 06:11 PM   #28
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lady Fiya~
Word it's cool, Q, and damn kyro you on a stfu spree huh? lol... you come outta nowheres. dag.

Kryo said something?

I have so many idiots on ignore...so please don't quote anyone u even SUSPECT has an IQ lower than my age

Old 10-01-05, 06:25 PM   #29
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Tha Q,m get off of people's nuts
ok WE KNOW YOU ARE GAY
You dont have to march around with spandex waving the rainbow flag around.
gosh

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 10-01-05, 06:26 PM   #30
Immense

Text Record: 16-12
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 294D 599D

Quote:
ummm...and u think it's creative to basically copy someone's beat?

it's the same fuggin beat as far as I'm concerned

If I made a beat...and Phenom "sampled" it...what ever ur talkin about...and made money off it...I'd sue his ass until he had nothin else to copy with.

daz pathetic...I mean...I thought Vanilla Ice was a joker with that "See, look, mine goes DOO DOO DOO DOO DOOO DUMMMM"...and it was Queens instrumental.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..............were did i say its cool to copy a beat...if you watch the last video on that site he explains he his not copying......he states that trying to reproduce a beat thats already been made helps you to start understanding fruity loops and what it can do.......

he takes the song that just blaze used a samples it.....showing u how to make the oh boy beat.....if you've never sampled..or not good at it...its easy to sample something thats already been sampled and learn that way.....and thats what the videos are doing....hes not copying the beat for nothing...hes doing it for tutorials to help other producers.........

as for phenoms beat...it dnt even sound exactly the same........

I Promise Alot...But I Deliver Alot More...

...Topicals...

SPEKTIKUL GFX